Unsung player in the back 7 through 2 games

brock

All-American
We know bubba bolden, hall and blades have Each had their moments or games playing really well this year but I want To give a shoutout to Gilbert Frierson, he’s been making plays these last 2 games in the backfield and just overall tackling pretty well. I like His skill set and he’s always active. Hope to see Frierson continue to make plays

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frankly I haven't seen enough out of Frierson or Smith. I still wonder if we wouldn‘t be better off running a traditional 4-3 if we have the personnel to do it. Like a Darrin Smith or DJ Williams who could legit cover the slot.

Providing pressure and making good open field tackles from his position in The backfield or wherever
Ah, gotcha. I dont think 4 tackles (2 solo) is considered “making plays”. For me, to consider a DB “making plays”, I would like to see FF, FR, tackle for loss, sack, INT, Pass Defended, pick 6 and etc. Something from those categories. Frierson is a serviceable player who doesn’t “kill” us, but he hasn’t made any plays yet this season unless 7 total tackles is “making plays”.

Advertisement
I have noticed him prevent some backs from spitting out of the pile which makes a difference.

Advertisement
I'm one of Gil's biggest fans and tbh...

I've been disappointed so far (maybe my expectations were too high) I've seen some good things, but I've also seen some things i don't like. He is not consistent.

Advertisement
Keontra can’t have no ridiculous fouls like he did on the sideline for a late. That was pretty crazy but I like Keontra too though
Young guy hyped up in his first big game in a game where emotions were running really high. I agree and I think he’ll be alright.

Advertisement
Back