Update from a poster on itu

brock

All-American
Tifwiw

veniceCane 269 posts 2 hours ago via Mobile
As posted before the MR firing has thrown a monkey wrench into those that want BD. They will sit and talk with MR before anything is done. He does have all the ties to THE U and would be a mistake to not hear him out. TIFWIW.
This is what I heard 16 hours ago. Read last line.
veniceCane 267 posts 16 hours ago Premium Post
IMAIM, you have said more than I was allowed to and kudos to you. From what I have gathered is that the possible reason for the delay in answering is the assistants can not be contacted or announced until the end of season and Championship games. need to TIFWIW. Some of them are still negotiating. Be patient as hopefully with the MR firing today it does not delay even more.

This posters son is friends with one of the players on the team

Last edited:
Advertisement
So if Richt still coaches bowl game can they talk to him before bowl game or do they have to wait?

We have Davis in our back pocket. I see nothing wrong with chatting with Richt. I don't think he's a difference maker, though...But nothing wrong with chatting with a high quality coach. He is a solid coach even though he's never won a championship.

As a Cane alumnus, I wish Richt the best of luck however it turns out for him....

As posted before the MR firing has thrown a monkey wrench into those that want BD. They will sit and talk with MR before anything is done. He does have all the ties to THE U and would be a mistake to not hear him out. TIFWIW.
IMAIM, you have said more than I was allowed to and kudos to you. From what I have gathered is that the possible reason for the delay in answering is the assistants can not be contacted or announced until the end of season and Championship games. need to TIFWIW. Some of them are still negotiating. Be patient as hopefully with the MR firing today it does not delay even more.

Advertisement
I would be surprised if richt is even interested. He looks burnt out on it right now to be honest. He would be best served a year or two out of it and then maybe reevaluate if he wants to continue coaching or not.

same guy claimed golden was fired last year. he son was friends with gauthier and the recruits were notified about a change.

Advertisement

same guy claimed golden was fired last year. he son was friends with gauthier and the recruits were notified about a change.

Nah he claimed golden was fired on the 25th when they had that meeting

It's pretty idiotic to think that just because he knows a player on the team that he knows something. He was also saying a few days ago that the players got together for a team meeting to announce Butch as the HC. I've seen where a ton of the players went back home right after they got back from Pitt.

It's pretty idiotic to think that just because he knows a player on the team that he knows something. He was also saying a few days ago that the players got together for a team meeting to announce Butch as the HC. I've seen where a ton of the players went back home right after they got back from Pitt.

I'm just posting what he said man that's it

Nah he claimed golden was fired on the 25th when they had that meeting

he said last year, the year we are 6-7 that players were notified golden was fired.

Advertisement

I find it very hard to believe that the players know anything at all about the coaching search unless they happened to see a potential coach walk into the Hecht.

Advertisement

I find it very hard to believe that the players know anything at all about the coaching search unless they happened to see a potential coach walk into the Hecht.

True, I was just posting it. Hope this get wrapped up in the next week

Logically yes but realistically no. How does anyone know that Richt even wants to continue to coach, especially at a school with similar expectations? Richt is a huge family man and super spiritual. Could be wrong but personally don't think he has the drive left to coach at this level.

Richt is not in a stage of life to move to South Florida to try to bring Miami back to dominance.

He wouldn't even take the job if offered to him.

Advertisement
Back