Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

He’s not a good recruiter anymore. I think he’s even been quoted saying he’s burnt out these days because of the way kids handle the process. He’s not wrong but it’s still part of the job. It’s like 60-70% of the job.
Def not the guy we want for this 2022 class if that’s the case.

Advertisement
1610551225854.png

I know some of you’re impatient as **** but I’ve said the same thing for two weeks. As of now they’re waiting , they reached out to multiple big names and still waiting on a decision. There’s no reason be in a hurry. Just get it right.

You’re wasting your time reading twitter twats and articles from “ insiders “. I’m not sure how many times these guys can be exposed until you get it.

The only thing I’ll continue to say is Bakers fate isn’t sealed. But at the very worse“ if” he’s still on staff he wont be calling plays,

At this point anyone saying different is just is lying. Manny has this on lock. Nobody knows jack.
Next time someone posts an article from 247 will have to answer to @RVACane

Advertisement
That's a good point. As bad as Baker is, let us not forget that Donuts was even worse. Donuts ineptitude is the stuff of legends.
Did he ever give up 800 yards in a game?

That’s also something Manny also came close to doing at Texas, which is why I don’t want Diaz running the defense at all. Let him hire somebody good who runs it all himself and let Manny stay at CEO.

Advertisement
I agree with you for the most part

I guess i'm a realist when I ask the board, who is better at calling defensive plays (that is available) than manny?

plenty of HC's in the NFL call plays as well, plenty of college coaches call plays as well

Manny diaz turned our dumpster fire No'D defense into a top 5 defense in that nation, #1 in turnovers, #1 tfl, #1 passing defense, top 3 in sacks, etc.

why are people so excited to go with anything but that?

vennables and don brown are the only 2 I would pick over manny calling plays in the entire country and good news is we already have manny on contract and he's clearly willing to do whatever necessary to win

steele? lmao
strong? LOL

both of those guys have worse resumes than baker recently

if vennables is breaking down our door or don brown randomly leaves arizona a week after getting the job then by all means i'll be ecstatic, but 95% of everyone else out there is a downgrade (assuming manny completely takes over playcalling which is the bare minimum he needs to do) and that's not opinion it's based on fact

c'mon guys new is not better, we need to use our brains and look for quality
So you are really trying to say that Baker is a better coach than Strong and Steele? You can't be serious

So you are really trying to say that Baker is a better coach than Strong and Steele? You can't be serious
it says assuming manny takes over playcalling which at this point is all but common knowledge

so i'm saying they aren't better than diaz. Actually, they aren't even close to as good as diaz

Advertisement
Did he ever give up 800 yards in a game?

That’s also something Manny also came close to doing at Texas, which is why I don’t want Diaz running the defense at all. Let him hire somebody good who runs it all himself and let Manny stay at CEO.
What’s the cut off for ypg and at what point in time?

Welp clearly no proven DCs wants to come here under Diaz. If they reallly went after Steele and dude prefers to be a position coach under Pruitt than DC at Miami, the writing is on the wall. We aint making move like Dabo hiring Venables away from OU....
Still haven’t seen anything reliable that tells me the taking to Steele thing was for real

it says assuming manny takes over playcalling which at this point is all but common knowledge

so i'm saying they aren't better than diaz. Actually, they aren't even close to as good as diaz
You think Diaz is better than Steele? LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back