University of Miami mafia

FSU won a ship 5 years ago. UF won the OB this year And played in sec CGs since 2015. They had one bad year. Tennessee football isn’t upper echelon, barring one season. Wash isn’t a fallen parenial power.

Miami has been a second tier program for 15 years. There’s not been ups and downs.. just lows and lowers.

Our situation doesn’t compare to theirs.

It shows and let’s be frank for a moment here. Our coaches and fans have some of the lowest IQs in history. They still double down on Lispy even some on Twitter suggested demoting Lispy back to DC and hiring another HC. See this is what I about dealing with an extremely low IQ fan base.

When was the last time you said “Wow our coaches out schemed and out coached the other staff.” Furthermore when was the last time we had good Xs or Os coaches who could strategize a game plan for the opponent?

This impending Zo hire is nothing but damage control. If they were serious about winning Fake, Strawley and Lispy would have been shown the door at seasons end.

Advertisement
It's far from acceptable, it's been disgraceful.

Right now fans from Blacksburg to Austin to Seattle have thought they were back to stay only to underachieve and show flashes and back since 2015.
You should see the lamentations of my Longhorn friends here in Austin....”But it’s been TEN years...when is UT going to be back?”

2015 - I am so ******* done with this program. I’m not getting season tickets next year. Period.
2015 - oh we fired Golden and hired Richt. We are going all the way.
2016 - lose 4 in a row. I knew Richt was done.
2016 - win 5 in a row and Bowl game. (We may win it all next year)
2017- we are a qb away from beating the Patriots. Richt is a god.
2018- ****.
2018 - well well well what gift have we been given here.
2018 - hmmm not sure about Manny
2019 - (off season) Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Manny Diaz. Thats all the greats.
2019 - this is really the end. No question. In fact DBC is not even getting tickets.
2020 - SMU OC, a new OL coach who has been a HC and OC, and Zo in a 1 week period? Just hung up with the ticket office, I didn’t miss my deposit.

It’s been said before. Just like the mafia. They keep pulling the fans back in.

LOL, Nice!

2015 - I am so ******* done with this program. I’m not getting season tickets next year. Period.
2015 - oh we fired Golden and hired Richt. We are going all the way.
2016 - lose 4 in a row. I knew Richt was done.
2016 - win 5 in a row and Bowl game. (We may win it all next year)
2017- we are a qb away from beating the Patriots. Richt is a god.
2018- ****.
2018 - well well well what gift have we been given here.
2018 - hmmm not sure about Manny
2019 - (off season) Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Manny Diaz. Thats all the greats.
2019 - this is really the end. No question. In fact DBC is not even getting tickets.
2020 - SMU OC, a new OL coach who has been a HC and OC, and Zo in a 1 week period? Just hung up with the ticket office, I didn’t miss my deposit.

It’s been said before. Just like the mafia. They keep pulling the fans back in.

All I see there are a slew of false expectations every few years, which is what's wrong with this program as much as the failed on-the-field product itself.

Golden's five years were an absolute waste; low-lighted with a 58-0 home loss to Clemson—but hiring the over-the-hill Richt was going to be an immediate game-changer?

A five-game win-streak against Pittsburgh, Virginia, North Carolina State, Duke and West Virginia in 2016 set the stage to win it all the following year?

Overhyping Diaz getting hired in 2019 and some big #TNM talk and what not—having some talking about going 12-0 and wanting a crack at Clemson? (Despite Richt era finishing 7-9 after 10-0 start in 2017 and losing a ton of defensive talent this off-season?)

This fan base is as over-emotional as a 13-year old girl with a crush—zero logic or reason anywhere to found and going up and down like a yo-yo regarding any positive or negative thing that happens with the Canes.

15-year drought. 97-71 from 2005 Peach to 2018 Pinstripe. Fifth head coach in 14 seasons. This thing has been a disaster for more than a hot minute—and there's been no reason to believe any change was going to be some immediate game-changer.

Advertisement
FSU won a ship 5 years ago. UF won the OB this year And played in sec CGs since 2015. They had one bad year. Tennessee football isn’t upper echelon, barring one season. Wash isn’t a fallen parenial power.

Miami has been a second tier program for 15 years. There’s not been ups and downs.. just lows and lowers.

Lol. Miami was a power for 20 years out of close to 100. The other teams you mentioned would be considered blue bloods. Our situation is exactly like everyone else’s. Maybe the problem is you won’t believe that so you’re only fooling yourself. We have a very over inflated perception of what we think we’re entitled too because, you know, we’re the U

Tell that to some fans on this board who thinks that because we carry the Miami name, we are a TOP tier program.
We just have expectations that seem to get lower year by year. Those 3 losses showed the lowest of the low.
This 2020 team........... and year............ will be definitely a show me year, of rising from the low.

Why should Clemson be so much better? If coaching and recruiting can catch up we should be able to field as good athletes as anyone.
UM should be a more attractive school to the parents too

Advertisement
Back