Updated Regular Season Win Totals

Now that the dust is settled, for the most part, BetOnline released updated regular season win totals in the last few days.

Miami’s is currently 7.5, with heavier juice on the over (-155). Remember, only 11 games this year. So Vegas is saying 8-3 or 7-4.

Clemson’s is 10.5, of course, so we obviously all expect them to have 1 spot in Charlotte. But who gets the other one?

UNC total is 7.5 also.
VT is also 7.5.
All 3 teams play each other. Will maybe the game at Hard Rock on 12/5 be a play-in game to Charlotte? Only other team higher than those 3 is Notre Dame (8.5 total, they do play UNC and Clemson but don’t play Miami or VT) Others:

FSU total 7
Louisville total 7

Florida total 7.5
Alabama total 8
UGA total 8.5
Oklahoma total 8.5
LSU total 7

Advertisement
Interesting odds there. It’s clear and one we’ve all known - we need to lose only to Clemaon during the regular season and go 10-1. I then would like our chances after some adjustments are made and we catch Clemson with a right upper cut on the chin.

I got us at 7-4. Could see 8-3 or 9-2 if things go well. Really not an easy schedule at all and it has now been three years since we were any go so we shouldn't expect too much.

I've got us at 9-2 but 10-1 is definitely possible and not as unlikely as many would suggest. We just have to keep our focus and avoid that trap/letdown type of game. We can do this.

I have a Miami/Clemson rematch in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
I got us at 7-4. Could see 8-3 or 9-2 if things go well. Really not an easy schedule at all and it has now been three years since we were any go so we shouldn't expect too much.
Just curious, who's the 4th loss? I'm guessing there are 2 maybe 3 games on the schedule where we are a dog - @Clem @VT and UNC. Then what? @Ville or FSU? I guess the thinking is we go 2-3 in those 5 and drop one head scratcher. If so, that would be an unmitigated disaster of a season.

I’m closer to 9-2 than 8-3.

Just curious, who's the 4th loss? I'm guessing there are 2 maybe 3 games on the schedule where we are a dog - @Clem @VT and UNC. Then what? @Ville or FSU? I guess the thinking is we go 2-3 in those 5 and drop one head scratcher. If so, that would be an unmitigated disaster of a season.

I’m closer to 9-2 than 8-3.

Clemson is what it is and then the UL game will probably not be easy.

Doubt we’re much of a favorite against VT and UNC, if at all. So potentially 4 games as either a big dog (Clemson) or at best a small favorite.

So even if we split those, we’d have to sweep the rest of the schedule, and we *should*....but we all know how that usually goes.

I think that’s how this number is derived and really with the vig being what it is, Vegas has us much more of a favorite for 8 wins vs 7.

Is 8-3 a success? I doubt you get to Charlotte with 3 losses, but anything is possible with how the schedule is set up now.

Advertisement
wash. rinse. repeat.
fsnzYr1pgvAQM.gif

At some point, our beloved Miami players must live up to the standard (as long ago since last seen) of being Hurricanes.

Some team, some group of young men have to say enough with mediocrity.

In HC (de facto) Lashlee we trust.

Until he gives reason not to.

Go win the next game. Go Canes.

The schedule got tougher and they’re playing one less game so going from 8.5-9 to 7.5 projected wins seems fairly logical. Not sure you can look at the schedule and predict any losses outside of Clemson but given Miami’s inconsistency there’s not a lot of games you can circle and call sure thing wins either I’m still comfortable taking the over.

I haven’t seen FSU’s schedule and I know they’re not playing Florida this year but man, 7 wins seems like quite a stretch for that dumpster fire. That might be an easy under bet.

Advertisement
The schedule got tougher and they’re playing one less game so going from 8.5-9 to 7.5 projected wins seems fairly logical. Not sure you can look at the schedule and predict any losses outside of Clemson but given Miami’s inconsistency there’s not a lot of games you can circle and call sure thing wins either I’m still comfortable taking the over.

I haven’t seen FSU’s schedule and I know they’re not playing Florida this year but man, 7 wins seems like quite a stretch for that dumpster fire. That might be an easy under bet.
EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9.jpg

Us, ND, UNC, Louisville, Pitt, and Clemson are all very likely losses for FSU.

View attachment 128348

Us, ND, UNC, Louisville, Pitt, and Clemson are all very likely losses for FSU.

Agreed. I'm absolutely going to be taking the under on FSU this year. The line is right at 7, so to lose, they need to go 8-3.

Clemson is a guaranteed loss. So they'd need to go 8-2 on games that include Miami, Notre Dame, UNC, Louisville, NC State, and Pitt.

Good luck.

Advertisement
My take away is no one really knows!

Every team has gone through changes, new players, different schedules learning their system better, got stronger and faster.

That’s why you play the games. Speaking of the games, you have weather, referees, deflated balls, injuries, etc. to deal with.

Lets go canes!!!

You are a loser till you become a winner. Hope we shock the world this year!!!!!!

It we have more than two losses it’s time to clean house. I know every week is difficult and all, but I just don’t see another acceptable loss outside of Clemson and a random bad weekend.

It’s time to put up or shut up. This is the best offense Miami has had in probably 2 decades. if we can’t win now, it does not bode well for the immediate future.

Advertisement
Back