Update from a poster on itu

Advertisement
I don't think we can afford to wait until after bowl season to make a hire. Like Shaq Q's dad has said on here multiple times, the dead period is around the corner and some Early Enrollees are in a state of disarray as they don't know who they are committing to.

Rumors floating around that Richt may be named AD at Georgia

I was listening to local Atlanta radio and I've been hearing that the UGA president wants to retain Richt in some capacity where he still has involvement with the program, so this wouldn't shock me one bit.

Advertisement
Rumors floating around that Richt may be named AD at Georgia

I've read about him staying on in some capacity. (Is their AD stepping down? Haven't heard that.)

They are saying they would offer him an assistant AD position.

Georgia loves Richt and this is a saving face move.

Richt has options... Only one includes keeping a pay check coming in like he is used to and coaching his Alma Mater as well.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if richt is even interested. He looks burnt out on it right now to be honest. He would be best served a year or two out of it and then maybe reevaluate if he wants to continue coaching or not.

Getting a chance to coach your Alma Mater is re-motivation.

[MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports: Richt, asked what he thinks will happen next: "I'm going to listen to anyone who has interest in me."

@RadiNabulsi: Mark Richt will listen to job offers. He just moved to the top of 6-7 hot boards ...

Sounds like he wants Miami...

It sounds like he still has a lot of fire to coach... It's on SEC network

He may have just went from a situation in which he was comfortable to embarrassed and ****ed off.

The administration and athletic department would not be doing their job if they didn't at least kick the tires on Richt. See what he has to say. Gather all the information. And then make an informed choice.

Advertisement
I like Mark Richt, but he just doesn't seem like a great fit at Miami.

We've gone the good guy route and it burned us. Let's start "dating" ******** again.

except this good guy can win 9+ games after losing 2 heisman-caliber running backs to injury in consecutive years.

[MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports: Richt, asked what he thinks will happen next: "I'm going to listen to anyone who has interest in me."

@RadiNabulsi: Mark Richt will listen to job offers. He just moved to the top of 6-7 hot boards ...

Sounds like he wants Miami...

It sounds like he still has a lot of fire to coach... It's on SEC network

He may have just went from a situation in which he was comfortable to embarrassed and ****ed off.

Yea, he said " I'm going to coach again" so he isn't done yet, and he kept bringing up reference to " next time" we would be dumb not to interview him, if Miami is where he wants to be

Advertisement
Back