Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Maybe I was reading into it wrong. That was just my understanding on why he hadn’t accepted the UGA analyst spot and possibly why we were kind of waiting around.

I would think he'd take strong with him or maybe someone from the OSU staff that he put together.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's washed as a HC but I can see him succeeding as a DC and recruiter that we need badly.

Serious question. Show me an example of a coach that has been fired from 2 high profile jobs and then went on to be a successful college coordinator.
I’m not sure I love Strong or Muschamp. I’m afraid they are both defeated and washed up.

Serious question. Show me an example of a coach that has been fired from 2 high profile jobs and then went on to be a successful college coordinator.
I’m not sure I love Strong or Muschamp. I’m afraid they are both defeated and washed up.
Lane Kiffin (Raiders and USC) is the one who comes to mind immediately

Hold on - pulling up Alabama’s list of former head coaches on staff 😂😂

Advertisement
Of course. But that's still not what I said.

There are a bunch of porsters who have never gone to UM who go on at great length about how our President, BOT, Athletic Department, and Hurricane Club operate. It's comical.

And there are also a bunch of porsters who tell us how the "solution" to all of UM's problems is simply to stop all payments (charitable and otherwise) to UM until the university heeds our hiring/firing recommendations, and that if you "continue to contribute", then you are enabling the ongoing problem.

Being a UM alum doesn't make me a "bigger" fan. It simply makes me a lifelong fan, whose allegiance will not wane if we lose games.
and there's plenty of fans you didn't attend UM and will not wane...win, lose or draw

I didn't attend UM... but I've been to Coral Gables and the campus many times...I love the culture and I ain't going anywhere

So if I am understanding right Manny is waiting on Muschamp? And if Muschamp don't come then we just keep Baker? That seems odd. Hey Blake we are going to get rid of you if Muschamp wants to come, if not then I guess we will keep you?

So if I am understanding right Manny is waiting on Muschamp? And if Muschamp don't come then we just keep Baker? That seems odd. Hey Blake we are going to get rid of you if Muschamp wants to come, if not then I guess we will keep you?
I mean he’s had over a week to clear the air on Baker if he was gonna keep him. Instead he’s just letting it drag on

He’s definitely waiting on someone

If I'm Urban and this is my first foray into the NFL, I'm absolutely looking for successful NFL guys. I mean he's not gonna get the Bienemys or the Saleh but he could definitely shoot for dudes that have had some success co-ordinating.

He should also just avoid Gregg Williams.

Blake Baker would be a good fit if I'm being honest. He's young, decent health and can read. Perfect match really

Advertisement
Back