UNC-Wake Thread

I know the stats say otherwise, but I felt Diaz was overrated as a DC (couldn't get much worse from what we had right). Anyone that had a pulse on offense just runs the ball down our throat under his gimmicky bullshït & we make average QBs like Taylor ******* Hornibrook look like Joe Montana.
Diaz was flawed but it worked. Whatever we are running this year is much worse and it doesn’t look the same. Our dline plays COMPLETELY different now for whatever reason

Advertisement
These people love a dumpster fire. They need it. Losers.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
What this tells you is Miami is light years away from being competitive nationally. We are a third tier ACC team despite all you homers saying 10-2, 9-3. We are not a good team and quite frankly a BELOW average football team. Stop belittling teams like VT, Louisville, VA, Pitt, etc. Wake up and realize this program has fallen mightily. We lose at least five games this year and sorry for the downer but it's reality. Remember MANNY had ALL SPRING and SUMMER to change the culture of the penalties and the special teams but its now progressively worse. There is hope for the offense and the defense is not nearly as good as before.

It doesn’t take one summer to change a culture

Apparent you’ve never been part of any sort of competitive team

Diaz was flawed but it worked. Whatever we are running this year is much worse and it doesn’t look the same. Our dline plays COMPLETELY different now for whatever reason

Diaz was an upgrade from the previous regimes at DC yes. Will he lead us to the promise land? I don't think so.

First time they cross the 50 tonight and it gets called back. This WF defense is feasting on UNC

Advertisement
I know it's a sin around here, but I never bought UM as a ELITE defense, a good one yes, but not elite.
Anyway, I think we undervalued how much the players made that scheme look better than it was.

Advertisement

Baker had high sack numbers as the DC at La Tech. It might be the case that his defensive line was a lot more comfortable with stunts. With UM, it appears that it does nothing but slow down the pass rush. He calls for stunts A LOT and it is neutralizing Miamis speed on the DL.

We are basically running a 3-3-5 and it's not working

Nope. What it tells me is Miami probably has the wrong coach. After the Florida game, I asked the board if Lincoln Riley was our HC, do we win with exactly the same players. It was pretty much unanimous agreement that Miami would have blown UF out. If all it takes is switching out coaches to turn a loss into a blowout victory, the team isnt "light years away" from being competitive.
You cant find a coach like Lincon Riley when you dont even do interviews for your head coaching job. Our coaching search consisted of one phone call to Manny. "Hey Manny, you want this job?"

Advertisement
Back