Updated Regular Season Win Totals

Advertisement
I believe CMR signed a four year deal when he came here. He had two years added to it after a year two. That season they went 10-3 and we had a 15 game winning streak in there as well, which had started year one.

Adding the two years to his deal was pretty standard stuff, especially for Recruiting purposes.

That’s the only extension of note James has given here.

@ Louisville, @ Clemson & @ Wake will be our toughest games.

@ Va Tech got significantly less tough when Caleb Farley opted out, he was arguably the best CB in the ACC & a potential 1st round corner, he was also the main catalyst for their whole Defense because their pass rush is average at best. They also have a brand new DC, Bud Foster retired, so the transition to a new DC will be a young guy in Justin Hamilton who has never called plays in P5 football before.

LVille won't be a tough game due to talent, it will be because Satterfield is a really good offensive coach & understands how to scheme his guys open to create big chunk yard plays. Their Defense is still devoid of talent particularly in the secondary but they're a team you have to prepare for heavy & play 4 quarters of complete football or else they'll catch you slippin.

Same with Wake, it's not talent it's Dave Clawson & Waren Ruggiero's ability to scheme & create impactful offensive productivity. But with losing Jamie Newman & their best offensive weapon in Sage Suratt they should have a loss of firepower that makes them less dangerous. They also have Paul Williams (yes that Paul William) as their CB's coach, so our WR's should eat that game lol.

Everyone will be hyping the UNC game, but we'll beat them at HR, they're the most overhyped team this offseason, that Defense is still trash.

I have us going 9-2 or 8-3, it's possible we go 10-1 but highly unlikely. I don't think we go 7-4.
I’m with your thought process Liberty. Those away games are going to be the precursor of our season. I like Satterfield but he has zero, 0 defensive talent. The only thing I’d slightly worry about there is the consistency needed to beat them offensively. We figured them out last year, and still left points out there. @Wake I believe with no Suratt or Newman that we will feast on them ala an App St type game. Lastly @Vag Tech. It should be a game u Der the lights - if you read the preseason mags, the Hokies will finish #2 or #3 in the ACC prior to ND stopping by and ******** up our conference. I like Hooker but there’s plenty of game film on him now. That, and installing a new defensive scheme will make that game interesting. But still I feel we can return to Coral Gables with the victory.

To me the season rides on that game in Death Valley. Should be another prime time game for the Canes. To play well in that game is an understatement. We desperately need to show Clemson that all of the preseason hype is real. I’m not expecting a victory but don’t be shocked if we can keep it within 14 heading to the 4th. Wrap that all up and I’m staring at 10-1, 9-2 for the 1 game after Clemson as an L. How we play in that matchup will determine if we’re looking at a very nice year given all the distractions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back