UNC 247 board

One user actually thought that Miami could opt out because of possible covid tests?

I hope we kick these mfers to the moon.

Advertisement
Miami wants blood.

You can tell the coaches and players have had this game circled all off-season.
The way Diaz closed the post-game interviews certainly showed this.

If we tackle well, especially in the run game, we win.

They will always be a basketball school they need to stfu and act accordingly.
How they think they are some power in football is beyond me. Can’t stand their football program.... was at the 04 game and in my opinion that was the beginning of the end for our program so I’m still sick from that one

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed, I have been to games at each and NC State fans are by far the easiest to be around. I work with graduates from all 3 and State grads are by far the more humble.
Although, side note, NC State is the only place where I punched an opposing fan, but he was a stupid frat boy, so he hardly counts as a human.
Thank you for your service

How they think they are some power in football is beyond me. Can’t stand their football program.... was at the 04 game and in my opinion that was the beginning of the end for our program so I’m still sick from that one
I never liked them and it grew after the Marquise Williams BS.....they and alot of other squads act like they been beating a super power Miami team.

Carolina lost to Halfass U. We clobber them and send them home like the pansies those heels are. Preppy little ********.

Advertisement
complete lack of insight on their part. they have no idea how bad our team wants this "meaningless" game and how important it is to this program. manny already said we are extremely motivated because of last year. if it isn't played its not going to be because of us. even if we have almost no chance a win over another ranked team boosts us in the CFP.

Last edited:
complete lack of insight on their part. they have no idea how bad our team wants this "meaningless" game and how important it is to this program. manny already said we are extremely motivated because of last year. if it isn't played its not going to be because of us. even if we have almost no chance a win over another ranked team boosts us in the CFP.

Yeah, weird take from them - Miami wants this game for a bunch of reasons. There is a lot that stands to be gained.

Advertisement
That conspiracy theory they’re throwing around about Miami wanting to cancel out of the game is some next level backwoods stupidity.
One of Miami’s elite podcasters actually suggested this the other day. He thinks we stick it to the ACC by backing out. Don’t know why I continue to listen to those guys.

Funny how the narrative for these teams is so different. Miami is 8-1 but has had no pub at all since losing to Clemson, and typically we get dogged for not looking great all the time. UNC has been gassed all season and is still gassed more now, despite they fact they lost to an FSU team that we waxed, lost to a UVA team we beat and is on the verge of a 4 loss season.

Advertisement
Funny how the narrative for these teams is so different. Miami is 8-1 but has had no pub at all since losing to Clemson, and typically we get dogged for not looking great all the time. UNC has been gassed all season and is still gassed more now, despite they fact they lost to an FSU team that we waxed, lost to a UVA team we beat and is on the verge of a 4 loss season.
The hate is real.

If Clemson beats ND and they both make the CFP, we're locked into the Orange Bowl as the ACC's top team not in the CFP.

If only 1 ACC team gets to the CFP, then it's imperative that Miami wins out to remain in the CFP top 10 rankings for a NY's 6 bowl game. Perhaps in this scenario a Peach of Fiesta Bowl.

Besides Clemson, UNC is the only ranked team on our schedule. It's extremely important to beat UNC to solidify our top 10 ranking.
Serious question for everyone: I wanna beat UNCs *** as much as anyone after that 4th and 17 last year and believe we'll win this week, but aren't we already locked into a New Years 6 regardless of the outcome? We lose and our two losses are to UNC and Clemson and we get a week after to get back in the W column for momentum. They still have 3 losses and the FSU and UVA losses are bad. We'd still be ranked ahead of them at the end of the season imo. Also I've seen for weeks now where some projections have us in the Peach Bowl, usually against Cincy. Does anyone know how that scenario would occur?

It’s not the next team up in the ACC standings, it’s next team in the CFP rankings.

So if we lose to UNC and fall behind them in CFP rankings, which we probably would, then UNC would go to Orange Bowl.

This is really one of those games where anything can happen. Could be close, but I also wouldn't be shocked if either team managed to blow the other one out. We certainly have the edge on defense, and they have the edge on offense. Howell does have a tendency to put the ball in harms way however, where as King only has a handful of turnovers on the season. Perhaps that is where the game will be won or lost.
Howell was 23/26 last week

Advertisement
Back