Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

I’d be happy with Simpson. I’ll keep saying it.. he could be our defensive coordinator and would do well.

The experience isn’t there. Had he not been making G5 assistant coach money coaching in GA HS football, he would have kicked off his college coaching career much sooner and already been a P5 DC.

Our DL had its best years against the run and pass under him including better than Kul. He solved our run D woes.
Is Simpson able to keep our DLine recruitment up?

Advertisement
That is vague as ****. Better to have not posted at all. Traitor Irvin not even connected to the U anymore.

Advertisement
I don't understand how it takes this long to make a decision. It only makes sense if Blake and Patke stay...that likely means they were never leaving and it was just message board rumors.

If Manny moves on from either then that is incredibly poor management. How do you have rumors out for weeks and just let all of it fester? This is toxic and just downright embarrassing.

Do I think Manny is a bad coach? Yes. Do I think he's that idiotic? Not really. For that reason, I think it's very clear Blake and Patke stay.

it doesn't take this long if the dudes say yes? maybe others are waiting on openings to see what HC jobs are out there? we don't know and no one has real info other than Tim Reynolds who dropped a nugget that was vague and cribby among a few others

Advertisement
I'm just going to be honest here.

What makes Ivins SAY (not just "believe") that "Baker & Patke are more and more likely to be staying"?

Is Manny calling them both each day saying "Today, you are up to a 25% chance of staying"?

Ivins is guessing, based on the same impatient UM fan nonsense of "Well, Baker and Patke are still employed as of today".

Again, I'm not saying they WILL be fired or that they WON'T be fired. But let's not pretend that ANY "likelihood" has changed. "Per what he's hearing".
He said that based on him speaking to his “sauce” on Friday and then speaking to that “sauce” again on Monday and nothing had changed.

Also said that Manny doesn’t really want to change his scheme so there goes that.

Like @JayCane20, maybe Jess gets hired as CO-DC and DL, Patke stays at ST & Blake at LB.

Hoping this changes for the better.

He said that based on him speaking to his “sauce” on Friday and then speaking to that “sauce” again on Monday and nothing had changed.

Also said that Manny doesn’t really want to change his scheme so there goes that.

Like @JayCane20, maybe Jess gets hired as CO-DC and DL, Patke stays at ST & Blake at LB.

Hoping this changes for the better.
I don’t think Jess would be a co-dc here

Advertisement
I’d be happy with Simpson. I’ll keep saying it.. he could be our defensive coordinator and would do well.

The experience isn’t there. Had he not been making G5 assistant coach money coaching in GA HS football, he would have kicked off his college coaching career much sooner and already been a P5 DC.

Our DL had its best years against the run and pass under him including better than Kul. He solved our run D woes.
I know you’re more plugged in than me, but LOL if you think Manny is bringing in Simpson to run his own D and call plays. If Patke and Baker stay that’s all we need to know. Overall, this is fine with me because we’ll be looking for a head coach around this time next year. Also, if this is how the situation plays out, I don’t ever want to hear that Manny is determined to succeed here because that is a flat out lie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back