UNCONQUERED

Because he wouldn't have even attempted to target the same kids... He would've immediately started going after clean cut,unathletic,smart kids. Nothing wrong with some I get it but he would've done exactly what alfraud did all those years before. If he would've went after any of the same kids we would've struggled in that system.

Safe to say Diaz and his staff will be joining that list soon?

Advertisement
Cmon I’m understand maybe he would like the clean cut kids but there’s no chance he would be stupid enough to avoid the massive talent here, maybe his personality wouldn’t have landed some of kids we usually target but I highly doubt he would come here and avoid the talent

Even so he quit coaching in 2005 andwe still probably end up with Shannon and Golden
That was why I said and IF he still goes after the same kids which I know isn't what shalalalala wanted than it would've been similar to what happened with alfraud. Their systems were designed for different types of players than what we target. The reason no d didn't work here is because his scheme went 180° degrees away from anything or kids ever been taught. You don't take kids who were raised in this game understanding pressure Busts pipes & tell them we're just gonna sit back and be plumbers. Both alfrauds & Alvarez schemes embraced conservative play. That's not what these kids know.

Safe to say Diaz and his staff will be joining that list soon?
Nah. While I think Mandy isn't at all what we should demand out of a leader or his staff. He's not at all in the same category as Larry or alfraud. He's similar in personality to onion. What's similar between all is none of them demanded the respect of their staff or their team. But mandy is smart enough to understand & embrace what South Florida kids are all about. The scheme is based on aggression(God willing on both sides of the ball now) we should always be good enough to thrive in the coastal. That's because the teams that will expose our system embrace fundamentals. They understand it's mandatory to be able to pick up a blitz. To slide into Max protect against a system that embraces speed up field. Only two teams in the coastal are coached well enough for that (puke and UNC)and neither of them should annually field enough talent to expose us. The real squads are where we're gonna get exposed and as of now we basically never play them. It's not about winning a coastal which will keep us asap. Second tier team,it's about becoming a dominant national squad again. I'm doubtful were gonna be in place to do that consistently any time soon. Love to be proved wrong though.

Nah. While I think Mandy isn't at all what we should demand out of a leader or his staff. He's not at all in the same category as Larry or alfraud. He's similar in personality to onion. What's similar between all is none of them demanded the respect of their staff or their team. But mandy is smart enough to understand & embrace what South Florida kids are all about. The scheme is based on aggression(God willing on both sides of the ball now) we should always be good enough to thrive in the coastal. That's because the teams that will expose our system embrace fundamentals. They understand it's mandatory to be able to pick up a blitz. To slide into Max protect against a system that embraces speed up field. Only two teams in the coastal are coached well enough for that (puke and UNC)and neither of them should annually field enough talent to expose us. The real squads are where we're gonna get exposed and as of now we basically never play them. It's not about winning a coastal which will keep us asap. Second tier team,it's about becoming a dominant national squad again. I'm doubtful were gonna be in place to do that consistently any time soon. Love to be proved wrong though.

Most positive thing you’ve ever said about Diaz ha

Advertisement
Because he wouldn't have even attempted to target the same kids... He would've immediately started going after clean cut,unathletic,smart kids. Nothing wrong with some I get it but he would've done exactly what alfraud did all those years before. If he would've went after any of the same kids we would've struggled in that system.

Any chance that Barry recruited those clean cut, A+ student guys to Wisconsin because that's all he had up there and maybe down here he'd have adjusted and picked South FL kids to the program? Kinda like what Jimmy did at OK St. and what he did once he got here.

So, in other words, he’ll be on that list.

Most positive thing you’ve ever said about Diaz ha
That's nowhere near true... You guys just choose to reflect on the negative. Overall I'm not too fond of him personally or professionally. But it could be worse. I just don't like how he got the job especially knowing the job was supposed to be going to someone who would put us back on the right track nationally far quicker.

Any chance that Barry recruited those clean cut, A+ student guys to Wisconsin because that's all he had up there and maybe down here he'd have adjusted and picked South FL kids to the program? Kinda like what Jimmy did at OK St. and what he did once he got here.
That's not at all what Jimmy did. Yeah he recruited white kids cause of where he was geographically located that was the vast majority. But nothing about those kids was clean cut. Nine out of ten you can tell what a coach is gonna recruit once you know there personality. Barry was a very dry dude. Met him a few times throughout the years. Very nice well spoken sort. I'd explain a way to see through Mandy's ruses too,but I'll be nice today.

Advertisement
That's nowhere near true... You guys just choose to reflect on the negative. Overall I'm not too fond of him personally or professionally. But it could be worse. I just don't like how he got the job especially knowing the job was supposed to be going to someone who would put us back on the right track nationally far quicker.

Is that ***aloon Blake job on the line this year? Something has to give.

You're talking about Mario right?

Advertisement
She did. Because she

She did. Because she was unable to get what she wanted. If Alvarez(who I feel was A great coach in his system,much like alfraud system worked for him elsewhere)came here he wouldn't have gone after those same kids. At the end of the day it's still about the bigger picture. Giving kids a way out. A way to achieve a future without football we would never be able to achieve. Not just the NFL,not just college but a degree that we can leverage into a life with substance... That's bigger than football. I agree with some of what you said. Under some of Coker and onion as well the culture was part of the problem. But plenty of blame falls on them as well. Coker was clueless and onion is a pathological liar that burned bridges anywhere he walked. He promised every kid and their mother what he was gonna get the second he got here. Than when he did he'd say fvck all y'all and just worry about his kids that would kiss his ***. Most important to all this is I personally would never defend any of those hires. We went looking for coaches at Calle ocho and acted surprised when they never knew what they were doing. There's a reason we could never get legit coordinators under onion or alfraud. The coaching community knows the truth behind situations. When people know ***** a sham it's a wrap.
correction, There's a reason we could never get legit coordinators under onion or alfraud "or Mandy".

We can be a playoff caliber team sooner than later with this aggresive offensive and defensive scheme, long as we keep stacking talent so we can score a ton of points and on defense get tons of tackles for losses and even turnovers

Advertisement
This is where I struggle. I believe we all know deep down that change is needed. In order for that to happen, we need to lose. Do I want us to win or lose? I honestly don’t know.

Last edited:
That's not at all what Jimmy did. Yeah he recruited white kids cause of where he was geographically located that was the vast majority. But nothing about those kids was clean cut. Nine out of ten you can tell what a coach is gonna recruit once you know there personality. Barry was a very dry dude. Met him a few times throughout the years. Very nice well spoken sort. I'd explain a way to see through Mandy's ruses too,but I'll be nice today.
He's a politician's kid. Just like (most of the time) you can tell a tradesman, wealthy, scientific, broken home, etc kids, he is (or at least was) a product of his surroundings.

By all measures, that elected political environment (and if you've been around like I have you know what I am saying about the "type") is baked into him.

Not bad, not good, just is.

For sure. I was a regular practice attendee in early-mid 90s and those dudes on defense like Krein, rusty, Patrick, Britton, et al were a different breed. They never shied away from a good fight.

I was against hiring Mario but boy was I wrong. He would of had us pumping right now

Again, you have to look at pedigree. Recruited by JJ and played on 2-national championship teams. All-conference tackle. GA under Butch. Coached for Schiano, who made Rutgers at least respectful. Won a conference title at FIU. Mentored by Saban. Won the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl last year in his second year. National recruiter of the year at Alabama.

Advertisement
Back