University of Miami mafia

Miami04

Senior
2015 - I am so ******* done with this program. I’m not getting season tickets next year. Period.
2015 - oh we fired Golden and hired Richt. We are going all the way.
2016 - lose 4 in a row. I knew Richt was done.
2016 - win 5 in a row and Bowl game. (We may win it all next year)
2017- we are a qb away from beating the Patriots. Richt is a god.
2018- ****.
2018 - well well well what gift have we been given here.
2018 - hmmm not sure about Manny
2019 - (off season) Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Manny Diaz. Thats all the greats.
2019 - this is really the end. No question. In fact DBC is not even getting tickets.
2020 - SMU OC, a new OL coach who has been a HC and OC, and Zo in a 1 week period? Just hung up with the ticket office, I didn’t miss my deposit.

It’s been said before. Just like the mafia. They keep pulling the fans back in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2015 - I am so ******* done with this program. I’m not getting season tickets next year. Period.
2018- ****.
2019 - (off season) Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Manny Diaz. Thats all the greats.
2019 - this is really the end. No question. In fact DBC is not even getting tickets.
2019 - SMU OC, a new OL coach who has been a HC and OC, and Zo in a 1 week period? Just hung up with the ticket office, I didn’t miss my deposit.

No doubt...

037377AB-1B0A-4540-ABAB-54CBFD5BAF73.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we live in a bubble here but aside from a few teams the same can be said about a ton of big time programs in college football.

1) That doesn’t make it acceptable

2) Who? Teams go up and down but what we’ve had here is ridiculous. Don’t tell me Tennessee or USC please.

It's far from acceptable, it's been disgraceful.

Right now fans from Blacksburg to Austin to Seattle have thought they were back to stay only to underachieve and show flashes and back since 2015.

It's far from acceptable, it's been disgraceful.

Right now fans from Blacksburg to Austin to Seattle have thought they were back to stay only to underachieve and show flashes and back since 2015.

Very few of those teams have the championship history UM does, so I don’t think expectations are the same...Other than N or Texas.

Texas also has the recruiting base UM does, so really what other schools have been in the same boat? Maybe USC but they’ve been relevant more recently and haven’t fallen quite so far.

Advertisement
Very few of those teams have the championship history UM does, so I don’t think expectations are the same...Other than N or Texas.

Texas also has the recruiting base UM does, so really what other schools have been in the same boat? Maybe USC but they’ve been relevant more recently and haven’t fallen quite so far.

FSU, Texas, Florida, USC, Tennessee, Auburn, Washington and Nebraska have all been as or more nationally relevant than us in the last 10 years. All have seen some truly bad seasons, played well and back over that span.

FSU, Texas, Florida, USC, Tennessee, Auburn, Washington and Nebraska have all been as or more nationally relevant than us in the last 10 years. All have seen some truly bad seasons, played well and back over that span.
FSU won a ship 5 years ago. UF won the OB this year And played in sec CGs since 2015. They had one bad year. Tennessee football isn’t upper echelon, barring one season. Wash isn’t a fallen parenial power.

Miami has been a second tier program for 15 years. There’s not been ups and downs.. just lows and lowers.

Our situation doesn’t compare to theirs.

2018- ****
2020 - SMU OC, a new OL coach who has been a HC and OC, and Zo in a 1 week period? Just hung up with the ticket office, I didn’t miss my deposit.

This is classic! You just did an amazing job of summing up Canesinsight over the past 5 years in one succinct post. Well done.

Advertisement
The offseason for every sport is about building hope for a better result next season, which almost invariably raises expectations. This year is no different.

What should be the sobering reality is that 2019 was such a miserable failure despite the same hope/expectations. We didn't just fail to meet expectations; we fell off a cliff.

I'm now in 1000% wait and see mode. 'Show me', don't tell me. I'm not buying anything based on the sales brochure.

FSU won a ship 5 years ago. UF won the OB this year And played in sec CGs since 2015. They had one bad year. Tennessee football isn’t upper echelon, barring one season. Wash isn’t a fallen parenial power.

Miami has been a second tier program for 15 years. There’s not been ups and downs.. just lows and lowers.

Our situation doesn’t compare to theirs.
The only thing that's kept us relevant the last 15 years or so is the 5 NC's from '83 to '01 and the expectations that come with those NC's. Pre-Schnelly, we were about as irrelevant as it gets from the inception of the football program. We're still the small private university we were back in '83. It'll take an Schnelly-esqe effort to return us to those glory days.

Advertisement
Back