Unpopular here but the hatred for coaches is bizarre

Anyone who tries to use some iteration of “but he is a cane” in the defense of staff is part of the problem, and their posts deleted by the mods for being active contributors to our mediocrity and making the rest of us look bad.

Second, Mario has been straight up dog**** here. Perceived improvement doesn’t mean jack ****. He is going to lose the next two games and finish 6–6, yeah awesome improvement. If a phase of the game is bad, it’s his fault. If a hire is bad, it’s his fault. If a position lacks depth, it’s his fault.
If the problem is weak kneed message board posters making excuses, why isn’t the opposite true? Why hasn’t your virulent, manful support of 15-0 being as the only true measure of success lead to better results? Seems to me the real problem is that YOU don’t want it bad enough.

Advertisement
The saddest thing is, if Mario would just hire coordinators, let them do the schematics and he worries about players, about recruiting, about coaching his position and setting the standard for coming to work, he'd be great. Look at what happened with the defense.

But Mario wants to win on offense his way. Not the right way. Not the way on how you need to win. Someone has to get this through his head. Do what you do best and delegate what others do better than you.

You do know it wasn't a fumble and officiating has cost us more misery than any coaching decision this year. We need to bolt and watch the ACC fold deservingly so
Stop with the "It wasn't a Fumble Bullsh*t"....it should have NEVER have come down to that. Only a F-ing Moronic HC even calls a play under those circumstances. Worst part is....he's done it before at Oregon.

The saddest thing is, if Mario would just hire coordinators, let them do the schematics and he worries about players, about recruiting, about coaching his position and setting the standard for coming to work, he'd be great. Look at what happened with the defense.

But Mario wants to win on offense his way. Not the right way. Not the way on how you need to win. Someone has to get this through his head. Do what you do best and delegate what others do better than you.
His Bucket Head *** won't change. His No-coaching *** has us by the balls with his ridiculous Hold UM Hostage contract.

We have grown to hate our coaches it is now what we made the position to be sn unpopular move to come here unless you wan to get very rich quickly if money is your desire then Miami is the place for you.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Shoot if coach L loses a couple BB games some here will want him fired.

We’re making coaching here undesirable unless we offer hundreds of millions.

Sad state we’ve made here.

GOCANES

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him than many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
Sorry, but when the Head Coach makes a comment, this Sat press conference, of his free will that Van Dyke is a Great QB, just tells me how ridiculous he is, clearly the worse HC regarding clock management. The Pluses, Recruits players - excellent, Improvment in the O-Line and the hire of DC and the entire Defensive Team.

Here is a thought experiment.

Time travel back to August and tell this board that we would be driving for the tying touchdown on the final series of an away game to the undefeated #4 team in the Country. Back then, everyone had already penciled in the FSU game as a loss so that would have been accepted as a relatively positive outcome by virtually everyone.

Look, there are no moral victories but there are some losses that not deserving of this level of negativity. And yet here we are lambasting the coach for an outcome much better than was being predicted three months ago.

I get the frustration but there is a tendency in fandom to believe everything is black and white. We are neither as good as we thought early in the year nor as bad as we looked in the middle of the year. But we are undeniably better than we were last year. Time will tell if that is a trajectory that can be maintained or whether it will collapse for all the reasons stated above.

Advertisement
Than I guess nor does not being one make you correct on all things canes football that you don't agree with. Forest and trees...
I give Mario credit for building the oline hiring the right DC the second time around. But Dawson ain't it the QB room has been mismanaged and his game day coaching leaves a lot to desire. There is no reason that we can't be like Ohio state which has had one losing season since 2010 no reason same as bama. We have the talent base locally we have improved facility we are a great if not the best physical destination in the US. We simply need to get better at offensive coaching and scheming,game day management, and stockpile talent.

Alabama Record before Nick Saban:

2000: 3-8
2001: 7-5
2002: 10-3
2003: 4-9
2004: 6-6
2005: 10-2
2006: 6-7

Saban Arrives in 2007:

2007: 7-6 (All losses by 6 points or less)
2008: 12-2
2009: 14-0 (National Champs)
2010: 10-3
2011: 12-1 (National Champs)
2012: 13-1 (National Champs)
2013: 11-2
2014: 12-2
2015: 14-1 (National Champs)

On and on and on winning. 3 winning seasons in the 7 years prior to Saban, one build up year with a winning record and then lift off.

IMO, Mario should’ve had a better first year last year. He didn’t and then this year, rational expectations were 7-5, 8-4 or 9-3.

So many here prior to FSU wanted to slurp on “we should be 7-2 If not for GT.” It was an ugly game. Those kinds of games are going to happen. In our case, outside of UNC, it happened vs GT, UVA and NC ST.

So that GT game, if won, put this team on a pretty much certain trajectory of 8-4. Now we will be lucky to finish 7-5.

It’s looking more like 6-6.

Is a 1 game improvement from 5-7 to 6 and 6 good enough for you all with a team that should really be 8-4?

Which scenario sells better with transfer portal candidates and recruits? A competent Head Coach that recovered in year 2 and won 8 games or an incompetent head coach with a 1 game improvement and a constipated offense that rivals Iowa from 1969?
Same thing with Ohio state

Here is a thought experiment.

Time travel back to August and tell this board that we would be driving for the tying touchdown on the final series of an away game to the undefeated #4 team in the Country. Back then, everyone had already penciled in the FSU game as a loss so that would have been accepted as a relatively positive outcome by virtually everyone.

Look, there are no moral victories but there are some losses that not deserving of this level of negativity. And yet here we are lambasting the coach for an outcome much better than was being predicted three months ago.

I get the frustration but there is a tendency in fandom to believe everything is black and white. We are neither as good as we thought early in the year nor as bad as we looked in the middle of the year. But we are undeniably better than we were last year. Time will tell if that is a trajectory that can be maintained or whether it will collapse for all the reasons stated above.
Naw.

Advertisement
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him than many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.

steve-birthday-elevator.gif

Here is another thought that I have yet to see expressed here.

I think it is very high on the list of complaints that the QB room is coaching malpractice. We should never be in a position where we are this thin with no viable competition or backup.

I know it is the coach's responsibility but let's not pretend that this was the plan. There was a plan in place and it got blown up and we are still paying the price.

A year ago, we were sitting with Jaden Rashada on our board as the #6 QB in the Country. Emory Williams was a developmental guy way down the list. We went deep into recruiting season with a plan for a 2-tier class to flesh out our QB room for both numbers and quality. You can argue whether he was the right guy or not but a lot of people had him highly ranked.

Then the Gators screwed us with an incredible offer. And I use the term in its most literal sense because it actually wasn't credible. Seems like everybody got screwed in the deal but people are overlooking the fact that we were one of them. It left us without a credible QB in the class and we never recovered. It was late in the recruiting season and all the good guys were locked in. I am sure we tried like **** to flip all kinds of kids but that is a long shot at best at that point in the cycle. At the end of the day, the music stopped and we were left without a chair.

The alternative of course would have been the portal. But it is tough to pull a starter quality QB when there is an incumbent, not to mention the chaos in the OC and offense. I would agree strongly that we should have brought someone in but I just don't know if it is reasonable to believe that it would have been the answer. I know everyone around here just says "throw money" as if everyone else isn't throwing money too.

Of course, we are sitting here without a legit recruit for next year either. Sure it is continued punishment for the failure of last year but we can only hope that some good portal guy sees us for the opportunity that we are.

I just wanted to bring this up to be clear that this was never "the plan". In an alternate reality, we would have had a highly rated freshman that could have challenged and stepped in instead of a developmental guy. Despite all the sunshine pumping around here, it was never reasonable to expect a 3* true freshman to jump into a P5 program and excel.

Advertisement
I was with Butch a few weeks ago, and spoke to him yesterday. He simply can't understand our Offensive playcalling, but he Loves the Defense. He ranted about Emory as well. Said kid has Moxy and it's obvious he spends time in the film room.
Does this imply #9 didn't spend time in the film room?

A well thought out and mature perspective.

This ain't gonna go over well in this day and age. Nor with many on this board.

(I happen to agree with you 100%)

If dip**** Mario keeps this up he'll career suicide...back at FAU/FIU doing it his way

i-did-it-my-way-frank-sinatra.gif

Advertisement
Back