UNC BOT to hold meeting "regarding athletics matter"

Advertisement
IMG_0117.jpeg

Perhaps USCe called UNC about Mac’s assault on Beamer and wants him punished……..or else……

…..or the check sent to App St. bounced.

Advertisement
How was his reaction not instantaneous?
Supposedly Mack and Beamers are thick as thieves. Long embrace/talk, Lil Shane went to walk off, Mack was saying one more thing, Lil Shane didn't hear, Mack reached out, they talked some more, pic made it look bad.

Supposedly.

Supposedly Mack and Beamers are thick as thieves. Long embrace/talk, Lil Shane went to walk off, Mack was saying one more thing, Lil Shane didn't hear, Mack reached out, they talked some more, pic made it look bad.

Supposedly.
That makes sense.

Advertisement
Talk about someone who is annoying. Mack Brown. Grabbing Shane Beamer by the neck postgame last week as he was walking away, then hugging the App State coach not letting him go after a tough OT loss. Like because you are Old, do you think that gives you the right to hold court at midfield?
That's just what Mack Brown does to people.... I remember just a couple of years ago..... he wouldn't let go of another young head coach.

Mack lives rent free in Manny’s head… Mack knew Manny hadn’t changed since he fired him. Knew just how to exploit him because Manny was fairly predictable.

Phil Longo was responsible for that. The only thing Mack does is make recruiting calls and ensure he doesn't have any apple sauce on his shirt for in-home visits.

Advertisement
Phil Longo was responsible for that. The only thing Mack does is make recruiting calls and ensure he doesn't have any apple sauce on his shirt for in-home visits.
Of course Longo as the OC dialed up the game plan. But there’s a familiarity a HC has with his old coordinators especially if they performed subpar. Like Skip Holtz beating us with LaTech.

But Manny wasn’t hard to figure out here with his overly aggressive DE play coupled with bad LBers after Shaq and company left.

RB draw…
Screens to the RBs…
Crossing patterns on pass plays…

A moderately talented team could rinse and repeat that and Manny rarely if ever had a counter for it.

Advertisement
Of course Longo as the OC dialed up the game plan. But there’s a familiarity a HC has with his old coordinators especially if they performed subpar. Like Skip Holtz beating us with LaTech.

But Manny wasn’t hard to figure out here with his overly aggressive DE play coupled with bad LBers after Shaq and company left.

RB draw…
Screens to the RBs…
Crossing patterns on pass plays…

A moderately talented team could rinse and repeat that and Manny rarely if ever had a counter for it.
I would be shocked if Mack understands much of modern football beyond the "big picture" which he undoubtedly can speak to regarding Manny's defense. I am not disagreeing with that, but Phil Longo's philosophy is finding open spaces in the defense (which includes how you play the run, see UNC 2020) and flooding them until you rip your hair out or adjust. He was always a tough matchup for Manny, unless he reverted to some of the adjustments he made when he was just the DC, which he inexplicably went away as the HC (See Syracuse and VT in 2017, UVA 2018). I think Richt managed him pretty well.

Phil didn't look so hot for Whisky this last weekend

I am not surprised an OC with his air raid roots is struggling at Wisconsin. They haven't had the requisite WR talent to threaten anyone with that offense, ever. Questionable fit, IMO.

I am not surprised an OC with his air raid roots is struggling at Wisconsin. They haven't had the requisite WR talent to threaten anyone with that offense, ever. Questionable fit, IMO.
Basically a reverse situation of Gattis and Miami last year

Advertisement
Back