Unpopular here but the hatred for coaches is bizarre

Advertisement
Anyone who tries to use some iteration of “but he is a cane” in the defense of staff is part of the problem, and their posts deleted by the mods for being active contributors to our mediocrity and making the rest of us look bad.

Second, Mario has been straight up dog**** here. Perceived improvement doesn’t mean jack ****. He is going to lose the next two games and finish 6–6, yeah awesome improvement. If a phase of the game is bad, it’s his fault. If a hire is bad, it’s his fault. If a position lacks depth, it’s his fault.
Another guy who clearly didnt get the point...far from shocking

I’m in full agreement that hating Golden and Diaz in 2023 is senseless.

Holding Mario as accountable as fans did those previous coaches should be the expectation and the level of lowering the bar should cause you outrage…
Oh I agree...holding accountable is natural...Im talking about the hate...sorry...thought I made that clear

Advertisement
Another guy who clearly didnt get the point...far from shocking
The OP was moronic, soft shouldered, excuse filled bull**** that reads like it comes from the athletic department that feels sorry for itself. Take it up with that dumbass. It was so chalk full of defeatist low standard trash jargon who ******* cares what they are saying in the first place, because that is the kind of outlook that makes where we are and have been for the last 20 years acceptable. Better off without them.

Oh I understand that...that is why I mentioned numerous times they are not above criticism. My point is the bizarre hatred. I cant wrap my head around rooting against Coach Diaz and Coach Golden. And do it with a hate that is bizarre. I wish nothing but the best for both of them...for some reason, thats crazy to some around here...that is my main and really only point
I agree than ceaseless talk about former coaches is weird as ****, and unproductive.

Advertisement
As some of you have mentioned not only is he making $8mill a year but he was given top 5-10 money in the country to fill out the rest of his coaching staff. We usually haven’t even given top 25 money for assistant coaches. He is being given resources that no other coach in Miami history (Jimmy, Butch, Richt, Manny, Golden, Coker, Shannon) has ever been given and it’s not even close and the results have been worse than any coach in UM over the past 45 years.

The real problem is how toxic the fan base gets on twitter. Significantly worse than other fanbases, specifically ****ting on our own players

As a collective, we don’t show up for games and we talk **** about our players and coaches and we wonder why some recruits don’t come here, why some coaches choose to not come and/or leave, and why some players leave early

Someone’s gonna say “players who listen to fans aren’t great anyways”

Maybe but doesn’t mean we should aid it and choose to not support our team openly
I agree with you.
Some have different opinions of what a message board should be.
Some have different opinions of what being a fan is.

So, I’ll do my little travel thing on Saturday, look around, and see about 38k in the stands
thinking the conditional fans who decided to stay home and post stupid **** on CIS.

To each his own, smh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
We have the dumbest online fan base
A bunch of fat pucsies with shlt jobs or probably no job.

Weakest bunch of losers

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
I strongly agree with your comments. I think we're really 2 WR's that can really separate from the DB's and make life better for the QB.

I despised the administration for years-

Hiring one loser after another-

Not giving the resources that were needed-

Let’s not kid even if you have everything you could ever want for a program money, facilities, on campus stadium, great fan base, and many other things it’s not guaranteed you win-

Just look at A&M-

Look at Oregon-Lanning will probably end up elsewhere maybe A&M-

Georgia,Alabama,Ohio St are in the hunt every year-

Michigan was out of that equation until they turned it around recently-

Clemson now is feeling the pain after incredible success-

It isn’t to win.

Advertisement
OP is dead on but this board is mostly for nuts you think we should be a playoff team in year 2 of the rebuild LOL. I am way more hopeful now then before that game . I thought with Emory ( even though he is the QB of the future ) we would be down 28-0 before he got his footing . We almost **** won the game against the 3rd best team in college IMO.

you know who represented the hurricanes more than Mario. randy Shannon. he actually accomplished something here as a coordinator, came through from a public hs in miami, and worked his way through UM. he was clowned every week on every board and called radio.

true cane means absolutely nothing if you dont win. Mario didnt give us a discount and hes not doing this for free. hes getting paid 8 mill a year over 10 years and demanded more resources than any other coach ever got and received it. hes not doing for his own charity.

win or GTFO as it always been.

I despised the administration for years-

Hiring one loser after another-

Not giving the resources that were needed-

Let’s not kid even if you have everything you could ever want for a program money, facilities, on campus stadium, great fan base, and many other things it’s not guaranteed you win-

Just look at A&M-

Look at Oregon-Lanning will probably end up elsewhere maybe A&M-

Georgia,Alabama,Ohio St are in the hunt every year-

Michigan was out of that equation until they turned it around recently-

Clemson now is feeling the pain after incredible success-

It isn’t to win.
what no one talks about with Michigan is JH immediately improved them. they went 10-3 3 out of his first 4 years including the first two seasons. the reason he got on the hot seat was bc he couldn't beat OSU and would flirt with the NFL. he didnt struggle out of the gate. that is a myth people tell themselves. he got results overnight.

Advertisement
Back