Updated commit count/targets

Advertisement
Just redid the numbers, and I believe these are correct:

Total room under the 85 cap: 28
Total available toward 2011: 9
Total available for 2012: 25

I'm pretty sure we don't have 9 available from last year. We signed and brought in 18 kids last year (i think you are forgetting DSmith and Botts) so I think 7 is the number for 2011.

Funny if we didn't bring in Alexis and Wells late, two guys that don't seem like Miami players according to reports, then we would have room for 2 more.

Is Thompson coming in as a football recruit?

Not sure the rules but can't we have him as a baseball guy and then if he plays it switches to a football schollie?

Bourque, RB from LA, is definitely on the radar.

maybe Thompson starts on a baseball schollie until fall practice season starts. If AJL has to prep and there will for sure be 1 or 2 other surprise guys, I think we'll make it with a bit of attrition

I would believe Hunter Wells won't be back, Billy Sanders will be asked to graduate etc.

Because he's been recruited by the football staff, he can't start on baseball by NCAA rule.

Quick thought:

Dont be surprised if coach Golden redirects one of our current cornerback commits. No inside info, just my gut feeling if he's still going after more corners.

Just redid the numbers, and I believe these are correct:

Total room under the 85 cap: 28
Total available toward 2011: 9
Total available for 2012: 25

I'm pretty sure we don't have 9 available from last year. We signed and brought in 18 kids last year (i think you are forgetting DSmith and Botts) so I think 7 is the number for 2011.

Funny if we didn't bring in Alexis and Wells late, two guys that don't seem like Miami players according to reports, then we would have room for 2 more.

Finnie and Pierre should have counted against 2010. We had a full class of 26 in 2010, but there were 6 early entries and all 6 should have counted toward 2009 when we only had a class of 17.

Advertisement
Canesport has us trying to turn Antonio Crawford, a CB from Tampa, who's committed to GT. So seems like between him and renfro, we're still hunting CBs.

Thats the kid that was covering Malcolm Lewis in the title game right? That kid is a FACKING BALLER!! I wathced that game and was like WHO THE **** IS THAT???

Lewis had to make a ridiculous catch in the endzone to get by him. They went at it all night

I would fap hard if we flipped this kid man. That one game alone showed me he's gonna be a stud. Otherwise, he would be another Jayron Hosley 1st team all ACC for an out of state team

I don't know anything about him other than that game. But what I saw in that one game was pretty **** impressive.

Me too. I was like who the fack is that? Kid was fast and physical with the best WR in Broward county. ANd Lewis is 5'11" 195 yet this CB was taking it to him.

Quick thought:

Dont be surprised if coach Golden redirects one of our current cornerback commits. No inside info, just my gut feeling if he's still going after more corners.

Sure hope not.

Hope is solid altho he needs a year to bulk up. Like his tackling ability.

Butch wanted Dortch............enough said

Davis is a Miami dade baller and looked good in one on one drills vs some of the best in Dade. He got his offer directly from Golden after an individual workout by the staff.

Deon Bush is just a baller and most lhysically gifted CB we have right now

AJL is nasty wherever we put him (could play WR for us)

Waters is a WR all day.

At some point the numbers will factor in.

USNAVY- Please re-read page 3. The baseball-football recruit rule is spelled out there. Thompson MUST absorb a football 'ship on his first day of practice.

Also - regarding EE's - please also note that you must have one player THAT HAS GRADUATED and is no longer going to be on the roster next year for EACH EE that is to be counted towards the previous class. Its not simply a matter of being under the 85/25 mark. The one that comes to mind is Lamar Miller. I dont think he's graduated yet.

Advertisement
Back