Update on transfer QBs

View as article
I'd rather roll with Martell than Hurts. Hurts was the incumbent and he couldn't beat out true freshman Tua. Also, the kid may be a great leader but he can't throw the football and he won't have the best offensive line in college football in front of him. He reminds me of a Bob Griese, good player but is surrounded by great talent that makes him look much better than he really is. I'll take my chances with Cade, Perry, and especially Williams. Adding Martell would create a lot of excitement and competition. Don't believe Hurts is coming and not concerned at all. Remember, all three of our present QB's had lousy coaching the past few years and that will change shortly. GO CANES
He did beat out Tua. When Tua was a freshmen.

Tua was going to transfer out if he wasn't named the starter for this past season. Which would've meant Bama would've been out 2 QB's because the real treasure bama is after. Is Taulia. Tua little brother and he would've never committed to bama. If big brother transferred.

Remember. Tua had to bail Hurts and Bama out his freshman season. Hurts returned the favor. This year by coming in and beating UGA.

Advertisement
Gotcha. I was agreeing with you. Lol. Do you put Perry is same place?
I mean it was Nkosi 2nd year so kinda different. He had issues off the field both seasons. Haha But i'm willing to give him a chance in this system. Compete and let the best man win.

it has nothing to do with Kyler. he was ALWAYS gone. its the first thing you said along with no other legit QB on the roster (currently) tho i think Rattler will take his lunch when he arrives.
I understand and knew Kyler was gone. I was just adding all the circumstances up. That's all. Don't know much about Rattler but people talk highly of him.

Advertisement
I have no idea if either is coming to Miami, but it seems Martel is most likely. Regardless we are always one injury away from a different quarterback. I don’t know if JW is ready but he’s got a **** of an opportunity with Enos as his coach if he stands up & leads. I hope he’s reading these comments.
JW BE READY

I understand and knew Kyler was gone. I was just adding all the circumstances up. That's all. Don't know much about Rattler but people talk highly of him.

he's the best HS Qb in the country. riley promised him no transfers

Advertisement
I would love to have both. Even if they both have their faults. Hurts would be an immediate upgrade at the position in terms of leadership, experience and maturity. Plus, he'd already know a majority of the offense or at least a majority of the verbage having played for Enos last year. While I was never super impressed with Hurts at Alabama, he looked significantly better under Enos' tuteledge last season and even a so/so Jalen Hurts has proven more than all the other QBs on the roster combined. At the least, he'd be a stable option who wouldn't kill us with turnovers like last year's QBs did. Jalen Hurts probably isn't winning a Heisman here but we'd be a lock for the Coastal division and 10-11 wins.

Martell looks to be a bit more of an athlete than a QB and isn't a sure thing either. However, you can't deny his explosiveness or big play ability. At the very least, it can only help to have one more talented QB on the roster. Stacking chips is the term, I believe?

This is why I told people not to panic about not signing a QB this year. There's always going to be guys on the transfer market who can play if you need one. Everyone is scared that one of our guys is going to transfer out but nobody thinks that anybody is going to transfer in.

If Martel isn’t eligible this year, he might find himself backing up Jarren next season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My prediction. Hurts chooses OU and loses the job half way through the season to Rattler. Martell chooses the canes. Doesn't receive his waiver and has to sit in 2019. Jarren leads us to the ACC championship where the canes fall short due to a last min Lawrence td. Canes dominate in a New Years 6 bowl against an $EC team. In 2020 Martell transfers to Nebraska where He leads the Cornhuskers to a Big Ten Championship win over Buckeyes. Plays the Canes in the Naty and loses a shootout against Heisman Trophy winner Jarren Williams as the Canes win their 6th National Championship. The End
Where can I get a hit of that **** your smoking.😁

Martell saw the field playing behind Haskins. Williams didn't see the field behind Perry and Rosier. Haskins is going to be a top 5 pick and the 1st QB off the board in the NFL DRAFT.

What am I missing from the people that do not want Martell here?
That Mark Richt royally fvcked the development of Jarren Williams up last season. You said it best, martell found time behind a top 5 pick meanwhile Williams couldn’t play over malik and Perry ?

Last edited:
Martell saw the field playing behind Haskins. Williams didn't see the field behind Perry and Rosier. Haskins is going to be a top 5 pick and the 1st QB off the board in the NFL DRAFT.

What am I missing from the people that do not want Martell here?
Ill take him but he looks 5'10 and has a weird funky throwing motion, looks very accurate but his arm doesnt look elite

Another plus for Martell is the bloodlines. Aside from the lockout season, Martell's father, Eddie Martell, was a badass QB for Washington Sentinels
View attachment 76579

And don't forget he's got Dornish blood like his late uncle Oberyn Martell.
Hopefully, like his late uncle Oberyn he's cat quick, agile, accurate and intelligent.
Hopefully, unlike his late uncle Oberyn, he's learned that being too arrogant can be a career (or in his uncle's case, life) ender.

*pours out liquor*

oberyn.jpg

Advertisement
Back