Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
I'm keeping an open mind to see what all the pieces are and what it seems like the plan will be on defense. Until that is all made public, you cannot do anything else. It seems like Manny has already tweaked the normal coaching structure if he has made DVD some kind of Asst CB coach in order to keep him and get him off field coaching privileges.

There's no way Manny doesn't know the level of frustration and animosity the fan base has for Baker. Whatever he plans to do will likely come out in a way that diminishes Baker as the center of attention.. I'm not necessarily saying he fires Baker but maybe he surrounds him with better coaches. So far he has already hired one: TRob. As some of you have already said, it wouldn't surprise me if Manny takes back play calling although I'm not as certain he ever says that publicly.

There's no point in rushing these decisions; I'd rather he take some time and get it right. Staff turnover every year is NOT a good thing unless your staff is so great they get hired away....

For all we know, Lashlee, Likens and Justice have given him some suggestions.....maybe even reached out to people. They all have relationships from previous positions...

Just let it play out..

Advertisement
I'm keeping an open mind to see what all the pieces are and what it seems like the plan will be on defense. Until that is all made public, you cannot do anything else. It seems like Manny has already tweaked the normal coaching structure if he has made DVD some kind of Asst CB coach in order to keep him and get him off field coaching privileges.

There's no way Manny doesn't know the level of frustration and animosity the fan base has for Baker. Whatever he plans to do will likely come out in a way that diminishes Baker as the center of attention.. I'm not necessarily saying he fires Baker but maybe he surrounds him with better coaches. So far he has already hired one: TRob. As some of you have already said, it wouldn't surprise me if Manny takes back play calling although I'm not as certain he ever says that publicly.

There's no point in rushing these decisions; I'd rather he take some time and get it right. Staff turnover every year is NOT a good thing unless your staff is so great they get hired away....

For all we know, Lashlee, Likens and Justice have given him some suggestions.....maybe even reached out to people. They all have relationships from previous positions...

Just let it play out..

Manny cant be dumb enough to think keeping baker around will satisfy the fanbase. he knows he needs to hire a DC who can competently call plays and game plan without him having to step in. he cant be a baby sitter anymore if he wants to succeed. if the worst case scenario plan is to keep baker but strip play calling, then Manny is better off formally firing him and publicly announce hes the DC

No.

TRob gonna have to be like our Fran Brown when he was at Baylor and basically recruit every position and school down here.
Eh, Simpson did alright his first time around here. Pretty much everyone who will take snaps on the line next year outside of Nesta and Chantz was recruited by him. I understand those guys haven’t proven it on the field yet but most of them were pretty highly regarded recruits.

Advertisement
Welp clearly no proven DCs wants to come here under Diaz. If they reallly went after Steele and dude prefers to be a position coach under Pruitt than DC at Miami, the writing is on the wall. We aint making move like Dabo hiring Venables away from OU....
I doubt anyone was ever offered DC, Diaz not giving that up, Baker just a figure head, not sure he really has control,
Just my opinion.

I am going to chose patience. I keep hearing Manny has things on lock down so I'm going to let him work before I get ready to burn down the Hecht.

I just keep telling myself no way T-Rob would come here and work for Baker and no way Manny would let the guy who gave up school recordS on D come back.
I believe Manny knows the 2020 D staph is in no way prepared for the machine we face next year. He HAS to get this D up to 2021 standards. I really hope he gets this thing right.

I'd like to believe that Manuelita "offseason king" Diaz is just trying to secure a replacement before letting Baker go.

Advertisement
I believe Manny knows the 2020 D staph is in no way prepared for the machine we face next year. He HAS to get this D up to 2021 standards. I really hope he gets this thing right.

he has to. w all his roster and coaching moves, he seems self aware of the issues. as cribby said, he sees a problem and tries to fix it. there is no way he can go into 2021 with him as a DC and baker on staff eating money.

Advertisement
If I had to speculate, I think they throw a bunch of money at Charlie Strong. I believe some of our BOT think really highly of him since he whipped us at Louisville that one bowl game a few years ago.

If they were keeping Blake, Manny would have said so IMO. As a manager, you throw your support behind your soldiers...you don’t let rumors like this linger.

The fact that he is letting it linger tells me one of two things...either manny is a ****** manager, or he’s trying to move on to hire someone else

Advertisement
Back