Unspoken Factor That May Impact The QB Race

After reading and watching videos of Enos you get the sense that he won’t put up with ****. He’ll make it crystal clear to our QB’s that if they slip up over summer that they’re out of the race. Richt always said he held his QB’s to a higher standard but obviously that didn’t result in any type of results for them.

Advertisement
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
I'm not worried about either. I think both have matured. Just as importantly, everyone understands that a ***** up now is going to lose them the starting job because they will have shown that the team can't count on them.

I've seen written comment of Enos telling his QBs that being a Miami QB is a full-time job. You are a leader 24/7 not just with the pads on during practice and games.

Also, Enos has said publicly that person that grinds the most working on their craft in this time between Fall camp is going separate themselves in the camp. It's about who can take their game to the next level in the off season. Master the playbook. Master the footwork. Master reading defenses, etc.

If Perry can't even handle a summer alone, I prefer to find out his maturity level is still low now instead of when the season starts.

Last edited:
Yeah. This theory that Tate Martell was some handpicked QB transfer is fantasy. If Hurts were on the team, that makes sense.

But Martell came to reunite with his buddies and live in Miami. If he wins the job, great! But being the back-up at Miami is better than being the back-up in Columbus. Especially when you're on the team with high school buddies.

Bump

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back