Update on numbers and transfers post-signing day

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah but now its pretty simple to update.

this is really well done.

clay james is an initial counter.

since two of our initial counters in 2019 can count towards 2018, then our 2020 initial counter availability at the moment would be 27(you have it at 26, but if you add clay james you get to 25, then account for the 2 IC's that count towards 2018, you get the 27). that will change if we end up signing two more kids between now and the fall.

Advertisement
Other teams are acting like its some sort of a bad thing we getting players from the portal almost as if it doesnt count. * YOU STILL GOTTA PLAY THEM. YOU STILL GOTTA BLOCK THEM YOU STILL GOTTA TACKLE AND COVER THEM. HOW THEY NOT COUNT??? THEY GON TAKE THE FIELD OR NAH? THEY GON PLAY OR NAH?? LMFAOOOO
It's college free agency and Manny is getting the most out of it. NFL fans don't care that some of their best players were obtained thru free agency. Neither do I.

The Portal has changed the dynamic. So much hype is given to recruiting rankings. They matter only if the guys stick with your school. What matters most is who's on your roster that can contribute each year. I think there needs to be a new metric that evaluates the roster after NSD and after all transfers have taken place in a given season.

Clearly our transfers have added huge roster value that is NOT quantified by the recruiting rankings. One of the downsides it that you may only have a player for a year and unless you fill that spot with another transfer in the following year, there will be a hole left behind because the number of young players being developed will decrease.

I look at the Portal as a stop gap measure for 2019 and to fill a few roster needs moving forward. However, we'll need strong recruiting classes moving forward because it's not possible to have a roster full of "one-and-dones" like college basketball since there are simply too many positions to fill and you don't know who will available in the Portal.

this is really well done.

clay james is an initial counter.

since two of our initial counters in 2019 can count towards 2018, then our 2020 initial counter availability at the moment would be 27(you have it at 26, but if you add clay james you get to 25, then account for the 2 IC's that count towards 2018, you get the 27). that will change if we end up signing two more kids between now and the fall.
Thanks.

I don't think he is. The NCAA changed the rule this year to if a player is on campus for one year then awarded a scholarship, he does not count as an initial counter. It used to be he had to be on campus for two years.

At least I'm pretty sure that was the rule change, I could be wrong.

But Diaz is saying 2 spots left as of right now, so whether James is an IC or not, I think it just means if we use those 2 spots we'll have a full 25 ics for the 2019 class, and if not, we'll have 2 open spots to back count in the 2020 class. So regardless we are limited to 25-27 for the 2020 class. However we would need like 10 players to leave through attrition to even reach that number because for like the 10th year in a row, we have barely any seniors......

(btw that 2020 recruiting part on the right was kinda just me messing around. I assume we'll get another transfer or two, and we'll be limited to 25 or more likely less int he 2020 class.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I don't think he is. The NCAA changed the rule this year to if a player is on campus for one year then awarded a scholarship, he does not count as an initial counter. It used to be he had to be on campus for two years.

At least I'm pretty sure that was the rule change, I could be wrong.

But Diaz is saying 2 spots left as of right now, so whether James is an IC or not, I think it just means if we use those 2 spots we'll have a full 25 ics for the 2019 class, and if not, we'll have 2 open spots to back count in the 2020 class. So regardless we are limited to 25-27 for the 2020 class. However we would need like 10 players to leave through attrition to even reach that number because for like the 10th year in a row, we have barely any seniors......

(btw that 2020 recruiting part on the right was kinda just me messing around. I assume we'll get another transfer or two, and we'll be limited to 25 or more likely less int he 2020 class.

no, youre definitely right about it being one year now. but even with that, im not sure clay james had been on campus for a full year yet.

and with transfers and guys leaving early, i wont be surprised to see 10 more spots open up in time for fall 2020

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back