UNC - Game 3

Strikeout ends the inning. Need something from a bottom of the order that has really struggled lately in the 2nd

Advertisement
Miami has a long way to go in the area of baseball IQ. That was a really silly play by Gil there and changed everything for the pitcher.
Couldn't agree more Lance. This team seams to give away at least 1 run per game with mental mistakes by defense, hitting, or base running and any combination there of.

Advertisement
5-3 after a solo HR. Feel like we’re learning this team is a middling ACC squad with some ability to overachieve. That’s it.

We had better go down fighting - lots of time left in this one and we have Veliz and Federman available. Had better get Veliz up now. I don't want to see another Game 2 vs UF.

5-3 after a solo HR. Feel like we’re learning this team is a middling ACC squad with some ability to overachieve. That’s it.
I don't agree. UNC is a really good team. Miami and UNC are at the top of the Coastal. Don't forget how young this team is. I think it's great that we play UNC and the NC State next week. Better for the young guys to get their experience against the best teams in the conference early. They will improve throughout the season.

Advertisement
So apparent to everyone except Gino I guess that Van Belle doesn't have it today. I don't understand the hesitancy to pull starters early in games.

Should note one of those runs is on the defense. Toral should have fielded the groundball from the prior batter.

Advertisement
I don't agree. UNC is a really good team. Miami and UNC are at the top of the Coastal. Don't forget how young this team is. I think it's great that we play UNC and the NC State next week. Better for the young guys to get their experience against the best teams in the conference early. They will improve throughout the season.
It is amazing how someone draws conclusions about a team because of 2 games out of 55. Can tell who the young posters are on here.

So apparent to everyone except Gino I guess that Van Belle doesn't have it today. I don't understand the hesitancy to pull starters early in games.
Who is he putting in? That could be the biggest weakness in this team. Might need another pitcher or 2. Would have been nice if Bartow had come back.

Advertisement
Even if this is a loss, I hope we come back and make it a 1 or 2 run game. Other than NC ST, it's not like anyone is tearing it up in conference play yet, and we have them next at home.

It is amazing how someone draws conclusions about a team because of 2 games out of 55. Can tell who the young posters are on here.
Let's not forget that Miami is the #1 hitting team I the ACC. We have really good pitching as well. They just need to "find their legs."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back