UNC Game time

Advertisement
When do we find out when the game is
Normally ACC announces game times on Monday for the next weeks games from what I gather from their previous tweets with schedules. I have seen it posted 11am and 1pm so far without looking to far into it.

It's one of 3 (currently) ranked matchups. Really our competition is Oregon/Washington. ABC or ESPN night is likely I think.

Definitely won't be a nooner

Advertisement
Guy I follow who guesses all these things a week or two in advance is saying he thinks it's going to be a noon game, but again I have to stress that it's just an educated guess on his part.

The official release happens around noon today. We should know then. Sometimes they do put 6-day holds on these slots, and don't announce until the Sunday before the game, which would be this upcoming Sunday 10/8, but I don't think that's going to happen here. I expect the time to be announced at noon today.

I personally would love if the guy is correct and the game is at noon. Less aggressive crowd, warmest part of the day, let's go up there and kick their *** before their fans wake up and get home early on Saturday evening to start Clemson prep.

I agree, give me noon all day.

Love me a nooner. I am becoming more and more hostile to 330 start times. **** starts at 350 basically and runs until 740. Completely takes over the entire day. Give me noon or 8pm kickoffs.

Guy I follow who guesses all these things a week or two in advance is saying he thinks it's going to be a noon game, but again I have to stress that it's just an educated guess on his part.

The official release happens around noon today. We should know then. Sometimes they do put 6-day holds on these slots, and don't announce until the Sunday before the game, which would be this upcoming Sunday 10/8, but I don't think that's going to happen here. I expect the time to be announced at noon today.

I personally would love if the guy is correct and the game is at noon. Less aggressive crowd, warmest part of the day, let's go up there and kick their *** before their fans wake up and get home early on Saturday evening to start Clemson prep.
A guy who guesses? Noon would be great.

Edit: joke went over my head.

Advertisement
Yep, I was half right and half wrong.

I didn't think they'd use the six-day hold, but they did. But I did think it'd be a noon game, and it'll either be that or 7:30.

I hate how they do this for people who need to travel. A noon game vs a 7:30pm game is a huge difference if you're traveling in. But of course, TV money runs the world.

Anyway, since noon is still on the table, still holding out for it.

Love me a nooner. I am becoming more and more hostile to 330 start times. **** starts at 350 basically and runs until 740. Completely takes over the entire day. Give me noon or 8pm kickoffs.
This looks like it needs a poll. Do you want to start a thread or should I?

Yep, I was half right and half wrong.

I didn't think they'd use the six-day hold, but they did. But I did think it'd be a noon game, and it'll either be that or 7:30.

I hate how they do this for people who need to travel. A noon game vs a 7:30pm game is a huge difference if you're traveling in. But of course, TV money runs the world.

Anyway, since noon is still on the table, still holding out for it.
Seems like it's all going to hinge on the Syracuse vs North Carolina game. Would the winner get the 12pm National Spot or the 7:30 spot.

Advertisement
You have to think that UM-UNC will have a higher viewership than any Cuse game which makes me think prime time. Count me in the annoyed category because I am trying to figure out travel as well.

Seems like it's all going to hinge on the Syracuse vs North Carolina game. Would the winner get the 12pm National Spot or the 7:30 spot.

Very good point and I didn't even realize they played until now.

I agree with you, whoever wins that game likely gets the night game the following week.

UNC is home and an 8.5 point favorite, by the way.

Advertisement
You have to think that UM-UNC will have a higher viewership than any Cuse game which makes me think prime time. Count me in the annoyed category because I am trying to figure out travel as well.

Not entirely true, because Cuse plays FSU. If Cuse beats UNC, and is 5-1 to play a 5-0 FSU team, that's a bigger draw. FSU has very big TV ratings.

Depends on whether ABC wants their better game to compete with USC-Notre Dame or not.

Depends on whether ABC wants their better game to compete with USC-Notre Dame or not.
Big Noon on Fox that week will be Indiana-Michigan for reference.

Buckeyes are on Peacock only. Getting ready for massive amounts of complaining.

Advertisement
Back