Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Is it time to discuss:

Manny's contacts or lack thereof?

How limited the hiring pool may be if forced to run Manny's scheme?

How to improve defensive fundamental retardation when CMD by all appearances has no regard for fundamentals and strictly views the defense's problems as talent-related?

Advertisement
Nahhh, he’s not smart enough to do that, though I doubt he has the financial leash to hire a credible DC that would be just making about a mill less a year than he does.

Lol, another one who thinks being an a$$shole=alpha. Coaches don't avoid Steele and Pruitt because they are "alphas", they avoid them because they have a reputation for backstabbing coaches.

I'm starting to get the sense that a lot of posters here dont actually understand where the terms "alpha" and "beta" males came from. It came from a primatologist describing chimpanzee behavior. It got popularized in the mainstream back in the 1990s because Newt Gingrinch would give a book called "Chimpanzee Politics" to all incoming freshman GOP representatives. The alpha male has nothing to do with being the strongest, most swaggering male. The smallest male in a group can be the alpha male. It is the male who is the most liked, not the bully of the group. The alpha male 1) either surrounds himself with stronger, larger males who individually could easily dominate the smaller alpha male, but because he has the support of the other large males, if one of the stronger males got out of line, they group would beat the **** out of the larger male to defend the smaller alpha. 2) the alpha male is the one that the female alpha is attracted to (and the female alpha is the one who is the most liked and has the most allies, against doesn't mean she is the strongest).

The irony is that by saying that Diaz just surrounds himself with sycophants who do his bidding, guess what, you are actually describing Diaz as an alpha male.

Last edited:
If Bud was happy with Blacksburg girls and booze, he would lose his mind in Miami!

I used to work with an old teammate of Bud Foster a few years ago; they still spoke regularly.

I once asked him why Foster didn't go be a HC or take a higher profile DC job. He said that Foster was just one of those rare people who was perfectly happy with where he was at, and didn't live an expensive lifestyle so he didn't need more money. He was never going to leave VT, not matter how much money any team threw at him.

I used to work with an old teammate of Bud Foster a few years ago; they still spoke regularly.

I once asked him why Foster didn't go be a HC or take a higher profile DC job. He said that Foster was just one of those rare people who was perfectly happy with where he was at, and didn't live an expensive lifestyle so he didn't need more money. He was never going to leave VT, not matter how much money any team threw at him.
Ironically the only thing Bud spent his money on was Bud and Fosters.

Advertisement
Per Ivins - Jess Simpson a real possibility at DL. Baker and Patke more & more likely to be staying per what he’s hearing.

I know it’s been alluded here by insiders as well as that being a possibility.
If it's True Simpson is coming back, the best part about that is it'll expose blake baker even more if be remains the d-co, because he definitely was not the problem when in his one year here.

Is it time to discuss:

Manny's contacts or lack thereof?

How limited the hiring pool may be if forced to run Manny's scheme?

How to improve defensive fundamental retardation when CMD by all appearances has no regard for fundamentals and strictly views the defense's problems as talent-related?
why pick today to stop?

Other than cribtalk, every thread is the same discussion with a different title... just saw the “I hate our defense, our players, our coaches and Miami brought to you by Jon Ford is returning” thread...

Advertisement
Advertisement

I met him one time in the beer garden of a music festival and he was absolutely ****faced and one of the coolest dudes I’ve ever met. Had hot *** woman hanging all over him too.

Lol, another one who thinks being an a$$shole=alpha. Coaches don't avoid Steele and Pruitt because they are "alphas", they avoid them because they have a reputation for backstabbing coaches.

I'm starting to get the sense that a lot of posters here dont actually understand where the terms "alpha" and "beta" males came from. It came from a primatologist describing chimpanzee behavior. It got popularized in the mainstream back in the 1990s because Newt Gingrinch would give a book called "Chimpanzee Politics" to all incoming freshman GOP representatives. The alpha male has nothing to do with being the strongest, most swaggering male. The smallest male in a group can be the alpha male. It is the male who is the most liked, not the bully of the group. The alpha male 1) either surrounds himself with stronger, larger males who individually could easily dominate the smaller alpha male, but because he has the support of the other large males, if one of the stronger males got out of line, they group would beat the **** out of the larger male to defend the smaller alpha. 2) the alpha male is the one that the female alpha is attracted to (and the female alpha is the one who is the most liked and has the most allies, against doesn't mean she is the strongest).

The irony is that by saying that Diaz just surrounds himself with sycophants who do his bidding, guess what, you are actually describing Diaz as an alpha male.
Yeah, only you “understand”....

keep worrying about coaches that backstab moron...but the same time, keep enjoying your heroes like Blake Baker who can’t contain 3rd and 4th and long. At least there will be no friction for us there COACH.

idiot. Your the same tool that loves coaches like Manny who don’t discipline players, just gives them hugs.

Advertisement
University never made an official announcement that Rumph was let go. Hopefully same is true of Baker.

Advertisement
Back