Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Per Ivins - Jess Simpson a real possibility at DL. Baker and Patke more & more likely to be staying per what he’s hearing.

I know it’s been alluded here by insiders as well as that being a possibility.

I'm just going to be honest here.

What makes Ivins SAY (not just "believe") that "Baker & Patke are more and more likely to be staying"?

Is Manny calling them both each day saying "Today, you are up to a 25% chance of staying"?

Ivins is guessing, based on the same impatient UM fan nonsense of "Well, Baker and Patke are still employed as of today".

Again, I'm not saying they WILL be fired or that they WON'T be fired. But let's not pretend that ANY "likelihood" has changed. "Per what he's hearing".

I don't understand how it takes this long to make a decision. It only makes sense if Blake and Patke stay...that likely means they were never leaving and it was just message board rumors.

If Manny moves on from either then that is incredibly poor management. How do you have rumors out for weeks and just let all of it fester? This is toxic and just downright embarrassing.

Do I think Manny is a bad coach? Yes. Do I think he's that idiotic? Not really. For that reason, I think it's very clear Blake and Patke stay.

Welp clearly no proven DCs wants to come here under Diaz. If they reallly went after Steele and dude prefers to be a position coach under Pruitt than DC at Miami, the writing is on the wall. We aint making move like Dabo hiring Venables away from OU....

Clearly. Obviously. Undoubtedly. Because the passage of time. And the lack of firings. And what sports gossip writers say.

Look, it's time to be honest. "Proven DCs" get head coaching jobs. Who wants to be a "proven DC" forever?

Advertisement
Welp clearly no proven DCs wants to come here under Diaz. If they reallly went after Steele and dude prefers to be a position coach under Pruitt than DC at Miami, the writing is on the wall. We aint making move like Dabo hiring Venables away from OU....
That would make sense if … Steele said he wanted to take a year off from coaching, but he got a job, in the SEC, that could lead to the top job. Doesn’t exactly seem like Manny’s fault.

I don't understand how it takes this long to make a decision. It only makes sense if Blake and Patke stay...that likely means they were never leaving and it was just message board rumors.

If Manny moves on from either then that is incredibly poor management. How do you have rumors out for weeks and just let all of it fester? This is toxic and just downright embarrassing.

Do I think Manny is a bad coach? Yes. Do I think he's that idiotic? Not really. For that reason, I think it's very clear Blake and Patke stay.

It's interesting that Manny is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't, at least the way you define it.

I’d be happy with Simpson. I’ll keep saying it.. he could be our defensive coordinator and would do well.

The experience isn’t there. Had he not been making G5 assistant coach money coaching in GA HS football, he would have kicked off his college coaching career much sooner and already been a P5 DC.

Our DL had its best years against the run and pass under him including better than Kul. He solved our run D woes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leaving The Office GIF

Advertisement
Back