Uncle Luke - All Black Players and Coaches Should Boycott FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Diaz maybe, but not Golden...the KKK contingent in this fan base was OK with Golden getting 1 more year after that dreadful 6-7 season.
Exactly! The Folden lovers are the only ones that hate Luke, cause he used to call Folden's sorry no coaching *** out! Nobody had a problem when he would criticize Randy, but you best not say nothing about the failed Nittany lioness! Lol

Advertisement
But Luke is publicly bashing our enemy and yall taking sides WITH the enemy! How much longer yall gonna keep bashing HURRICANE fans and former players on Al Folden's behalf? Sheesh!

i'm not siding with fsu on anything. they made a stupid decision beyond whatever race issues may have been involved (and i doubt anyone of consequence based the decision on bigotry anyway) with that ludicrous contract. also, if anything, the terms of his buyout were ridiculously progressive since it guaranteed 85% of his remaining salary on early termination.

in case you don't remember, luke did the same **** to us. we're suddenly supposed to forget and pretend that he's always been a loyal fan? he actively steered kids to louisville and fsu during golden's tenure because he was salty about shannon being fired (totally justifiably), and jumped back on the wagon when gameday called him up. luke can jump off of a cliff.

My feelings about Taggart aside (he’s overrated and FSU was too big for him)....

They gave him a team on the verge of academic probation (limits on practice time, championship games etc...) on a downward slide and demanded it be fixed in 21 games. I hope FSU keeps this philosophy and continues to allow boosters to make all decisions. If this next coaching hire flames out FSU will be well on their way to being the new Tennessee. Past glory and nicely ranked recruiting classes don’t mean anything when you can’t win.

Advertisement
Taggert was terrible. He inherited a team fill of national championship talent and drive it into the ground completely.

i'm not siding with fsu on anything. they made a stupid decision beyond whatever race issues may have been involved (and i doubt anyone of consequence based the decision on bigotry anyway) with that ludicrous contract. also, if anything, the terms of his buyout were ridiculously progressive since it guaranteed 85% of his remaining salary on early termination.

in case you don't remember, luke did the same **** to us. we're suddenly supposed to forget and pretend that he's always been a loyal fan? he actively steered kids to louisville and fsu during golden's tenure because he was salty about shannon being fired (totally justifiably), and jumped back on the wagon when gameday called him up. luke can jump off of a cliff.

So Luke's an opportunist, so what?

Advertisement
****, I was counting on Willie being there for another year. $18 Million is a lot of money to throw away.

Advertisement
He turned WKU from a doormat to a respectable program.
His USF rebuild culminated into a 10 win season.
Oregon had the #6 recruiting class in Country when He left, before they were in the mid 20's.
IDK what happened at FSU, but the guy had a track record at turning programs around.

If people are being honest they have to accept a contradictory set of facts. They're all true. His record before FSU didn't show that he was a bad coach. Maybe not great, but WK and USF were both good turnarounds. I just think the circumstances at FSU were very different. A group of entitled 4-5 star players that were increasingly running the show. Willie either didn't know how or was afraid to do what was necessary to get it all under control. This was very evident to the people who follow the team closely and is what doomed him, not just the losses. People here are arguing, "they only gave him less than 2 years to fix it" but that's not true. They gave him almost 2 years to START fixing it. The problem is that the foundational fix has still not started. Those problems are just as bad now if not worse. FSU better select their next coach very carefully, because he'll be tasked with a lot more than football strategy. It's also why Briles was not the big boost that some expected. The Xs & Os don't work miracles if they're not on top of a disciplined foundation.

My feelings about Taggart aside (he’s overrated and FSU was too big for him)....

They gave him a team on the verge of academic probation (limits on practice time, championship games etc...) on a downward slide and demanded it be fixed in 21 games. I hope FSU keeps this philosophy and continues to allow boosters to make all decisions. If this next coaching hire flames out FSU will be well on their way to being the new Tennessee. Past glory and nicely ranked recruiting classes don’t mean anything when you can’t win.
You're painting it too binary. I don't think anyone expected him to have everything fixed in 21 games, but they have not only looked like absolute dogsh-t on the field, they've been completely undisciplined and out of control in basically every game they've played under willie. It wasn't "You get 21 games to win a natty", his firing was based on how consistently awful they've been in every facet since he's been there. And if had showed some positive progress (ANY progress!), he would surely still be their HC.

"National Championship talent"?...where?
Don't you just love how everybody deliberately forget the fact that fsu was 5 win team when Taggart took over? Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY was making fun of fsu for rescheduling the canceled hurricane game against Louisiana monroe just to make it to bowl, now Taggart supposedly inherited Alabama! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back