Uniform War

Advertisement
I don't mind the green helmets we wore in 2010 against Virginia Tech. Dark green, shout out to the helmets we wore from '71-'75, the Chuck Foreman era.

[video=youtube;q7eUlxLq4uE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7eUlxLq4uE[/video]

Good news ? No more clam, that clam is nikes, adidas football gear has gotten a lot better those all white they made for A&m and miss state OOOOOWEEEEE

To put things into perspective a bit, I dated a woman who worked at a Hanes factory, where they made: Polo RL, Nike hoodies and sweats, DKNY and Hanesbrands. It's literally all the same crap. I just don't like Adidas' designs being quite honest.

hate hate hate addidas. if Nike decides to not match offer, which i can respect with the current state of Miami Football being a dumpster fire. I want UA bad then. they showed with Notre Dame that they can keep a classic look without going full Maryland. I would like to see the 80's jerseys back with UA

The school has the final say on what the players wear. Miami sold out its values and tradition for the latest "trend" on 100 color combos and new helmets. The argument that players like this this trend is sort of accurate but recruiting rankings don't support it. Look at Oregon, amazing uniforms, but can't scratch the top 10 in recruiting. If "silly" and "wacky" uniforms were that important to kids these days then the Alabama's, USC's, ND's of the world wouldn't be in the top 10 every year. This strategy is a publicity stunt for schools that do not have 5 titles in the last 30 years. Unfortunately, the school is being run by incompetent morons.

You are not making much sense. Branding is very important and it is one of the reason Oregon is so popular. When you look at Oregon you probably should check your facts.

In the last 7 years Oregon has been to 5 BCS bowl games and 2 National title games.

If you are still worried about their recruiting here is their record the last 5 years

12-1
12-2
12-1
11-2
13-1

You guys don't like the new Uniform and fads because we have not won anything and your only memory of winning is attached to Uniforms that are over 12 years old.

Don't bring up pertinent facts, **** you thinking man?

I would like to recommend the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good
(It is not a center for ants)

Dude was talking about recruiting and Uniforms when Oregon is going to BCS championships

Advertisement
hate hate hate addidas. if Nike decides to not match offer, which i can respect with the current state of Miami Football being a dumpster fire. I want UA bad then. they showed with Notre Dame that they can keep a classic look without going full Maryland. I would like to see the 80's jerseys back with UA

The school has the final say on what the players wear. Miami sold out its values and tradition for the latest "trend" on 100 color combos and new helmets. The argument that players like this this trend is sort of accurate but recruiting rankings don't support it. Look at Oregon, amazing uniforms, but can't scratch the top 10 in recruiting. If "silly" and "wacky" uniforms were that important to kids these days then the Alabama's, USC's, ND's of the world wouldn't be in the top 10 every year. This strategy is a publicity stunt for schools that do not have 5 titles in the last 30 years. Unfortunately, the school is being run by incompetent morons.

You are not making much sense. Branding is very important and it is one of the reason Oregon is so popular. When you look at Oregon you probably should check your facts.

In the last 7 years Oregon has been to 5 BCS bowl games and 2 National title games.

If you are still worried about their recruiting here is their record the last 5 years

12-1
12-2
12-1
11-2
13-1

You guys don't like the new Uniform and fads because we have not won anything and your only memory of winning is attached to Uniforms that are over 12 years old.

I never said that branding isn't important, it is quite the opposite. However, branding does not automatically translate to success in any field as you claim. A ****** product is a ****** product no matter how you spin it. Lots of Canes fan buy into the hype that recruiting prospects like the latest trends and fads with the uniforms (which I believe they do to a degree); however, if that were entirely accurate then the Oregon's and the Maryland's of the worlds would be killing it with recruiting. BTW, it is a fact, in spite of the great branding, Oregon struggles competing with the powerhouses in recruiting. That isn't a theory. You know why Oregon is successful? Because their school invested into the football program with great facilities and coaches who created a breakthrough offensive scheme that is rare and very effective, especially in the Pac 12. However, their Defense has always been suspect. Additionally, to your point, they had Phil Knight, who went to school at Oregon, behind their incredible branding machine.

Miami has one of the biggest brand names in the entire country that is rich and full of history. 5 National Championships, arguably the best football program in the last 30 years. Additionally, it has arguably the most iconic helmet in all of football. In my professional career, I have created multiple brands in the liquor and healthcare industries, and I understand that in order to create a good "brand", consistency is the key. Seeing Miami alter its helmets and wear stupid color combos hurts the brand, in this case. It is just not necessary. This strategy is more effective for the no name schools that need to do anything to draw someone's attention. Doesn't surprise me that this idiotic AD thinks like an amateur school.

Advertisement
Back