Update on Kameron McKnight

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I know alot of us were like who? well, i did some research. He has an Notre Dame offer and was going to be considered a top 10 recruit in the state of Louisiana for 2015. He would likely have gotten an offer for 2015 from LSU, however, the reclassification was unexpected and they are most likely not going to add another rb in 2014. Apparently, he was going to be a very highly regarded 2015 player with alot of bigger offers. If he signs with us, AG might have been ahead of the curve and gotten a steal.

Advertisement
I know alot of us were like who? well, i did some research. He has an Notre Dame offer and was going to be considered a top 10 recruit in the state of Louisiana for 2015. He would likely have gotten an offer for 2015 from LSU, however, the reclassification was unexpected and they are most likely not going to add another rb in 2014. Apparently, he was going to be a very highly regarded 2015 player with alot of bigger offers. If he signs with us, AG might have been ahead of the curve and gotten a steal.

so this kid being behind the curve means AG was ahead of the curve…? huh..

so this kid being behind the curve means AG was ahead of the curve…? huh..

No, the point was alot of schools apparently had interest but thought he was going to be a 2015 kid. we were first to offer as soon as he got reclassified and he will visit before signing day. His ND offer was from early 2013.

If the other schools really thought that highly of him they'd take him now. If Jacques Patrick got reclassified to 2014 do you think teams would find room for him?

LSU is not likely to offer another running back since Fournette committed. They have him and williams who is a 4 star. not sure about other schools.

Advertisement
Kid looks like the real deal based on his 2012 highlights - easy 4* film. I can totally buy the story about him being a future top recruit.

You can't have preconceived notions about a recruit based on their offer list or database ranking. You have to watch the film.

I think he is a better fit for the 2014 class then Powell mainly because we could have a big and small back. Yearby and Powell were basically the same size and serve the same purpose. But I am a little bias because I'm from Louisiana and I love the Louisiana players going to Miami.

Well Lets have a CIS story about the young man, things have been to quite about him considering UM is his best offer. Apparently he went to southern Miss this weekend and will visit UM on Jan31st then make a decision.

www.clarionledger.com|Big-weekend-Southern-Miss

Uncommitted running back Kameron McKnight visits Southern Miss today as well. McKnight (6-foot-2, 220 pounds) is a three-star prospect out of East Feliciana High in Jackson, La., who holds multiple offers.

“They’ve been telling me about last year, when they had five running backs,” he said. “All of them had a chance to get the ball, so that’s on my mind, too. And now that they’ve lost three, it should be better.”

McKnight said he plans to visit Louisiana-Monroe on Jan. 24 and Miami on Jan. 31, and he anticipates making a decision after his last visit.

“Everybody’s equal (right now),” he said.

This sad when a recruit says that UM is equal with Southern Miss and LA-Monroe, but at this point we need keep build momentum an right the ship by getting back to playing for Championships.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait, what? The tough guys on this message board said this guy wasn't good and they are pro level scouts. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Advertisement

u gotta post a ling of I call bull**** on this one. kid is a low level 3* in 2014 while be older than his peers and he would have been a top 10 porspect in the state in 2015? I find that very hard to believe. sounds a lot like Brisly Estime, wasn't he an older kid playing with a bunch of younger kids?

If this kid is as good as OP claims then I'm sure bigger programs than Southern Miss and La Tech would be coming after him.

**** the offer list. What about that his tape says he can't play? Anybody have any valid reasons other than what schools he is visiting?

Advertisement
**** the offer list. What about that his tape says he can't play? Anybody have any valid reasons other than what schools he is visiting?

I think the main concerns at RB are speed (ran a 4.69 at LSU camp in spring), upright running style and similarity to Gus Edwards. Competition on highlights generally looked poor and he looked like he lacks a burst (so I can understand those that didn't love his highlights). I still like him though. Presume staff wants him at RB, but looks like he could be a great linebacker IMO.

Last edited:
crossover22[]_[];1792870 said:
Doesn't have Bamako offer. Means our fans don't want him

or it could be that he looks like a poor man's Gus, why waste a scholly on the worst version of a player we already have. add to the fact that he's older than most of the people he's playing against is a pass

Advertisement
Back