Update Frank Ladson

Well. Everyone here knows I hate to be an insider let me start by saying that. But I’m actually the guy who told Miami to contact Mario Williams. So not to be a **** but shut up
The first part is true. Probably the most casual dude on here and one that I will probably add to my friends list on PS.

Advertisement
How? 9 WRs, so if we run a 4 WR set, we basically only have a 2 deep...we need about 11 ideally which makes sense why we'd bring in 2 portal guys. We've lost 5 (Rambo-Harley-Wiggins-Pope-Payton) since the 2021 season started. So it makes sense to bring in 4
Base offense, unless we’re hiring Mike Leach will use 3 receivers. Most teams use a 6 man rotation. 9 receivers gives you three deep at X,Y, and Z. It’s likely that at least one of either Worsham or Redding hits the portal. So grabbing a guy like Ladson makes sense. Grabbing more than one portal receiver though might not be a good move. Guys aren’t going to transfer in to be the 8th or 9th guy. So bringing in a bunch of transfer receivers essentially means you don’t think the guys we have are any good.

Base offense, unless we’re hiring Mike Leach will use 3 receivers. Most teams use a 6 man rotation. 9 receivers gives you three deep at X,Y, and Z. It’s likely that at least one of either Worsham or Redding hits the portal. So grabbing a guy like Ladson makes sense. Grabbing more than one portal receiver though might not be a good move. Guys aren’t going to transfer in to be the 8th or 9th guy. So bringing in a bunch of transfer receivers essentially means you don’t think the guys we have are any good.
Our receivers are unproven. If you think there is a guy out there that can improve your roster then you take him. End of story. Feelings will be hurt.

Our receivers are unproven. If you think there is a guy out there that can improve your roster then you take him. End of story. Feelings will be hurt.
It’s not like there’s a bunch of proven guys in the portal. It’s either guys who flopped at their first school or guys who have played well against garbage competition.

If you want to take a guy, fine. But guys usually don’t transfer to a new school to be third string. It’s not like last year when we only had one receiver who had actually done anything and we’re desperate for help.

Advertisement
Crazy the state of Clemson if you think about it. I was listening to Radacovich interview last night on the radio and started to think. It’s almost like the early 80’s all over again. Clemson gets built into a powerhouse, some of the cloth starts to unravel and one string at a time makes it all come undone. First, Sunshine leaves for the draft. Then Radacovich, Venables, Tony Eliot bolt…Dabo left with very little of the old regime to work with. He probably will jump to Bama when Saban has a stroke any day now given that he is 128 years old. And Clemson, after being in CFB Playoffs year over year, will be back to being irrelevant in the next 5 or so years. I don’t know how Clemson got built into a powerhouse for those 5-8 years, but I will enjoy the reversion to the mean as UM takes advantage of it and climbs like the phoenix from its ashes.

I got into an argument with my Pitt friend on whether TVD is better than Caleb Williams. He said I was high out of my mind for suggesting that

Advertisement
Ladson is perfect addition
1) Local elite talent
2) Upoerclassmen need more of those for class symmetry

That, and have to believe coming home could be a real shot in the arm for the kid.

The psychology of leaving Miami to play at a Clemson, or elsewhere—some kids thrive, others might not feel like it's a good fit and it impacts them.

Second chances and rebirths; a return to UM could be just what the doctor ordered.

Crazy the state of Clemson if you think about it. I was listening to Radacovich interview last night on the radio and started to think. It’s almost like the early 80’s all over again. Clemson gets built into a powerhouse, some of the cloth starts to unravel and one string at a time makes it all come undone. First, Sunshine leaves for the draft. Then Radacovich, Venables, Tony Eliot bolt…Dabo left with very little of the old regime to work with. He probably will jump to Bama when Saban has a stroke any day now given that he is 128 years old. And Clemson, after being in CFB Playoffs year over year, will be back to being irrelevant in the next 5 or so years. I don’t know how Clemson got built into a powerhouse for those 5-8 years, but I will enjoy the reversion to the mean as UM takes advantage of it and climbs like the phoenix from its ashes.
You know Bama's got Saban clones ready to roll out the second he dies

Advertisement
Scott to USF a couple years ago did not help

If recievers hit the portal because of competition so be it. Our recieves room just improved. One step closer to being next man up

Advertisement
If recievers hit the portal because of competition so be it. Our recieves room just improved. One step closer to being next man up
It’s not about receivers hitting the portal. It’s about the guys we have being better than what’s out there.

I love TVD9 and think he can be a low first round pick even into second round pick but I’m sorry I think Caleb Williams is a much better player. Saying that is not a knock on TVD.

Advertisement
Back