Updated Regular Season Win Totals

We'll know so much about this team after 2 weeks. Injuries and now any positive CV19 tests can wreck any teams depth chart at any moment this year so I'm not as fixated on our record as I normally would be. I need to see competence from all 3 phases of ball, and Manny needs to show he can manage and keep his players motovated after bye weeks. If that happens I think 9-2 is likely. My prediction was originally 8-3. I'm just excited to see football.

Advertisement
It we have more than two losses it’s time to clean house. I know every week is difficult and all, but I just don’t see another acceptable loss outside of Clemson and a random bad weekend.

It’s time to put up or shut up. This is the best offense Miami has had in probably 2 decades. if we can’t win now, it does not bode well for the immediate future.

We haven’t played a single snap yet. Last year our offensive line may have been the worst in college football. We have talented but unproven commodities at WR and RB.

I expect a dramatic improvement as well, but firing everyone after a 9 win season would be a pretty drastic action.

We haven’t played a single snap yet. Last year our offensive line may have been the worst in college football. We have talented but unproven commodities at WR and RB.

I expect a dramatic improvement as well, but firing everyone after a 9 win season would be a pretty drastic action.

I don't want to turn this into a coaching thread, but anyone who thinks Manny is even remotely considered to be removed if this team goes 8-3, you're out of your god**** mind.

I don't care what you THINK should happen. But if he goes 8-3, there is a literal 0.0% chance he's fired. And it might not even be that high.

Advertisement

There is zero shot he gets fired unless we finish 5-4. I’m just making my point that anything less than 8-2 or 9-1 going to Charlotte is a failure.

I don't want to turn this into a coaching thread, but anyone who thinks Manny is even remotely considered to be removed if this team goes 8-3, you're out of your god**** mind.

I don't care what you THINK should happen. But if he goes 8-3, there is a literal 0.0% chance he's fired. And it might not even be that high.
That’s fair but he better not get an extension for that considering Flake’s history..

This team should win at least nine. A lot may depend on the x factor( covid 19). if half a teams starters are being quarantined for a couple games it could ruin their season. Hopefully no team gets affected that bad but it is possible

Advertisement
And then there's this 🤡

Miami Hurricanes: 6 wins​

The general thought among fans and oddsmakers is Miami should win seven games this season, but the schedule is a bit tougher than at first glance. There are too many trap games, particularly on the road, that could lead the team to a losing season, even with quarterback D'Eriq King on board and Rhett Lashlee calling plays for the hurry-up, no-huddle system that promises to revitalize a team that struggled to score, even against the bad teams. A trip to N.C. State and Wake Forest serve as trap games. Another road trip to Virginia Tech is a coin flip at best. Plus, Miami needs to be ready from Week 1 of the ACC season with a trip to Louisville before hosting hungry rival Florida State the following week.

Florida State Seminoles: 7 wins​

Florida State was rather abysmal last season and yet the Seminoles finished .500 in the conference. Why can't they win another game or two in 2020 and jump tot he top half of the conference with six or seven wins this fall?
Former Memphis coach Mike Norvell is on board as the head coach and an immediate uptick in production offensively is expected in Year 1. James Blackman returns at quarterback but that offensive line will remain a problem until it proves otherwise after several years of troubles to block after Jimbo Fisher skipped town for the SEC.
Want some great news? All but one starter returns on defense, even if it was a sub-par group last season whose production dove because of the offense's inability to finish drives. Defensive tackle Marvin Wilson is an All-ACC and potential All-American in the middle, and with a solid anchor to lead the defense's pass rush and run defense, the Seminoles should be just fine on defense this season.

face palm GIF by Captain Obvious

And then there's this 🤡

Miami Hurricanes: 6 wins​

The general thought among fans and oddsmakers is Miami should win seven games this season, but the schedule is a bit tougher than at first glance. There are too many trap games, particularly on the road, that could lead the team to a losing season, even with quarterback D'Eriq King on board and Rhett Lashlee calling plays for the hurry-up, no-huddle system that promises to revitalize a team that struggled to score, even against the bad teams. A trip to N.C. State and Wake Forest serve as trap games. Another road trip to Virginia Tech is a coin flip at best. Plus, Miami needs to be ready from Week 1 of the ACC season with a trip to Louisville before hosting hungry rival Florida State the following week.

Florida State Seminoles: 7 wins​

Florida State was rather abysmal last season and yet the Seminoles finished .500 in the conference. Why can't they win another game or two in 2020 and jump tot he top half of the conference with six or seven wins this fall?
Former Memphis coach Mike Norvell is on board as the head coach and an immediate uptick in production offensively is expected in Year 1. James Blackman returns at quarterback but that offensive line will remain a problem until it proves otherwise after several years of troubles to block after Jimbo Fisher skipped town for the SEC.
Want some great news? All but one starter returns on defense, even if it was a sub-par group last season whose production dove because of the offense's inability to finish drives. Defensive tackle Marvin Wilson is an All-ACC and potential All-American in the middle, and with a solid anchor to lead the defense's pass rush and run defense, the Seminoles should be just fine on defense this season.

face palm GIF by Captain Obvious

Brad Power, who is a Vegas handicapper, released his "best bets" on these RSW totals, and had Miami UNDER 7.5 on there. Some dude challenged him in the comments and he said he'd gladly bet $1,000 on the under with the dude.

So, if anyone is REALLY confident we're going 8-3 or better, you can make a grand.

Advertisement
Clemson is what it is and then the UL game will probably not be easy.

Doubt we’re much of a favorite against VT and UNC, if at all. So potentially 4 games as either a big dog (Clemson) or at best a small favorite.
Do people forget that an ENOS offense put up 500 yards and 7 TD's against UL last year. Now we actually have a Real offense can you imagine what we will do to them.

Advertisement
Agreed. I'm absolutely going to be taking the under on FSU this year. The line is right at 7, so to lose, they need to go 8-3.

Clemson is a guaranteed loss. So they'd need to go 8-2 on games that include Miami, Notre Dame, UNC, Louisville, NC State, and Pitt.

Good luck.
I had a similar thought when I saw the f$u line at 7. They could very easily end up winning 5 or 6 games this season. Obviously with COVID-19 there is an extra element of speculation betting season totals this year, but I am bullish on the under.

I got us at 7-4. Could see 8-3 or 9-2 if things go well. Really not an easy schedule at all and it has now been three years since we were any go so we shouldn't expect too much.

That’s not smart logic there.. because it has been 3 years since we won 10 we will suck? What were we the year before that and the prior year? Last year we lost a ton of games by small margins and even with the ****ty offense we were in games till our kicker decided he was not gonna show up to the games. We gon be alright

I had a similar thought when I saw the f$u line at 7. They could very easily end up winning 5 or 6 games this season. Obviously with COVID-19 there is an extra element of speculation betting season totals this year, but I am bullish on the under.

I think their ceiling is 7-4. So if you’re gonna give me a total of 7, I have to take the under. At worst this will be a push, IMO. I’ll be shocked if they’re 8-3. Beyond shocked.

Advertisement
Back