Update on numbers and transfers post-signing day

How can they have 2 spots left if they can only sing 25 player per cycle.? And they already have 17 HS and 8 transfers. Do they make 2 transfers wait until fall? Or is someone getting kicked out?

Advertisement
What I’m confused about is the “heavy interest is coming from the player(Braun) due to Miami’s depth chart” but haven’t gotten him on campus yet. Doesn’t make sense unless that wasn’t meant to say that.
He’s probably waiting til spring break like his father said so he doesn’t miss classes.

Advertisement
If you read the predictions article from yesterday, I referenced how I was told from a program source that UM was operating from the standpoint that they have 4 spots available in this class coming into today. 2 of those were being saved for a transfer DE and a transfer OL, while the other 2 were for high school recruits in the 2019 class.

Today, the Canes added 2019 CB Christian Williams and Virginia Tech grad transfer DE Trevon Hill, so UM is still looking to add 2 more players. As of now, the only 2 players I’m aware Miami is chasing after are transfers from the portal: UCLA DE transfer Jaelan Phillips and Georgia Tech OL grad transfer Parker Braun.

With Phillips, I picked him to Miami last week and I’m told it’s nearing towards a done deal. The original plan with Phillips was to hold off on enrolling him until the fall to count him towards the 2020 numbers since he has to sit out the 2019 season regardless and instead use the spot on someone that could be eligible next year (a high schooler or a grad transfer). It’s unclear if that plan has changed since UM did not land a second high school recruit today and UM now has an extra spot to give.

On Braun, I’m hearing there’s heavy interest coming from the player side due to Miami’s wide open depth chart on the OL. I’m told Miami is very confident in their chances to land Braun and are working him hard to get him on campus for a visit. The Florida Gators are thought to be another prominent contender, along with Texas and Ohio State.

Is the 4 spots because of counters?

Because I got us at 81 overall, including the 4 walk-ons

Hopefully they expand that OL board, in case Braun goes elsewhere.

Norelco is Philips. However keep an eye on a 2020 kid named Remington.
There’s a kid named Gillette we’re looking at for FS as well. Plays for Edison though so Luke is probably going to send him to play for Lockette.

The fact that so many posters don't look up the basic and extremely easy to understand Initial Counter rules is crazy.

I guess some people are OK with looking stupid? I'm not trying to be mean but come on guys...

Advertisement
Braun is that line captain we need. Wonder if he plays C as well.
Phillips to me was always going to contribute in 2020. Get in our S.C. next year and get healthy. We loose Hill and possibly Garvin with a big year.
Phillips then competes with Harvey and Williams for starting position in 2020.

Confused as to how the staff can be very confident in Braun but are having a hard time getting him on campus for a visit. UF has already done so. It seems rather obvious (to me anyways) we are trailing.

I hope we go after the kid @Zbrod95 was talking about from Missouri and aren't putting all our eggs in the Braun basket.
So you're saying that the first official visit a recruit takes is the one that is leading? Why does it matter if he hasnt visited us yet, there is a lot of things that needs to happen to set that up and has nothing to do with interest (ex. Recruit has to be free the whole weekend, class).

If he is interested he is going to visit prior to signing and whether we are his next visit or last it does not matter

The original plan with Phillips was to hold off on enrolling him until the fall to count him towards the 2020 numbers since he has to sit out the 2019 season

they would actually have to hold off on enrolling him until Spring 2020. If he enrolls in the fall of 2019 on scholarship, he'd still count towards our 2019 numbers.

Advertisement
they would actually have to hold off on enrolling him until Spring 2020. If he enrolls in the fall of 2019 on scholarship, he'd still count towards our 2019 numbers.

Blueshirts (which is what JP would be) enroll in the Fall and then count towards the next class.

I'm guessing Manny is well-versed in the signing rules, so why worry

Confused as to how the staff can be very confident in Braun but are having a hard time getting him on campus for a visit. UF has already done so. It seems rather obvious (to me anyways) we are trailing.

I hope we go after the kid @Zbrod95 was talking about from Missouri and aren't putting all our eggs in the Braun basket.
He was in the area/on campus. For 2 losses in 2015 and 2017.

Advertisement
So you're saying that the first official visit a recruit takes is the one that is leading? Why does it matter if he hasnt visited us yet, there is a lot of things that needs to happen to set that up and has nothing to do with interest (ex. Recruit has to be free the whole weekend, class).

If he is interested he is going to visit prior to signing and whether we are his next visit or last it does not matter

I guess I'm confused as to what has happened that makes Miami feel like they are in a good place. "Working him hard" to get him on campus for a visit doesn't sound like a positive to me. Maybe its just poorly worded?

Advertisement
Back