Uniform War

The NFL has Nike.

We're a football school.

That's fine, still think you guys are being dramatic.

Not being dramatic at all, you said NBA was Adidas, I said the NFL is Nike.

Though not recently, we are a football school right?

Didnt mean you specifially, but the general vibe in this thread is dramatic.

Yes, we are a football school, so is Tennessee, they are doing fine with Adidas

Tennessee is now a Nike school.

Advertisement
I hate leaving Nike. No matter how you spin it, that's the most prestigious athletic and show brand. It's the Ferrari of these companies.

If they are gonna bounce, I'm hoping its Under Armour. Their gear is much better than Adidas.

Pay up.

I'd rather have Nike, then UA, then Adidas but **** giving up $3 million more a year. That may be double what we are getting now.

By the way, until very recently the NFL was Reebok. Life went on.

Nike dropped us because they found a new improved U in Oregon. We play like we're sponsored by starter or champion

you guys are giving Nike way to much respect, look the u help put Nike on the map the u is a brand on its own we could make Adidas popular just like we did nike and they know that and that's why there offering us the big bucks, Adidas gear looks 10 times better then under Armour

Advertisement
In terms of performance, Under Armour's footwear is a mess. My cousin started at Maryland. He played S and then switched to LB. He had so many leg troubles from wearing UA shoes. His mom said it was because of UA cleats...

Sounds crazy right? Well, I watched Notre Dame's bowl game and the announcer said ND had as many as 13 (or 14, I can't remember) injured players on defense this year alone. Is this a coincidence with UA footwear? I don't know. I'm not sure about Adidas, but I haven't heard about anything negative in regards to their football cleats and injures.

I notice Dallas wears Adidas and it hasn't hurt their marketing. Also their Uniforms didn't change. There are also other NFL teams using their gear.

In terms of performance, Under Armour's footwear is a mess. My cousin started at Maryland. He played S and then switched to LB. He had so many leg troubles from wearing UA shoes. His mom said it was because of UA cleats...

Sounds crazy right? Well, I watched Notre Dame's bowl game and the announcer said ND had as many as 13 (or 14, I can't remember) injured players on defense this year alone. Is this a coincidence with UA footwear? I don't know. I'm not sure about Adidas, but I haven't heard about anything negative in regards to their football cleats and injures.

also i remember dez bryant didnt like under armour either, he kept slipping in them at his pro day and ended up switching in to nike cleats

Advertisement
hate hate hate addidas. if Nike decides to not match offer, which i can respect with the current state of Miami Football being a dumpster fire. I want UA bad then. they showed with Notre Dame that they can keep a classic look without going full Maryland. I would like to see the 80's jerseys back with UA

The school has the final say on what the players wear. Miami sold out its values and tradition for the latest "trend" on 100 color combos and new helmets. The argument that players like this this trend is sort of accurate but recruiting rankings don't support it. Look at Oregon, amazing uniforms, but can't scratch the top 10 in recruiting. If "silly" and "wacky" uniforms were that important to kids these days then the Alabama's, USC's, ND's of the world wouldn't be in the top 10 every year. This strategy is a publicity stunt for schools that do not have 5 titles in the last 30 years. Unfortunately, the school is being run by incompetent morons.

You are not making much sense. Branding is very important and it is one of the reason Oregon is so popular. When you look at Oregon you probably should check your facts.

In the last 7 years Oregon has been to 5 BCS bowl games and 2 National title games.

If you are still worried about their recruiting here is their record the last 5 years

12-1
12-2
12-1
11-2
13-1

You guys don't like the new Uniform and fads because we have not won anything and your only memory of winning is attached to Uniforms that are over 12 years old.

hate hate hate addidas. if Nike decides to not match offer, which i can respect with the current state of Miami Football being a dumpster fire. I want UA bad then. they showed with Notre Dame that they can keep a classic look without going full Maryland. I would like to see the 80's jerseys back with UA

The school has the final say on what the players wear. Miami sold out its values and tradition for the latest "trend" on 100 color combos and new helmets. The argument that players like this this trend is sort of accurate but recruiting rankings don't support it. Look at Oregon, amazing uniforms, but can't scratch the top 10 in recruiting. If "silly" and "wacky" uniforms were that important to kids these days then the Alabama's, USC's, ND's of the world wouldn't be in the top 10 every year. This strategy is a publicity stunt for schools that do not have 5 titles in the last 30 years. Unfortunately, the school is being run by incompetent morons.

You are not making much sense. Branding is very important and it is one of the reason Oregon is so popular. When you look at Oregon you probably should check your facts.

In the last 7 years Oregon has been to 5 BCS bowl games and 2 National title games.

If you are still worried about their recruiting here is their record the last 5 years

12-1
12-2
12-1
11-2
13-1

You guys don't like the new Uniform and fads because we have not won anything and your only memory of winning is attached to Uniforms that are over 12 years old.

Don't bring up pertinent facts, **** you thinking man?

If it means getting rid of these hideous Christmas ornament colored uniforms I'm all for it. We don't even look like Miami anymore.

i cant speak to oregons popularity or how that is even measured, but their on field success has to do with the fact their is a TON of money being pumped in to that program with no expense spared any where they have the best coaching and facilities money can buy, it has nothing to do with those ugly uniforms or swoosh marks on them and has everything to do with how their recruits are constantly being put in position to succeed and receiving the best nutrition, coaching, strength training etc from the moment they step on campus.

if it was an adidas man instead of phil knight backing oregon they would have the same success *** the brand its the money. this is what miami is competing against so unless nike is gonna come along and build the same facilities for miami who cares if they switch to another brand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xSlBX32jx0

Advertisement
you guys are giving Nike way to much respect, look the u help put Nike on the map the u is a brand on its own we could make Adidas popular just like we did nike and they know that and that's why there offering us the big bucks, Adidas gear looks 10 times better then under Armour

Jesus H Christ couldn't made addidas popular . That's real talk.

They're a third tier company , with an awful product .

Jesus H Christ couldn't made addidas popular . That's real talk.

They're a third tier company , with an awful product .

all this stuff comes from the same sweat shops

Oregon winning has nothing to do with their uniforms and everything to do with their coaching and the money they have invested in facilities.

Advertisement
My wifes best friend works for Adidas and she used to work for Nike. She has stated all this stuff is the same crap it's all about marketing.

Adidas FB gear is actually trash. Nike still wins in quality and street cred- a place where football and popular culture meet. You can pay millions but it does not matter if your stuff looks like trash.

Adidas: A fading brand signing up a fading football program: UM. How appropriate.

I notice Dallas wears Adidas and it hasn't hurt their marketing. Also their Uniforms didn't change. There are also other NFL teams using their gear.

Um what? I'm pretty sure Nike is the uniform of the nfl

Advertisement
Back