Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Glad to see Manny is approaching the DC search like cornerback recruiting. Have one target and a sack of crap in your hands if they choose otherwise.
Well, I think it's obvious he was our first choice, but no one knows for sure if we have any back-up plans.

What am I missing? Why is this not good for Miami?
The unsaid name was apparently Charlie Strong as DC. I'm guessing but he seems like the guy people here think Manny was targeting. With Urban close to taking the Jags job Strong is now off the table because he's expected to be on Urban's staff.

Advertisement
The unsaid name was apparently Charlie Strong as DC. I'm guessing but he seems like the guy people here think Manny was targeting. With Urban close to taking the Jags job Strong is now off the table because he's expected to be on Urban's staff.
Okay, well Charlie Strong is washed, so I don't see how that is bad for us.

Advertisement
Will Muschamp

im not a fan of strong and champ wasn't special at AU as a DC. idk I think there a names out there where we don't have to dive into the retread pool. either way, jags hiring urban is pretty dumb tbh. they have everything set to be great and hire a first time HC that hasn't coached in years (let alone ever coached in the NFL).

Will Muschamp
Muschamp has never worked with Meyer and is a Saban guy so that would interesting for Meyer to hire him. I see the connection with T-Rob here but Muschamp turned down the Texas job. Was he really a viable candidate?

Advertisement
Muschamp has never worked with Meyer and is a Saban guy so that would interesting for Meyer to hire him. I see the connection with T-Rob here but Muschamp turned down the Texas job. Was he really a viable candidate?
Muschamp is supposedly who we were waiting on and who is rumored to go with Urban as DC

Advertisement
Urban must not have a long memory because Muschamp has taken shots at Meyer in the past
Maybe I was reading into it wrong. That was just my understanding on why he hadn’t accepted the UGA analyst spot and possibly why we were kind of waiting around.

Advertisement
Back