Updated Roster...interesting developments

Chase Smith is skinnier than I expected at 6'4, 176. Hopefully, he's one of those kids who gains a ton of weight between now and August.
6'2" not 6'4" according to the site. surprising for sure.

Advertisement
Maybe with new coaching, he'll improve. Stranger things have happened.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
We have fūcktards on this site who have so much fūcking time on their hands that they sit around and hit the panic button when interns are updating the online roster and run on here and start a thread about players leaving a program, when it was just a sophomore UM student intern who is a slow typist.

Don’t you fūcking people have jobs?
If this post is directed at me than ***** off ****hole....

You don't know a **** thing about me including what I do for a living...

If your post was addressed to somebody else then carry on...

Chase Smith is skinnier than I expected at 6'4, 176. Hopefully, he's one of those kids who gains a ton of weight between now and August.

Long term, I see him as a linebacker/striker but he needs a year+ of body and skills development and won’t play much until well into his sophomore season when his body will be closer to the 6-3 200/210 prototype.

I doubt he’s 6-4, unless he’s grown an inch in the last 6-8 months which might could happen at that age.

Don’t know how wise it is for him to put on 30 ponds in just a few months.

Advertisement
**** juancane, can we at least see what elgammal can do. Im with you on hillery and herbert. We still need bodies for scout team, at the very least were a year away from kicking players out at a position of need. Like ol and cb

ElGammal never should have been here from the jump

Advertisement
Ugh, another season of Amari Carter committing targeting penalties? Can we finally move him to LB? We are too talented at safety to waste reps on him anymore.
Not sure what his weight is now, but I agree. I think they should give him a look a LB. He’s not afraid of contact and can move for LB. I think he could thrive there. He’s not a good safety.

He constantly gets run over and misses tackles, why would be better at LB? He should only see the field on special teams if that.
He got trucked bad during NC, but he has not consistently being run over. I agree he’s not good in space though, if he can put on some weight he might be more serviceable at LB. I don’t want to see him at safety anymore, that’s for **** sure.

Not sure what his weight is now, but I agree. I think they should give him a look a LB. He’s not afraid of contact and can move for LB. I think he could thrive there. He’s not a good safety.
He's likely too slow to be a consistently effective LB. But at least move him to a spot where we have less talent and quality depth. We should be set at Safety without Carter. LB we aren't so set at. At least worth a shot.

Advertisement
Why? Let him take his time. He was never going to get on the field as a freshman unless it's special teams. I always viewed him as a project who could take over in 2023.
If he gains weight fast that would suggest he's one of those kids who didn't really eat right in high school. DJ Ivey was like that. I'd be more concerned if the weight came on slowly, due to the low starting point.

Why? Let him take his time. He was never going to get on the field as a freshman unless it's special teams. I always viewed him as a project who could take over in 2023.
Exactly. He said he was recruited as a striker, unless something happens to both Gil and Keontra the chances of him seeing meaningful snaps was slim.

If he gains weight fast that would suggest he's one of those kids who didn't really eat right in high school. DJ Ivey was like that. I'd be more concerned if the weight came on slowly, due to the low starting point.
And we've seen how well Ivey's developed =P

Advertisement
Back