Updated commit count/targets

If we take 35 kids, there has to be 2 or 3 that greyshirt. Who that is, I have no idea. I would imagine 1 or 2 kids won't make it, happens every year.

Advertisement
EE's count towards last years class totals. We had 17 guys I think, so we have space for maybe 8 EEs. Plus 25 this cycle gives us 33. Leaves 2 spots for non-qualifiers

Is Thompson coming in as a football recruit?

Not sure the rules but can't we have him as a baseball guy and then if he plays it switches to a football schollie?

Bourque, RB from LA, is definitely on the radar.

Once Thompson steps on the football field, his scholarship, becomes a football scholarship, no matter what he comes in as.

I stated that in my post. I don't think it applies to practice does it?

practice makes it count.

Since he has been recruited to play football here, he has to take a football scholarship.

This is the correct answer here. To my best memory the rule reads, "if a player is RECRUITED AS A FOOTBALL ATHLETE then his scholarship converts to football when he begins PRACTICE. If he was NOT RECRUITED as a football athlete, then his scholarship converts to football when he first PLAYS IN A GAME." The rule also gives examples, one of which is "player is offered a football scholarship during the recruiting period." So that alone means that Thompson's ship is football.

This is better for UM anyway because the baseball team is constantly struggling with only 11.7 ships for a 25 player roster.

Advertisement
SigmaTel what happens if a kid transfers? That opens up space on the 85. Think we have to get an EE to replace a transfer.

Wrong. The transfer opens up a spot on the 85 cap, but doesn't increase the 25/year limit. your early entries count towards next year unless you have unused space on the prior-year's 25 new counter limit.

SigmaTel what happens if a kid transfers? That opens up space on the 85. Think we have to get an EE to replace a transfer.

Wrong. The transfer opens up a spot on the 85 cap, but doesn't increase the 25/year limit. your early entries count towards next year unless you have unused space on the prior-year's 25 new counter limit.

Correct. What we can replace transfers with is other transfers. Kids with one year of eligibility are ideal, because they can't cause a numbers problem when we start to get reduced from 85.

I say we close with 35 kids. Also I think we pull in the following players.

1 Goldman
2 PJ williams or Howard
3 Waters stick
One TE not sure who it might be.

Advertisement
I think the 25 rule is an ACC rule and not an NCAA rule... so it's really more of a guideline than a rule. I don't believe conferences typically enforce these kinds of rules anyway.

Regardless, there will be some that don't qualify academics so it should all work out.

The yearly max scholarships given to first counters is 25 - set by the NCAA. The allow you to sign up to 28 to account for academic casualties, etc. The +3 rule gets the rampant gray shirting under some control. Some SEC school were piggish about over signing in the past.

I don't know if the ACC has a limit, but I know the Big-10 is more restrictive than the NCAA. For instance, if Indiana had 70 scholarship players on signing day, the Big-10 would only allow them 15 + 3 oversignings. They allow you to sign 3 more than the number it takes to get to 85, as long as it doesn't exceed the NCAA's limit. I don't know if other conferences have similar rules.

Of course, all I'm referring to is the number counted against any particular year. We'll still probably sign 32-35 because of EE's counting against 2011

Canesport has us trying to turn Antonio Crawford, a CB from Tampa, who's committed to GT. So seems like between him and renfro, we're still hunting CBs.

Advertisement
Canesport has us trying to turn Antonio Crawford, a CB from Tampa, who's committed to GT. So seems like between him and renfro, we're still hunting CBs.

Thats the kid that was covering Malcolm Lewis in the title game right? That kid is a FACKING BALLER!! I wathced that game and was like WHO THE **** IS THAT???

Lewis had to make a ridiculous catch in the endzone to get by him. They went at it all night

I would fap hard if we flipped this kid man. That one game alone showed me he's gonna be a stud. Otherwise, he would be another Jayron Hosley 1st team all ACC for an out of state team

It is the kid that covered Lewis.

Holy **** if we land him and Bush. Sucks that we cant get Tracey and that Legget is going to Marshall unless he preps for us................but 2 of the top 5 CB's in this state would be amazing for our secondary.

Wow they have the poor kid listed as a 2 star

Kid is 5'11 180 pounds and looked plenty good to me

Advertisement
Just redid the numbers, and I believe these are correct:

Total room under the 85 cap: 28
Total available toward 2011: 9
Total available for 2012: 25

Thats the kid that was covering Malcolm Lewis in the title game right? That kid is a FACKING BALLER!! I wathced that game and was like WHO THE **** IS THAT???

Lewis had to make a ridiculous catch in the endzone to get by him. They went at it all night

I would fap hard if we flipped this kid man. That one game alone showed me he's gonna be a stud. Otherwise, he would be another Jayron Hosley 1st team all ACC for an out of state team

I don't know anything about him other than that game. But what I saw in that one game was pretty **** impressive.

Wow they have the poor kid listed as a 2 star

Kid is 5'11 180 pounds and looked plenty good to me

2* just means not yet evaluated, but has a profile. lulz.

He'll be a three at some point.

Advertisement
Back