Updated: Visitors for Sunday's on campus BBQ

I think you guys may be putting too much weight on one game. A UF win is great for recruiting perception wise, but I don't believe the recruiting momentum will be as giant as some of you expect.

they're 17 year old kids who's friends & family all want to stay home & play for the []_[] only reason they say they're leaving is because they wanna win. If let's say UM does beat UF convincingly, they'll be hearing about that for months from everyone. Things like that affect these kids. Put up a n 11 win year n watch how many players flip. LET'S NOT FORGET HOW MANY PLAYERS HAVE FLIPPED ON US BECAUSE OF HOW WE'VE BEEN DOING ON THE FIELD THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong I think the game will be huge but I don't think it's gonna have a ridiculous amount of impact, recruiting wise for the 2014 cycle. I don't think the win will put us in a drivers seat to flip Lane, Cook, & Clark like some have implied. That being said we obviously need that win this year, for a multitude of reasons.

Cook did not make it out

Not overreacting to one incident, but the body of data we have from Cook right now doesn't look so bueno. People want to keep suggesting a flip but I see zero evidence that he's the least but interested.

In the latest article it seems everyone- mom, brother, coach, teammates want UM. Also he seemed as strong to Clemson a year ago as he is to UF now.

Last edited:
Guys lane or cook IS NOT COMING TO MIAMI!! Treon harris said that all lane ever talks about is the gators. On top of that cook said yesterday he wanT lane at uf bad and cook is just telling miami fans and reporters what they want to hear.He has known for a long time that miami wanted him and his brother was going there and his family wants him there and he has not shown interest.Even before we got yearby instead of him flipping to um he goes to uf.

Don't get me wrong I think the game will be huge but I don't think it's gonna have a ridiculous amount of impact, recruiting wise for the 2014 cycle. I don't think the win will put us in a drivers seat to flip Lane, Cook, & Clark like some have implied. That being said we obviously need that win this year, for a multitude of reasons.

I think you are wrong about the recruiting impact.
You have two girls. One looks like she went 12 rounds with Tyson in his prime, think Rocky at the end of Rocky 1. The other is all beautiful, lascivious, and strikingly unblemished.
Who do you want to wake up next to?
When a recruit is looking at both schools evenly and sees one beat down the other, and sees guys he knows and is even friends with celebrating with the victors, I don't see how that could not make a big and lasting impression.

Advertisement

I think you are wrong about the recruiting impact.
You have two girls. One looks like she went 12 rounds with Tyson in his prime, think Rocky at the end of Rocky 1. The other is all beautiful, lascivious, and strikingly unblemished.
Who do you want to wake up next to?
When a recruit is looking at both schools evenly and sees one beat down the other, and sees guys he knows and is even friends with celebrating with the victors, I don't see how that could not make a big and lasting impression.

He is just saying most of these guys choose a school because of relationships and overall feeling of the school, not just on field performance. There are some cases here and there though but rarely does one game become the deciding factor IMO. There is a lot on the line for both schools moving forward though but not necessarily in this cycle.

Guys lane or cook IS NOT COMING TO MIAMI!! Treon harris said that all lane ever talks about is the gators. On top of that cook said yesterday he wanT lane at uf bad and cook is just telling miami fans and reporters what they want to hear.He has known for a long time that miami wanted him and his brother was going there and his family wants him there and he has not shown interest.Even before we got yearby instead of him flipping to um he goes to uf.

Cook isn't married to any school....lets be honest here. Some kids motivations aren't always what we assume them to be.

I think you guys may be putting too much weight on one game. A UF win is great for recruiting perception wise, but I don't believe the recruiting momentum will be as giant as some of you expect.

I never put much stock into one game. Very rarely are guys sitting on the outcome of one game though we did lose "opportunities" with guys like Patchan and O'Leary after particular blowouts.

We do need this one though because UiF is trying to get too comfortable. They come into our barn and beat our *** and we have even more problems.

This right here. I just cant remember a coach having this much success with top guys in south florida especially Dade. Fsu, maybe. But UF?! da f*ck...

Travaris been down here doing work for the last couple years, quietly too... I know him from his CP days but dam man. cant be picking dade county best fruits man, lol...

Advertisement
Johnnie Dixon showing signs of being a heavy lean according to a couple kids I'm talking to. I just asked one if he thought Dixon would commit today and he said, "I think so. He has on the U gear"

@jhall, lmao love "keyboard beasts." Learn to respect son.
137.gif

Advertisement

I usually don't put much weight into 1 game but this one is different IMO

Its not about beating UF. Its about getting a marquee win for the 1st time in 10 years and proving the team is on the right track to being great again.

Not one doubt about it! Miami really needs this win even if it's not for this years recruits. It will make a difference in the future. They have to show sooner or later they can take down the SEC team by team, this is the perfect time to do it. Go Canes

I usually don't put much weight into 1 game but this one is different IMO

Its not about beating UF. Its about getting a marquee win for the 1st time in 10 years and proving the team is on the right track to being great again.

Advertisement
A quick update from one of my connects over there -

Yearby enjoyed the baked beans but wasn't "feelin the ribs." Said they were "too tough."

Smith helped Donna work the grill and when asked about his favorite part of the meal replied "dat cobbler tho."

Gibbons went home early after getting a mustard stain on his shirt.

Jethro Franklin tripped over a tree root and dropped a bowl of potato salad on Linder's head.

Advertisement
Back