UNC 247 board

Advertisement
Girl Power Feminist GIF by Period Nirvana
Ovaries?

Miami wants blood.

You can tell the coaches and players have had this game circled all off-season.
Yup, before season when Rousseau was doing those podcast and they asked what game he looked forward to most, they thought he would say clemson, paraphrasing but he said, obviously fsu is rival but that game at end of season against unc is gonna be good, really look forward to that one..

It’s not the next team up in the ACC standings, it’s next team in the CFP rankings.

So if we lose to UNC and fall behind them in CFP rankings, which we probably would, then UNC would go to Orange Bowl.
But would we? They’d have 3 losses and we’d have 2 and 2 of their losses are bad losses and we wouldn’t have a bad loss. It’s not like they have any signature wins either. We’re also their last game whereas we get an extra week to move up the rankings with a GA Tech win and teams in front of us losing in their championship games

Advertisement
I want this game more than any except Clemson. We owe them and owe them BIG TIME! Play smart and clean but put Howell's *** in the dirt EVERY chance we get. HARD! Continue the sure tackling as their backs don't go down easy and again keep in Howell's face to help our secondary they got good receivers too. Step up Line! Spring our backs, keep King upright and we take em.

Funny how the narrative for these teams is so different. Miami is 8-1 but has had no pub at all since losing to Clemson, and typically we get dogged for not looking great all the time. UNC has been gassed all season and is still gassed more now, despite they fact they lost to an FSU team that we waxed, lost to a UVA team we beat and is on the verge of a 4 loss season.

I feel like SEC schools other than Bama are often overrated. But I'm not sure the UNC v Miami attention is due to a specific bias. They're getting hyped up right now because we didn't look nearly as good against Clemson as they did in a more recent game against Notre Dame. We're still ranked ahead of them and favored to win this game. So it's not like people are outright disrespecting us.

It's probably a good thing people think the teams are close. If we go out and crush them, and end up 10-1 after a GT win, we'll have a big jump in the polls, and end up facing someone like UF in a top bowl game. That would be fun.

Our guys are gonna come out like ******* animals.

I want to believe you and hope you are right. However, I've also thought they woulda done this vs the countless other mid-level acc teams who continually give us problems.

Again-hope you're right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back