Uncle Luke is right. The University of Miami is racist.

Stop with the racial sh*t....

The only reason they haven't fired him is because they feel he went through the stupid Nevin crap

If that never happened he would have been sh*t canned yesterday....

That is what's holding us back from him being fired.....Nevin definitely won.. what's worse than sanctions? Golden and DNO staying on as coaches

totally agree.. should have been fired after this year but nevin bought him one more year. sick and tired of clowns calling the school racist. they hired two back coaches in the past 10 years for the big two sports. that's more than most division I schools.

Advertisement
Franchise.... maybe I'm completely blind... but if it was just a race issue why not just fire Golden and hire another white coach... and you don't know me or my past. If that comment about the robe and screaming was directed at me... well, you my friend, are sadly mistaken.

I swear some fans are so dense. This isn't about wanting a white coach, or not wanting a black coach.

This about the fact that for some reason Al Golden's 28-22 record is excused away, given a pass, even COMMENDED, while the exact same record from the black coach resulted in the swiftest firing of a coach I've ever seen. THAT is where the racist element comes in; that Al is just assumed to be better/smarter despite exact same results.
This. The school said Shannon failed as a coach yet here we are 4 years later with another coach with the same exact ****ing record, who has had more off field issues and yet he retains his job. What is the difference besides race?

Let's see...Leonard Hamilton, check. Perry Clark, check. Frank Haith, check. Haith would probably still be coaching if he didn't run to Mizzou. How about the fact that Randy, who did an excellent job, as defensive coordinator, was part of the previous failed staff? He got four years and failed. As it was Shalala didn't want to fire Randy, but was pressured by key members of the BoT. Randy deserved to be fired, period.

In a rational world, Golden would be fired after finishing 6-7 and dead last in the division in year 4. I'm not sure the buyout is really the issue. We're all University of Miami football fans, but right now my gut is the BoT isn't doing anything until it hires a new University President. I don't really care about the propoganda coming out of Hecht. They have to say that to try to salvage recruiting. Unless Golden has a miracle season in 2015, then there is no doubt in my opinion that the new University President cans Golden and brings in his or her guy.

Last edited:
I had a hard time believing that the administration was racist, but if you look at the facts, realistically what are the other variables?
When Randy Shannon got fired everyone knew something was going to hit the fan and supposedly Golden was blindsided.
People talk about money, well if they really are penny pinching like we all think they are, when Randy Shannon was fired he was getting paid minimum wage from Mcdonald's, and I do realize he had nothing in his buyout, regardless they could have kept him and his very low wage and kept this school at being mediocre.
It's gotta be a race thing, it's the only other variable, that or they didn't like the old dogs from back in the day running the football program, which is essentially the same thing.

Stop with the racial sh*t....

The only reason they haven't fired him is because they feel he went through the stupid Nevin crap

If that never happened he would have been sh*t canned yesterday....

That is what's holding us back from him being fired.....Nevin definitely won.. what's worse than sanctions? Golden and DNO staying on as coaches

totally agree.. should have been fired after this year but nevin bought him one more year. sick and tired of clowns calling the school racist. they hired two back coaches in the past 10 years for the big two sports. that's more than most division I schools.

Why should Nevin buy HIM one more year when it didnt buy Randy one more year?

Where was the BOT/AD having sympathy for Randy for blowing up the OB? That had a negative impact on the program, but I never saw those in charge seek out reasons to keep the guy bc certain things were "unfair".

I had a hard time believing that the administration was racist, but if you look at the facts, realistically what are the other variables?
When Randy Shannon got fired everyone knew something was going to hit the fan and supposedly Golden was blindsided.
People talk about money, well if they really are penny pinching like we all think they are, when Randy Shannon was fired he was getting paid minimum wage from Mcdonald's, and I do realize he had nothing in his buyout, regardless they could have kept him and his very low wage and kept this school at being mediocre.
It's gotta be a race thing, it's the only other variable, that or they didn't like the old dogs from back in the day running the football program, which is essentially the same thing.

That's just out and out baloney. When Randy was elevated he started at $750K in 2007. So to compare, when Dabo Sweeney was elevated at Clemson two years later he made $800K. Randy made $1.5 million in 2010. He was paid the same salary as Chip Kelly at Oregon. Butch made about $200K more at North Carolina with a better resume. Gary Patterson made about $300K more with a much better resume. They hired Golden for pretty much the market rate based on his experience level against his peers.

They're going to have to paid in the neighborhood of $3.5 million for the next guy to get a competent coach with a history of success.

Advertisement
2qtbqsy.gif

Advertisement
Back