UNCONQUERED

My bad. I only saw the one comment. If you look at it from the perspective you mentioned though than there's only about 7 coaches in college football presently who can check that off. We ain't never gonna pay like that which is also why the Mario train has passed. We had our one chance and they ****ed it up. Now with him winning the Rose bowl it'll take sentiment to have any chance of getting him back. Otherwise we'll never spend enough. They let that ****** politician talk them out of a slam dunk so their personal businesses would thrive. That's our problem. No one makes the sports here a priority anymore.

Every once in a while, you post something on here that sends me into a spiral downward. You mean to tell me that Mario was all but signed, sealed and delivered in the days after MR retired and some numbnuts said, hey wait, let's bring back our former DC who just took the head coaching job at Temple? Am I really living in a world where that happened?

Advertisement
Every once in a while, you post something on here that sends me into a spiral downward. You mean to tell me that Mario was all but signed, sealed and delivered in the days after MR retired and some numbnuts said, hey wait, let's bring back our former DC who just took the head coaching job at Temple? Am I really living in a world where that happened?
Yup....

What coach that we've had here EVER came in as a proven phenomenal HEAD COACH... What you look for in a coach is traits. It's not about Mandy or anyone else. It's about what Mario is as an individual AND what him and his family have meant to THIS COMMUNITY throughout their lives. It really is crazy people don't see this. The man's a proven monster recruiter with or without bags. He's got great communication skills, he's Cuban American in Miami Florida and he knows how to relate to everyone. His mentality is all about physicality and he KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN... it means something the track his career has taken. From the coaches he was recruited by and played under to the coaches who mentored him and the relationships he has in place. The sports world vouches for the man no pressure but our fan base doesn't... What in theee actual fvck is goin on here.

OK you've sold me. You had me at hello with Mario. Do you think he would jump back over to the dark side if we come calling this next time around?

My bad. I only saw the one comment. If you look at it from the perspective you mentioned though than there's only about 7 coaches in college football presently who can check that off. We ain't never gonna pay like that which is also why the Mario train has passed. We had our one chance and they ****ed it up. Now with him winning the Rose bowl it'll take sentiment to have any chance of getting him back. Otherwise we'll never spend enough. They let that ****** politician talk them out of a slam dunk so their personal businesses would thrive. That's our problem. No one makes the sports here a priority anymore.
No worries. And well said above, man. I agree.

If we don't win this season you need to fold this program entirely. This schedule is a ****** joke. Just that simple. No way in fvck we don't win this season
Looking at the schedule on paper, I completely agree. The problem I'm having though is, I **** near felt the same way last season. I laid some decent cash on Miami +8.5. I just couldn't see us dropping four games on that schedule, I really couldn't. We barely won 6. But - here we go again! - I can't see that happening again this year with bringing in Lashlee and King. And, in fact, I think our ceiling is pretty **** high. Just too much unknown to have any confidence in it, and I'm way too scarred to have any faith in it.

Advertisement
At the end of the day everyone knows the defense is on him and to an extent Baker who has stability as a result because the defense is all on Mandy. Quite the conundrum there.
That is a great point. We were all seemingly relieved when Manny took the reins of the D back last season. And I will say, those first few quarters out after that they looked like a completely different D to me. Of course, it didn't last. But point being, if Manny basically taking the D away from our own d-coord felt like a good move to some of us at the time, then what the fvck is he doing here? But I don't understand Baker or how our current D is actually being run enough to evaluate the guy. I only know what I see.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!???

Lm5MM1LgHp8qh7kzXq.gif

I almost broke my computer.

@dsddcane can you elaborate on who Mario had lined up?

I'm not a Manny fan at all - I thought he would get it and after watching the Richt ****show at the end firsthand, he would have a better perspective on everything. But he didn't and last year was one of the worst seasons in our history.

I just cannot see Mario ever coming back. He will continue to progress at Oregon especially whilst USC are doing an impression of Miami-lite and the bags + facilities + uniforms mean he'll keep getting good recruits beyond even his stellar recruiting skills.

The only way he does come back is if he sees us get trashed on a weekend that Oregon are off and he thinks **** this, I need to fix it myself.

Unlikely though.

Advertisement
I almost broke my computer.

@dsddcane can you elaborate on who Mario had lined up?

I'm not a Manny fan at all - I thought he would get it and after watching the Richt ****show at the end firsthand, he would have a better perspective on everything. But he didn't and last year was one of the worst seasons in our history.

I just cannot see Mario ever coming back. He will continue to progress at Oregon especially whilst USC are doing an impression of Miami-lite and the bags + facilities + uniforms mean he'll keep getting good recruits beyond even his stellar recruiting skills.

The only way he does come back is if he sees us get trashed on a weekend that Oregon are off and he thinks **** this, I need to fix it myself.

Unlikely though.

If the rumors were true, I think he was looking at Winston Moss for DC.

Also, Cristobal just took a PAYCUT at Oregon.

Before the pay cut, he had his contract extended- his new salary WITH incentives was about 4.5 million, just about what Richt was making. Oregon has a 10% income tax for the highest tax bracket. In take-home pay, Richt was actually making more than Cristobal is at Oregon, assuming Mario hit all his incentives.

You think he is going to get some massive new contract from Oregon? Two problems with that theory.

1. Oregon's sugar daddy- Phil Knight is 82 years old. Who knows how much longer he will be around. Once he passes, I doubt Nike will be buying new buildings for U of O.

2. Oregon (I live there for more than a decade) isn't like Alabama, where people are happy to see a HC get paid 10 million per year while people starve in the streets. Yes, those of us that know football know that boosters pay a lot of the salary, not the taxpayer, but that nuance is lost to most of the public. If Oregon tries to pay Cristobal 8-9 million with the state having budget problems, there will be riots in Eugene and Portland. The governor would never approve since her voting base is in those cities. Fact is- if Diaz doesn't have a good season at Miami in 2020, there wont be a better time to reel in Cristobal.

Your (and others) testimony speaks a clear language. But it's still unforgivable that he became the only strength & conditioning coach I have ever heard of who wasn't allowed in the weight room. I would say that was peak-canes-laziness/complacency, but then we managed to lose to FIU and get shut out by Louisiana Tech.
You realize when Pete said that he was just looking for attention. He didn't bother to clarify the comment. You have to be certified for things individually. There was ALOT of dissension on that alfraud staff and squad. There was a particular method that swase didn't agree with and he wouldn't back down to alfraud about because it went entirely against swase methods which embraced fast twitch. Alfraud went to the extreme to get swase away from far twitch regardless of all of us first rounders & NFL success that sweetie by him. Alfraud was so pretty he even had the sand Pitt taken out without consulting swase. He was certainly in the weight room. He ran the weight room. But there was certain things he didn't back down on. Regardless people can feel what they want and anyone else who knows the citation can clarify. Regardless I'll always be grateful to swase.

Advertisement
OK you've sold me. You had me at hello with Mario. Do you think he would jump back over to the dark side if we come calling this next time around?
Nah not really. I think it would take us crashing HARD for them to approve spending the kind of money it would require now. I don't see us being that bad to where it necessitates that action out of the board. I'd love to be wrong and it is just my opinion on that part. I do know Mario would always embrace any real chance to come back home. Just don't know well ever get back to that point.

Looking at the schedule on paper, I completely agree. The problem I'm having though is, I **** near felt the same way last season. I laid some decent cash on Miami +8.5. I just couldn't see us dropping four games on that schedule, I really couldn't. We barely won 6. But - here we go again! - I can't see that happening again this year with bringing in Lashlee and King. And, in fact, I think our ceiling is pretty **** high. Just too much unknown to have any confidence in it, and I'm way too scarred to have any faith in it.
I get it. But you do have to understand king is a minor piece of that. It's lashlee system that'll make it almost impossible to lose like that this year. We are gonna put some points up. If the line comes together we should put up good points. You need the line to stand up with this system particularly in the red zone and the short side of the field. When your space is minimized that's when these sorts of offenses struggle. That also takes a solid defense to capitalize on the lack of spacing. That's why I say it takes coaching and talent on the opposing sideline. Not much of that in the coastal. We'll be fine

Advertisement
Your (and others) testimony speaks a clear language. But it's still unforgivable that he became the only strength & conditioning coach I have ever heard of who wasn't allowed in the weight room. I would say that was peak-canes-laziness/complacency, but then we managed to lose to FIU and get shut out by Louisiana Tech.
Lol at Swasey not allowed in Weight room....
Jesus H Christ....I only saw him in UMs weight room a Thousand times....

You realize when Pete said that he was just looking for attention. He didn't bother to clarify the comment. You have to be certified for things individually. There was ALOT of dissension on that alfraud staff and squad. There was a particular method that swase didn't agree with and he wouldn't back down to alfraud about because it went entirely against swase methods which embraced fast twitch. Alfraud went to the extreme to get swase away from far twitch regardless of all of us first rounders & NFL success that sweetie by him. Alfraud was so pretty he even had the sand Pitt taken out without consulting swase. He was certainly in the weight room. He ran the weight room. But there was certain things he didn't back down on. Regardless people can feel what they want and anyone else who knows the citation can clarify. Regardless I'll always be grateful to swase.
Good lord i had a **** ton of autocorrect gone wrong on this one.

Advertisement
Back