UNC Boards...

First team other than BCU we've played this year whose fans haven't been 100% sure they would beat us.

Looks like they still think were overrated, so at least we have that.

The post-game tears just won't be the same though

Advertisement
We need style points. It isn't going to say much to beat a team this depleted by 28+, but it will say something if we don't. It will say exactly what several on this board are getting a little up in arms about re: why we aren't climbing the rankings.

Richt better not take the foot of the gas. I want a 50 something to 20 something type game.

I don't expect Miami to score and score and score and score and score some more against lowly Carolina Blue. Matter of fact, I absolutely believe Richt will hold back on the play book and what not. After all Miami doesn't want to give away their A+ game plan. Seeing that Miami faces mighty VA Tech the following Saturday. dUh.

We should be gunning for a shutout. No matter how many we hang, that looks like total domination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THis was funny...

bartholemew

bartholemew
(14331)
155 months
21 hours ago via Mobile
windycitytarheel said... (original post)

you mean like... 70-35 is ok.... or hold them to 35 total points? LOL

LOL, we couldn't score 35 points against them if the game lasted 10 quarters.

Advertisement
Don't care about style points. Win and rest the starters and give the backups some playing time. Keep everyone health and rested for the week after.

People will not care if we blow them out and it won't say anything about what will happen v VT or ND. But it will say something about our mentality. Because this is a team that beat us 2 years in a row.

A team that was clowning us the last time we played up there. And many players played in both these games. We need to come out and make a statement, to ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We need style points. It isn't going to say much to beat a team this depleted by 28+, but it will say something if we don't. It will say exactly what several on this board are getting a little up in arms about re: why we aren't climbing the rankings.

Richt better not take the foot of the gas. I want a 50 something to 20 something type game.

I don't expect Miami to score and score and score and score and score some more against lowly Carolina Blue. Matter of fact, I absolutely believe Richt will hold back on the play book and what not. After all Miami doesn't want to give away their A+ game plan. Seeing that Miami faces mighty VA Tech the following Saturday. dUh.

Go back to commenting on the Miami Herald site and being a SMD slurper, dUh

Advertisement
UNC may be depleted and have a poor W-L record but that makes it a classic trap game (playing down to the opponent and looking ahead to VT and ND). I seriously hope the Miami players don't take this game lightly or we could be in for a nasty surprise.

UNC may be depleted and have a poor W-L record but that makes it a classic trap game (playing down to the opponent and looking ahead to VT and ND). I seriously hope the Miami players don't take this game lightly or we could be in for a nasty surprise.

If you are a true Canes fan, you would know that after the last 2 years and the disrespect dished out by this team in Criminal Hill, we could never look ahead from this next game. We owe the baby heels a serious *** whooping, and you better believe that the coaching staff is beating the *** whooping drum every day this week as they prepare. This team flat out embarrassed us 2 years ago, and last year they stuck the fork in us regarding our chances to win the coastal...not worried one bit about not being mentally prepared.

tenor.gif

Advertisement

If you are a true Canes fan, you would know that after the last 2 years and the disrespect dished out by this team in Criminal Hill, we could never look ahead from this next game. We owe the baby heels a serious *** whooping, and you better believe that the coaching staff is beating the *** whooping drum every day this week as they prepare. This team flat out embarrassed us 2 years ago, and last year they stuck the fork in us regarding our chances to win the coastal...not worried one bit about not being mentally prepared.

I've been a diehard Canes fan since the mid 80s and went to many games in the Orange Bowl. Miami unfortunately has a legitimate history of playing down to its opponents (see BC game in 2001 for example). The healthiest mental approach for the players is to ignore the current W-L record of UNC and play them hard (or it could become a trap game). Yes, we owe them payback for prior years but it is far more likely that the players see the mess on film (from this year's UNC performances) and start taking them lightly. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen and we play hard and roll them.

Advertisement

The only excuse for giving up 20+ to UNC is a couple of TDs set up by of fluke defensive/special teams plays.

So anyone see the stat sheet of the UNC VT game?

kind of crazy, not in the way you would think

UNC total yardage: 172 (what you would expect with 7 points), very low

VT total yardage: 383 (ridiculously low for the amount of points they scored in 59)

UNC had 3 turnovers, VT had none. VT just did an amazing job of converting on good field position. Don't get me wrong they dominated in all aspects but VT's offense is nothing to be scared of.

If they can score 59, then we could score 59. Pastor Richt would never drop 60 on a team though, we'd run the ball to end the misery

feel much better after watching the game about our chances to finally cover a spread and to beat VT the next week

Last edited:
So anyone see the stat sheet of the UNC VT game?

kind of crazy, not in the way you would think

UNC total yardage: 172 (what you would expect with 7 points), very low

VT total yardage: 383 (ridiculously low for the amount of points they scored in 59)

UNC had 3 turnovers, VT had none. VT just did an amazing job of converting on good field position. Don't get me wrong they dominated in all aspects but VT's offense is nothing to be scared of.

If they can score 59, then we could score 59. Pastor Richt would never drop 60 on a team though, we'd run the ball to end the misery

feel much better after watching the game about our chances to finally cover a spread and to beat VT the next week

VT scored a couple of defensive TDs.

:jordan:

Advertisement
Back