Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Oh so now he’s keeping his lackey. This clown will never learn. His defense is trash. He needs to fire Baker and relinquish any defensive duties to a new DC because his scheme is garbage. Any offense with a pulse is kicking our ***.

I would be ok if Manny let go of Baker and run the defense himself but also hire the best LB coach he can find you would still be one staff member short but you would pay top dollar for an elite recruiter/lb coach

Ferman also said Rambo had no interest. It seems like that was the line coming from Hecht and Rambo himself. All done down low...

which is fine. idc if the staff tells anyone as long as they get the deed done. how many people had T-rob being announced before it did?

Advertisement
Why is that Patke and Baker, both dudes with ties to Manny get to stay? But other coaches were not retained. THE WHOLE UNIT SUCKED. Sounds like nepotism to me
I been telling you clucks for a long time that like kind and relationships are the reasons most coaches get jobs. All the brothers that play and coach rarely get coordinator jobs. They all up in Black living rooms trying to convince you to play for their school, but when it's time to hire Black Coordinators they don't love us as much.

I’d be happy with Simpson. I’ll keep saying it.. he could be our defensive coordinator and would do well.

The experience isn’t there. Had he not been making G5 assistant coach money coaching in GA HS football, he would have kicked off his college coaching career much sooner and already been a P5 DC.

Our DL had its best years against the run and pass under him including better than Kul. He solved our run D woes.

He will be a DL coach .. not DC .. maybe Co DC and Baker just coaches LB's .. with Manny actually calling plays on game day.

By keeping Baker, Manny is slicing away any margin for error. If he doesn't win 10 games this year and the Coastal, everyone will say it's because he didn't fire his buddy. Not saying Baker won't get fired, but Manny could be unnecessarily painting himself in a corner. Baker is ineffective to say the least and the optics are completely against him. If Diaz keeps Baker, he will have to win and in a huge-step-forward kind of way or he will be in front of the firing squad. Even if he decides to do it anyway, I truly hope he understands that this the reality of his situation, fair or unfair.

Advertisement
By keeping Baker, Manny is slicing away any margin for error. If he doesn't win 10 games this year and the Coastal, everyone will say it's because he didn't fire his buddy. Not saying Baker won't get fired, but Manny could be unnecessarily painting himself in a corner. Baker is ineffective to say the least and the optics are completely against him. If Diaz keeps Baker, he will have to win and in a huge-step-forward kind of way or he will be in front of the firing squad. Even if he decides to do it anyway, I truly hope he understands that this the reality of his situation, fair or unfair.

if he doesn't get rid of baker and has to take over the defensive duties, its a big waste of money.

Jess doesn't need to be the recruiter that Stroud was. If the team wins and the DL performs, he has enough personality to land those that we want/need. We've recruited well on the DL even in our lean years. We need a guy who will train our guys well and will help with the run game.

Advertisement
Ferman also said Rambo had no interest. It seems like that was the line coming from Hecht and Rambo himself. All done down low...
Manny runs a much tighter ship than any of the previous administrations. I listened to the 247 pod, Ivins is literally saying, “the name I keep hearing is Jess Simpson”. He’s not saying anything of substance, because he has no substance.

Advertisement
Manny runs a much tighter ship than any of the previous administrations. I listened to the 247 pod, Ivins is literally saying, “the name I keep hearing is Jess Simpson”. He’s not saying anything of substance, because he has no substance.

Esto. In fact, during the OC search last year, Manny actually put out disinformation to see who was leaking.

I am going to chose patience. I keep hearing Manny has things on lock down so I'm going to let him work before I get ready to burn down the Hecht.

I just keep telling myself no way T-Rob would come here and work for Baker and no way Manny would let the guy who gave up school recordS on D come back.

Advertisement
Back