Uniform War

Do any of these companies manufacture in the United States of America?
The exploitation of 3rd world countries cheap labor is a disgrace being supported by people only interested in lining their pockets.
People need to be educated consumers and demand fair wages for workers in these 3rd world countries and a level playing field for U.S. manufactured goods.
It seems like American sports fans are completely blind to this issue and don't mind being exploited themselves by these apparel manufacturers and their huge profit margins. How do you think they can afford the huge endorsement contracts they hand out?
Just check the labels sewn in to your team gear and be responsible consumers.

Advertisement
Or you could look at it as helpful American companies providing jobs in underprivileged countries.

I like the new gear this year... I hope addidas... can match or keep some of the uniforms simular or better.

Advertisement
Switching to Adidas is gonna end up the next built in excuse for sucking. Just like facilities, clouds, etc.

You guys realize that the NBA is sponsored by Adidas right? Every teams jersey ...

And I still don't get why folks complain about facilities ... we have a state of the art basketball arena ...

Advertisement
The NFL has Nike.

We're a football school.

That's fine, still think you guys are being dramatic.

Not being dramatic at all, you said NBA was Adidas, I said the NFL is Nike.

Though not recently, we are a football school right?

Didnt mean you specifially, but the general vibe in this thread is dramatic.

Yes, we are a football school, so is Tennessee, they are doing fine with Adidas

Advertisement
Al hasnt been seen bcuz he is trying to strike a lucrative deal with Pony. It all makes sense now.

It is obvious Nike is the best, that is not in question.
However it is a better decision for the school to sign with Under Armour. Addidas would be fine, but UA is better than they are, so if we choose, I'd prefer them. Nike will not match, and I'd be willing to bet on that. If Nike matches one school they will start losing a lot more schools and begin to pay more and more money each year. Financially it would not be smart for Nike to match an offer where UA or Adidas is willing to pay like $2-3M more per year. It is also a smart decision for Miami to switch also, because we should be trying to get what we are worth.
The only problem is I think UA and Adidas will try to do too much with the new Unis, because they will be spending a lot of money to get us, so they would be going all out.
I just hope they take out the orange and green helmet, and just add a black or grey one. We should always wear a white helmet, except for maybe 2 games a year. I never really thought the green/orange helmet were that bad, but that was assuming we'd only wear them 2 times a year, not every ******* game.

When you are losing, no matter what you wear looks like crap. If you're winning, a jock strap and two bandaids will look good.

Advertisement
When you are losing, no matter what you wear looks like crap. If you're winning, a jock strap and two bandaids will look good.

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Just channeling my dear departed mother. She used to say in a disgusting tone with a Alabama farm accent, "That girl ain't wearing nothing but a corkscrew and two bandaids!"

"So those new Nike uniforms that you saw unveiled this year. Be prepared for them to go into the dumpsters outside the Hecht and Schwartz centers"

best thing i read in the article

Advertisement
Back