Unpopular Opinion: Best Players

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure our kicker is top 4, but I get the point.

I wouldn't trade any of those 4 for a kicker. I'm sure most D-1 coaches wouldn't either. He might be the best kicker in the country, but he's not an every down player.

Fire up the South Florida loyalists, but our 4 best players are not from South Florida. In no particular order:

- D'Eriq King
- Brevin Jordan
- Bubba Bolden
- Jaelan Phillips

Phillips is a man-child, it's a shame we don't get to watch him and Rousseau on the same line this year.

Let's pump the brakes on South Florida 3-stars being equal to 4/5-star talk. You can see why Jordan, Phillips and Bolden were highly touted national recruits.
Borregales is our 3rd best player and he was born and raised in the County of Dade. But he's a transfer, I get it.

We haven't locked down the state on the recruiting trail in 20 years. That appears to be changing, and if we start winning then it's a lock.

With that said, I want the best players to play for Miami, period. We've had plenty of greats that weren't from Miami: Dorsey, Reed, Kellen, Shockey, McKinnie, just to name a few. Just win baby!

Advertisement
Am I the only one who is does not think Roche is great? He seems to get manhandled on to many plays?? He played that screen great but they run his way a lot on first down and always get 8+ yards.

Three of those guys didn’t sign with us out of high school.

Transfers have been a blessing but this doesn’t say much about recruiting.

The only thing that is going to help recruiting is winning. What Manny has done in the portal has been a band aid....but at least it's given us something to watch/enjoy for this season.

The key is to turn the success of this season into recruiting victories. We need to convert kids like that CB from Palmetto and convince them to stay home. Only a 10 win season can help do that.....so hopefully we'll look back and say these transfers provided the spring board for perennial top 5 classes going forward.

We cant be recruiting corners for setting edge or tackling.. That **** is obviously unattractive as we havent been able to close.. We need coverage corners, the game has gone to passing, you cant play scared tackling corners 10 yards off against clemson 5 years in your program.. wtf

Advertisement
This is the definition of hot take. We always had great out of state players.
But South Florida produces the best talent in the country.
Other parts also produce good players.
Is all about evaluations and getting the right ones.

Am I the only one who is does not think Roche is great? He seems to get manhandled on to many plays?? He played that screen great but they run his way a lot on first down and always get 8+ yards.

best used as a 3rd down rush guy. I actually like Cam Williams more

Fire up the South Florida loyalists, but our 4 best players are not from South Florida. In no particular order:

- D'Eriq King
- Brevin Jordan
- Bubba Bolden
- Jaelan Phillips

Phillips is a man-child, it's a shame we don't get to watch him and Rousseau on the same line this year.

Let's pump the brakes on South Florida 3-stars being equal to 4/5-star talk. You can see why Jordan, Phillips and Bolden were highly touted national recruits.
Why are you leaving out Cam Harris, Silvera, Knighton off your little list? All had huge games tonight.
I think I know why, you let your girl vacay in SoFla, now you hate SoFla, but your girl love it.

Advertisement
Agree with you. Looks undersized and appears to get pushed around on run plays. Has a knack for getting to the QB tho đź‘Ś

Silly point.

Generally the best South Florida kids haven't been signing with us. (or not even offered by us)
We know other parts of the country have good football players, but Miami's best players being OOS kids is more of a knock on our recruiting rather than a knock against South Florida athletes.

PS - Cam has been our best offensive player so far this season.

Maybe our best players aren’t from south Florida because we haven’t been signing the best players from south Florida? They seem to be turning it around though so we’ll have to revisit this issue in a few years. If James Williams and Leonard Taylor get beat out by out of state kids, we can make this statement

Advertisement
Back