UNCONQUERED

Advertisement
What coach that we've had here EVER came in as a proven phenomenal HEAD COACH... What you look for in a coach is traits. It's not about Mandy or anyone else. It's about what Mario is as an individual AND what him and his family have meant to THIS COMMUNITY throughout their lives. It really is crazy people don't see this. The man's a proven monster recruiter with or without bags. He's got great communication skills, he's Cuban American in Miami Florida and he knows how to relate to everyone. His mentality is all about physicality and he KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN... it means something the track his career has taken. From the coaches he was recruited by and played under to the coaches who mentored him and the relationships he has in place. The sports world vouches for the man no pressure but our fan base doesn't... What in theee actual fvck is goin on here.
Bro, you went way off track with me on this one here. I'm not trashing Mario Cristobal like you are implying. I like Mario and I think many of the traits and intangibles you listed would likely make him a great fit here. I just don't get why some people on this forum talk about him like he is one of the top coaches in college football. Could he be? Maybe, but he hasn't earned that trophy yet. Like I said, it somewhat reminds me of former Taggart hype.

But everything I was talking about was in the lens of his resume as a football coach thus far. That was in response to people glorifying it beyond what's actually on the paper. I never made any remark about me not wanting Mario here because he isn't proven enough, or saying I dislike him or don't vouch for him, etc. Chill, dog. Go direct your anger at a Mario Critobal hater. I am not one of them.

@TruCane81 .....I Love me some Big Vince...Just a Great Dude....during his Sr yr....I wanna say both his parents passed (if I'm not mistaken)...might be Grandparents...been so long...And his child was also Born around the same time....@ dsddcane would probably remember better...
If I remember correctly, both of his parents passed between the end of the regular season and the Fiesta Bowl, within a month or so of each other. Awful, and I can’t begin to imagine.

All I can say to that regardless of my own personal feelings you gotta look at rationale. By winning,extensions WILL come along. That's not just Mandy and co. Much more importantly that's elmur fudd too... So if people really want flake gone you better hope somehow we don't win the Easiest ten plus games well ever play.

Brutal. This program is done, man. So frustrating.

Well, if momma calls you have to consider it. That's why I think Swinney leaves Clemson for Alabama once Saban retires. Hard to turn down your alma mater when it comes knocking no matter your current situation. If Miami pays the buy out for Cristobal which will be huge, then I think that is a sign they are committed to finally getting this right. I think Cristobal would demand and receive a generous pocket book for a staff. Cristobal and his wife are Miami folks. No South Florida culture shock.

Depends on what Cristobal wants. He will never ever win a national title at Oregon. He loses a lot this year so I'll be interested to see how he adjusts and whether or not he wins his division. I love the fact that they play North Dakota State in the opener. Go Bison.
Can't compare the state of Alabama in its current condition then Miami to Oregon's. That's the only difference I see....Dabo doesn't skip a beat at bama it's already built. We r in shambles and rumors are that it's not a good working environment inside the upper brass.

Advertisement
That's a really clueless comment and shows u don't understand what at that time we represented. Barry Alvarez in the short term would have definitely done a far better job. However he also would've took a culture that was symbolic of us and tore it down. He would've turned us into Wisconsin or Notre Dame 2.0 which was exactly what shalalalala was hoping for. In order to do that they would've took everything we had and said fvck all of yall. Now it's about clean cut and image first and foremost. That's not any kid we ever target except certain Aquinas kids. All the city kids y'all cry we don't get would've said we some Uncle Tom *** people. Guess that works for some. Smh
similar to richt who wanted to turn us into UGA

All I can say to that regardless of my own personal feelings you gotta look at rationale. By winning,extensions WILL come along. That's not just Mandy and co. Much more importantly that's elmur fudd too... So if people really want flake gone you better hope somehow we don't win the Easiest ten plus games well ever play.
I'm nervous man cause if we win (which I doubt) we get screwed either way. So if your like me and know this staff won't bring us back one winning season and that's it they sign these guys long term.
Thanks for bringing us the real **** cause to many fans here have the blinders on and it sucks. I kind of low key wish I were them and not see what I see. It sucks looking at it from my side.....super disappointing in UM as a whole.

I'm just going to say these past two season Mario has me checking the dwinstitles great coach boxes. Dude got Flowe to go to Oregon like foreal that's insane. Win or lose Flowe was going there miss me with that winning ****....Mario got him sold on him

Advertisement
Nah. We ain't never thought we ran ****. That's not the problem now or then. All kids who see themselves as leaders desire a mentor. Someone they can learn and mold certain traits from. Where we first went wrong is when (because we asked for it)Larry took over. Larry had no clue how to be a leader of men. By nature Larry is a quiet reserved dude. His staff didn't respect him and we respected him even less. Then he started getting rid of coaches that we respected. Coaches that demanded and earned our respect. Made us have even more contempt for Coker. Since Larry couldn't delegate responsibility at all we lost track of the program in itself. So when everyone started leaving that knew what was required out of us,dudes that held each of us in check,things started goin crazy. The team lost track of the goals and individuals just started to worry about them. Again the coaches were gone who we respected and held us together. It's just spiraled down from there to all the hires we've made have been from desperation rather than a well thought out move that works for us. The people making decisions are financial and academic people. No clue how to get a program right. That's why lonzo coming in and having real power scared the Jesus out of them. Cause they know he has the ear of the real power and he knows the changes WE HAVE TO MAKE. For obvious reasons that shook all of them. We right this ship ONLY when we embrace change from the top down. That's board meddling in things for their own gain,that's staff getting token jobs just because of the value perceived,that's clicks on the team and no concern for anyone outside of them... We fought for a unit cause we knew that unit represented us. All of these people mentioned fight for nothing but themselves. We gotta learn to have pride in ourselves again and pride in what this U is supposed to represent. Cause this and that ain't one in the same for a long time since.

And this is exactly why I posted the day or day after skelator scapegoated/fired all those coaches, I said back than, we won't be seeing UM football again no time soon, a d the ignorant ****'s on the boards back than like they are now tried to dispute with me than, that's when I knew we had to many hoe *** bandwagon fans that had creeped in. Coach shannon had a chance but the dumb *** administration wasn't gone support em and he was campaigning to hard on the image and discipline bullshat trick too.

This is why when ****'s started bashing coach richt, they didn't know wtf they were doing, or looking at, and I kept telling people, coach richt knows WTF he's doing, ****'s crying bout how bad the offense looked, but overlooked the fact that coach richt was a general and was bringing the winning mentality back and had raised the expectations of the team, and 2018 was about to be the year where coach richt was going to break that weak **** crybaby/losing mentality that's been running rampant at UM for far to long, so by jeff thomas and if any of the rest of you crybaby ****'s wanna go with him, "we wish you nothing but the best". Coach richt wasn't going let a bunch of crybaby losing ****'s run the squad, so 2018 had to happen.

But than ***** *** flake james a real coward with know credibility trying to make suggestions to the "Coach of the year" to make changes, I'm glad coach richt told flake james to "***** Off". So in comes coach diaz, **** started out retrieving crybabies and the weak minded ****'s to run the squad, I knew than, this **** doesn't understand and when he made the statement "the starting qb at UM needs to be a guy that shows he really wants it" I knew than he wanted the a cheese eater so that fell right in the hands of the loser jw15 when everybody knows Perry should've been the starter from a mental standpoint alone.

Never tried to transfer, never heard his name attached to that **** but by wishful posters, has never run from competition, and has Greatness in em, but coach diaz started off going with the hoe *** culture, worried about a **** transferring, and worst, naming him the starter, when the real ****'s already jw15 was gone, never was committed to UM.

And coach diaz stayed clueless to the culture and pulse of the team, all that transfer portal **** was sickening to me, the only ones that I respected was kj osborn, cause he wanted to move up in competition, bolden's and hill cause they schools were bullshattin. But coach diaz showed to much sissy *** **** for me, sac riding losers and runners in jw15 and transfer tate and enos already!

I can tell coach diaz is delusional and I asked the question early on, can he lead men. Him firing all of those offensive coaches was not justifiable and showed a major flaw in his psyche when it comes to leading men. Coach richt was a goon at heart, he wasn't with that soft **** at heart, even tho I never liked his offensive concept since the FSU days, cause to me they was soft in the redzone but the one thing he would do consistently is stay aggressive tho.

He did the same thing here, stayed aggressive, of course it was the in between downs that was a problem, but once he would've got his guys in place, we would've definitely been in contention. But many on here crying about a 3rd year offense that had lost it's best receiver with no mature or solid o-line talent but forgot how real coaches can take a rosier and win 10games, but imma end this for now!

And this is exactly why I posted the day or day after skelator scapegoated/fired all those coaches, I said back than, we won't be seeing UM football again no time soon, a d the ignorant ****'s on the boards back than like they are now tried to dispute with me than, that's when I knew we had to many hoe *** bandwagon fans that had creeped in. Coach shannon had a chance but the dumb *** administration wasn't gone support em and he was campaigning to hard on the image and discipline bullshat trick too.

This is why when ****'s started bashing coach richt, they didn't know wtf they were doing, or looking at, and I kept telling people, coach richt knows WTF he's doing, ****'s crying bout how bad the offense looked, but overlooked the fact that coach richt was a general and was bringing the winning mentality back and had raised the expectations of the team, and 2018 was about to be the year where coach richt was going to break that weak **** crybaby/losing mentality that's been running rampant at UM for far to long, so by jeff thomas and if any of the rest of you crybaby ****'s wanna go with him, "we wish you nothing but the best". Coach richt wasn't going let a bunch of crybaby losing ****'s run the squad, so 2018 had to happen.

But than ***** *** flake james a real coward with know credibility trying to make suggestions to the "Coach of the year" to make changes, I'm glad coach richt told flake james to "***** Off". So in comes coach diaz, **** started out retrieving crybabies and the weak minded ****'s to run the squad, I knew than, this **** doesn't understand and when he made the statement "the starting qb at UM needs to be a guy that shows he really wants it" I knew than he wanted the a cheese eater so that fell right in the hands of the loser jw15 when everybody knows Perry should've been the starter from a mental standpoint alone.

Never tried to transfer, never heard his name attached to that **** but by wishful posters, has never run from competition, and has Greatness in em, but coach diaz started off going with the hoe *** culture, worried about a **** transferring, and worst, naming him the starter, when the real ****'s already jw15 was gone, never was committed to UM.

And coach diaz stayed clueless to the culture and pulse of the team, all that transfer portal **** was sickening to me, the only ones that I respected was kj osborn, cause he wanted to move up in competition, bolden's and hill cause they schools were bullshattin. But coach diaz showed to much sissy *** **** for me, sac riding losers and runners in jw15 and transfer tate and enos already!

I can tell coach diaz is delusional and I asked the question early on, can he lead men. Him firing all of those offensive coaches was not justifiable and showed a major flaw in his psyche when it comes to leading men. Coach richt was a goon at heart, he wasn't with that soft **** at heart, even tho I never liked his offensive concept since the FSU days, cause to me they was soft in the redzone but the one thing he would do consistently is stay aggressive tho.

He did the same thing here, stayed aggressive, of course it was the in between downs that was a problem, but once he would've got his guys in place, we would've definitely been in contention. But many on here crying about a 3rd year offense that had lost it's best receiver with no mature or solid o-line talent but forgot how real coaches can take a rosier and win 10games, but imma end this for now!
This is alot to unpack.

Grew up a few years behind Jamaal in North Camden. He and my best friend were basically step brothers. Funny thing is I always thought of him as a basketball player
That boys got a mean drop step don't he.

Bro, you went way off track with me on this one here. I'm not trashing Mario Cristobal like you are implying. I like Mario and I think many of the traits and intangibles you listed would likely make him a great fit here. I just don't get why some people on this forum talk about him like he is one of the top coaches in college football. Could he be? Maybe, but he hasn't earned that trophy yet. Like I said, it somewhat reminds me of former Taggart hype.

But everything I was talking about was in the lens of his resume as a football coach thus far. That was in response to people glorifying it beyond what's actually on the paper. I never made any remark about me not wanting Mario here because he isn't proven enough, or saying I dislike him or don't vouch for him, etc. Chill, dog. Go direct your anger at a Mario Critobal hater. I am not one of them.
My bad. I only saw the one comment. If you look at it from the perspective you mentioned though than there's only about 7 coaches in college football presently who can check that off. We ain't never gonna pay like that which is also why the Mario train has passed. We had our one chance and they ****ed it up. Now with him winning the Rose bowl it'll take sentiment to have any chance of getting him back. Otherwise we'll never spend enough. They let that ****** politician talk them out of a slam dunk so their personal businesses would thrive. That's our problem. No one makes the sports here a priority anymore.

Advertisement
My bad. I only saw the one comment. If you look at it from the perspective you mentioned though than there's only about 7 coaches in college football presently who can check that off. We ain't never gonna pay like that which is also why the Mario train has passed. We had our one chance and they ****ed it up. Now with him winning the Rose bowl it'll take sentiment to have any chance of getting him back. Otherwise we'll never spend enough. They let that ****** politician talk them out of a slam dunk so their personal businesses would thrive. That's our problem. No one makes the sports here a priority anymore.

There has to be someone at Coral Gables with enough juice and intelligence to see the incompetence going on. There has to be.

There's four of them. Problem is none of them can get everyone else on the same page. It'll take something blatant to force their hand.

Like Miami not winning the Coastal? I mean, how can anyone justify Diaz if he can’t even beat UNC or VT?

Advertisement
I'm nervous man cause if we win (which I doubt) we get screwed either way. So if your like me and know this staff won't bring us back one winning season and that's it they sign these guys long term.
Thanks for bringing us the real **** cause to many fans here have the blinders on and it sucks. I kind of low key wish I were them and not see what I see. It sucks looking at it from my side.....super disappointing in UM as a whole.
If we don't win this season you need to fold this program entirely. This schedule is a ****** joke. Just that simple. No way in fvck we don't win this season

Like Miami not winning the Coastal? I mean, how can anyone justify Diaz if he can’t even beat UNC or VT?
U really think it's ever EXPECTED we win something even as mediocre as the coastal,bwhen we can't even regularly put up a winning record? C'mon bruh

Y'all amaze me. Thank God our fans don't have **** to do with all of us that swear by him. Now you're even talking **** bout swase when Butch and Coker were here. Lord y'all miserable.

Your (and others) testimony speaks a clear language. But it's still unforgivable that he became the only strength & conditioning coach I have ever heard of who wasn't allowed in the weight room. I would say that was peak-canes-laziness/complacency, but then we managed to lose to FIU and get shut out by Louisiana Tech.

Advertisement
Back