UNCONQUERED

It's how cristobal players play. A good majority of our kids could give 2 ***** about how they play. We had multiple guys skipping practice getting drunk taking breaks from the team and being allowed back with open arms. Along with bad mouthing coaches. Yes of course stuff like that happens else where but not at the rate it did last year.
Well said, I agree 100% with that. But, again, you're lowering the bar here to an analysis of how he compares to manny diaz. I'm adsressing something totally different. The argument put forth a lot around here that mario is some proven phenomenal HC.

Advertisement
Well said, I agree 100% with that. But, again, you're lowering the bar here to an analysis of how he compares to manny diaz. I'm adsressing something totally different. The argument put forth a lot around here that mario is some proven phenomenal HC.
but don't worry, these guys can really cut a rug on the sidelines though .....

Take Diaz out of the equation for a moment. There was still questions about Mario after the 2018 season and whether or not he could be successful at Miami considering what the buyout was going to be from Oregon. Is he the best choice? Don't know but he needs to be considered seriously now. A mandatory requirement for the Miami job is you have had to won a Power 5 conference title as a head coach at minimum. That being said Richt retiring did not hurt the university financially so we could have made the buyout. I mean we wasted $4 million buying out Diaz. Never thought the Diaz hire made any sense, but the way the department is run it makes perfect sense. If Diaz fails, then the AD goes. After 5 failed head coaches, I'm not sure money is going to be the issue. Miami is going to have to invest in a first rate AD. I understand why they went with the ticket guy. The two previous ADs did drive-bys. The AD sets the stage for the department. A first rate AD handles the football head coach search competently and asks Jim to kindly retire from the basketball program.
Mario may not come here now....when Diaz gets fired we are kind of screwed. My Miami fan in me says **** yea I leave for UM if offered.....but logically I would stay at a place that wants to win. I don't want to be at a place that I would fail and make me look bad as well as stunt the growth of my coaching career. It would be hard to say no though.

Last edited:
Mario is an easy choice to make. Therefore, if Blake James is still the AD, it will be Mario.

Edit: Unless an easier choice like Lashlee is available.

Advertisement
Mario may not come here now....when Diaz gets fired we are kind of screwed. My Miami fan in me says **** yea I leave for UM if offered.....but logically I would stay at a place that wants to win. I don't want to be at a place that I would fail and make me look bad as well as stunt the growth of my coaching career. It would be hard to say no though.

Well, if momma calls you have to consider it. That's why I think Swinney leaves Clemson for Alabama once Saban retires. Hard to turn down your alma mater when it comes knocking no matter your current situation. If Miami pays the buy out for Cristobal which will be huge, then I think that is a sign they are committed to finally getting this right. I think Cristobal would demand and receive a generous pocket book for a staff. Cristobal and his wife are Miami folks. No South Florida culture shock.

Depends on what Cristobal wants. He will never ever win a national title at Oregon. He loses a lot this year so I'll be interested to see how he adjusts and whether or not he wins his division. I love the fact that they play North Dakota State in the opener. Go Bison.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, if momma calls you have to consider it. That's why I think Swinney leaves Clemson for Alabama once Saban retires. Hard to turn down your alma mater when it comes knocking no matter your current situation. If Miami pays the buy out for Cristobal which will be huge, then I think that is a sign they are committed to finally getting this right. I think Cristobal would demand and receive a generous pocket book for a staff. Cristobal and his wife are Miami folks. No South Florida culture shock.

Depends on what Cristobal wants. He will never ever win a national title at Oregon. He loses a lot this year so I'll be interested to see how he adjusts and whether or not he wins his division. I love the fact that they play North Dakota State in the opener. Go Bison.
I don't think Dabo will go there when Saban leaves .. but I think he could be the guy who replaces the guy after Saban leaves. Talk about an absolute no win situation.

I don't think Dabo will go there when Saban leaves .. but I think he could be the guy who replaces the guy after Saban leaves. Talk about an absolute no win situation.

They will roll up the brinks truck for Swinney. Only one guy can come close to keep it going at Bama and that is Swinney.

They will roll up the brinks truck for Swinney. Only one guy can come close to keep it going at Bama and that is Swinney.
They will roll it out, but he is also already making $9-10M a year where he doesn't need to prove or establish himself.

Advertisement
correction, There's a reason we could never get legit coordinators under onion or alfraud "or Mandy".
Nah. That's not the case with Mandy. When Mandy first got the job I know of some very interesting names that called up and threw themselves into the hat. Mandy however(much different from alfraud or onion)made a personal choice that he didn't want any of them around. (in my eyes because having them around puts the spotlight on him when things are done backwards) He surrounded himself with yes men for a reason. True enough he picked an oc that most thought would be alot more innovative then he proved to be. But HIS CHOICE in letting that same OC who didn't have some gleaming record of success completely handpick his own staff is patently absurd. I swear on everything I love when we had a conversation about stumble**** the day before my nephew decided to transfer Mandy literally had zero clue what his resume looked like. When it was shown to him he literally said what the fvck... That's crazy as a first time head coach to put your fate into someone's hands like that where you give them complete authority. Alfraud and onion couldn't get people cause everyone stayed away like being tied to them was the equivalent of having the plague. Big difference. You choose if that's better or worse. I know my thoughts.

Nah. That's not the case with Mandy. When Mandy first got the job I know of some very interesting names that called up and threw themselves into the hat. Mandy however(much different from alfraud or onion)made a personal choice that he didn't want any of them around. (in my eyes because having them around puts the spotlight on him when things are done backwards) He surrounded himself with yes men for a reason. True enough he picked an oc that most thought would be alot more innovative then he proved to be. But HIS CHOICE in letting that same OC who didn't have some gleaming record of success completely handpick his own staff is patently absurd. I swear on everything I love when we had a conversation about stumble**** the day before my nephew decided to transfer Mandy literally had zero clue what his resume looked like. When it was shown to him he literally said what the fvck... That's crazy as a first time head coach to put your fate into someone's hands like that where you give them complete authority. Alfraud and onion couldn't get people cause everyone stayed away like being tied to them was the equivalent of having the plague. Big difference. You choose if that's better or worse. I know my thoughts.
In your opinion, has last year had enough of an impact to make him a better coach? It sure looks like he's made all the right moves from the outside.

Advertisement
We can be a playoff caliber team sooner than later with this aggresive offensive and defensive scheme, long as we keep stacking talent so we can score a ton of points and on defense get tons of tackles for losses and even turnovers
Playoff caliber teams have playoff caliber lines. Yes we can get to that point real soon because even this year we play no one at all until the acccg. So if they prepare all season till we get to Clemson we got a shot. One game we can take Clemson. But you get into that playoff against those big boys our scheme is designed to allow the run up the middle(cause it's into the teeth of the run blitz)big lines block effectively in waves. They get to the second tier easily. Which means they pick up the run blitz easily against our strong,striker ,mike & will. That equates to a long day.

This is where I struggle. I believe we all know deep down that change is needed. In order for that to happen, we need to lose. Do I want us to win or lose? I honestly don’t know.
All I can say to that regardless of my own personal feelings you gotta look at rationale. By winning,extensions WILL come along. That's not just Mandy and co. Much more importantly that's elmur fudd too... So if people really want flake gone you better hope somehow we don't win the Easiest ten plus games well ever play.

Again, you have to look at pedigree. Recruited by JJ and played on 2-national championship teams. All-conference tackle. GA under Butch. Coached for Schiano, who made Rutgers at least respectful. Won a conference title at FIU. Mentored by Saban. Won the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl last year in his second year. National recruiter of the year at Alabama.
What might be the most important key to that is he has the mentality of a NASTY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN through and through. That Oregon team really took on his personality up front when he got there. He would make the trenches a strength for us again. That's the key in getting back right. No flash and little substance. He's about get your hands on that dude in front of you and shove his face down in that mud. People always say but his game day coaching is suspect. For one it's getting alot better. Two that's where hiring **** good coordinators comes into play. The people he had lined up y'all would've been very happy with.

Advertisement
Back