UNCONQUERED

Nah. We ain't never thought we ran ****. That's not the problem now or then. All kids who see themselves as leaders desire a mentor. Someone they can learn and mold certain traits from. Where we first went wrong is when (because we asked for it)Larry took over. Larry had no clue how to be a leader of men. By nature Larry is a quiet reserved dude. His staff didn't respect him and we respected him even less. Then he started getting rid of coaches that we respected. Coaches that demanded and earned our respect. Made us have even more contempt for Coker. Since Larry couldn't delegate responsibility at all we lost track of the program in itself. So when everyone started leaving that knew what was required out of us,dudes that held each of us in check,things started goin crazy. The team lost track of the goals and individuals just started to worry about them. Again the coaches were gone who we respected and held us together. It's just spiraled down from there to all the hires we've made have been from desperation rather than a well thought out move that works for us. The people making decisions are financial and academic people. No clue how to get a program right. That's why lonzo coming in and having real power scared the Jesus out of them. Cause they know he has the ear of the real power and he knows the changes WE HAVE TO MAKE. For obvious reasons that shook all of them. We right this ship ONLY when we embrace change from the top down. That's board meddling in things for their own gain,that's staff getting token jobs just because of the value perceived,that's clicks on the team and no concern for anyone outside of them... We fought for a unit cause we knew that unit represented us. All of these people mentioned fight for nothing but themselves. We gotta learn to have pride in ourselves again and pride in what this U is supposed to represent. Cause this and that ain't one in the same for a long time since.
Excellent post.

"Nah. We ain't never thought we ran ****."

I was worried my post would come across that way. That's why I added that last paragraph. That's not what I was trying to imply though, DSD. Nothing negative whatsoever about the mentality of the 2001/2002 guys. But what I described is right in the same vein of what you just described. Coker was a terrible hire; coker's hires and fires only made things worse; the locker room became about the players rather than it being one whole machine lead by its staff; and without leadership, like you said, the problem just got worse and worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah. We ain't never thought we ran ****. That's not the problem now or then. All kids who see themselves as leaders desire a mentor. Someone they can learn and mold certain traits from. Where we first went wrong is when (because we asked for it)Larry took over. Larry had no clue how to be a leader of men. By nature Larry is a quiet reserved dude. His staff didn't respect him and we respected him even less. Then he started getting rid of coaches that we respected. Coaches that demanded and earned our respect. Made us have even more contempt for Coker. Since Larry couldn't delegate responsibility at all we lost track of the program in itself. So when everyone started leaving that knew what was required out of us,dudes that held each of us in check,things started goin crazy. The team lost track of the goals and individuals just started to worry about them. Again the coaches were gone who we respected and held us together. It's just spiraled down from there to all the hires we've made have been from desperation rather than a well thought out move that works for us. The people making decisions are financial and academic people. No clue how to get a program right. That's why lonzo coming in and having real power scared the Jesus out of them. Cause they know he has the ear of the real power and he knows the changes WE HAVE TO MAKE. For obvious reasons that shook all of them. We right this ship ONLY when we embrace change from the top down. That's board meddling in things for their own gain,that's staff getting token jobs just because of the value perceived,that's clicks on the team and no concern for anyone outside of them... We fought for a unit cause we knew that unit represented us. All of these people mentioned fight for nothing but themselves. We gotta learn to have pride in ourselves again and pride in what this U is supposed to represent. Cause this and that ain't one in the same for a long time since.
MODS:

See #40.

That's a really clueless comment and shows u don't understand what at that time we represented. Barry Alvarez in the short term would have definitely done a far better job. However he also would've took a culture that was symbolic of us and tore it down. He would've turned us into Wisconsin or Notre Dame 2.0 which was exactly what shalalalala was hoping for. In order to do that they would've took everything we had and said fvck all of yall. Now it's about clean cut and image first and foremost. That's not any kid we ever target except certain Aquinas kids. All the city kids y'all cry we don't get would've said we some Uncle Tom *** people. Guess that works for some. Smh

Because our culture under Coker/Shannon/Golden was so much better

Didn’t Shalalalaalalal defend recruiting Willie Williams? Wasn’t Shannon the one who essentially ran that player off?

Shalalala was here how long exactly and Ddi we stop recruiting inner city kids or kids that weren’t goodie two shoes?

Didn’t Shalalalaalalal defend recruiting Willie Williams? Wasn’t Shannon the one who essentially ran that player off?

Shalalala was here how long exactly and Ddi we stop recruiting inner city kids or kids that weren’t goodie two shoes?
Organizational leadership + organizational design = championships.

Miami hasn't had that in place since Butch Davis.

Say his name b!tches. Say it.

Advertisement

Our Recruiting...and Evaluating went from All World with Butch...to complete trash with the 3 Stooges who followed....Very similar to the JJ too Erickson sequence...

Our Recruiting...and Evaluating went from All World with Butch...to complete trash with the 3 Stooges who followed....Very similar to the JJ too Erickson sequence...

Kind of my point

I don’t see how Alvarez based off his reputation leaves us anywhere near as bad as the 3 stooges who followed Butch

Advertisement
This miami team needs to not try and live up to previous teams and be their own U team own identity

She did. Because she

She did. Because she was unable to get what she wanted. If Alvarez(who I feel was A great coach in his system,much like alfraud system worked for him elsewhere)came here he wouldn't have gone after those same kids. At the end of the day it's still about the bigger picture. Giving kids a way out. A way to achieve a future without football we would never be able to achieve. Not just the NFL,not just college but a degree that we can leverage into a life with substance... That's bigger than football. I agree with some of what you said. Under some of Coker and onion as well the culture was part of the problem. But plenty of blame falls on them as well. Coker was clueless and onion is a pathological liar that burned bridges anywhere he walked. He promised every kid and their mother what he was gonna get the second he got here. Than when he did he'd say fvck all y'all and just worry about his kids that would kiss his ***. Most important to all this is I personally would never defend any of those hires. We went looking for coaches at Calle ocho and acted surprised when they never knew what they were doing. There's a reason we could never get legit coordinators under onion or alfraud. The coaching community knows the truth behind situations. When people know ***** a sham it's a wrap.

Kind of my point

I don’t see how Alvarez based off his reputation leaves us anywhere near as bad as the 3 stooges who followed Butch
Because he wouldn't have even attempted to target the same kids... He would've immediately started going after clean cut,unathletic,smart kids. Nothing wrong with some I get it but he would've done exactly what alfraud did all those years before. If he would've went after any of the same kids we would've struggled in that system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
She did. Because she

She did. Because she was unable to get what she wanted. If Alvarez(who I feel was A great coach in his system,much like alfraud system worked for him elsewhere)came here he wouldn't have gone after those same kids. At the end of the day it's still about the bigger picture. Giving kids a way out. A way to achieve a future without football we would never be able to achieve. Not just the NFL,not just college but a degree that we can leverage into a life with substance... That's bigger than football. I agree with some of what you said. Under some of Coker and onion as well the culture was part of the problem. But plenty of blame falls on them as well. Coker was clueless and onion is a pathological liar that burned bridges anywhere he walked. He promised every kid and their mother what he was gonna get the second he got here. Than when he did he'd say fvck all y'all and just worry about his kids that would kiss his ***. Most important to all this is I personally would never defend any of those hires. We went looking for coaches at Calle ocho and acted surprised when they never knew what they were doing. There's a reason we could never get legit coordinators under onion or alfraud. The coaching community knows the truth behind situations. When people know ***** a sham it's a wrap.
Was Shannon that bad a person?

Because he wouldn't have even attempted to target the same kids... He would've immediately started going after clean cut,unathletic,smart kids. Nothing wrong with some I get it but he would've done exactly what alfraud did all those years before. If he would've went after any of the same kids we would've struggled in that system.

Cmon I’m understand maybe he would like the clean cut kids but there’s no chance he would be stupid enough to avoid the massive talent here, maybe his personality wouldn’t have landed some of kids we usually target but I highly doubt he would come here and avoid the talent

Even so he quit coaching in 2005 andwe still probably end up with Shannon and Golden

Advertisement
Back