UM's Plan To Reopen

This pvssy *** bytch was on this board openly weeping looking for other men, who were not curled up in the fetal position under a coffee table like him, to comfort him. If he had a speck of pride, he would have disappeared from CIS after that humiliating display of gutlessness.

I found the perfect gift to send to paksat, though I'm sure they will get bunched up...

Advertisement

What, exactly, is a "Limited edition Cuomo heat transfer" . . . ?

Advertisement
This is disgusting.

She has a new posting . . .

1589911651970.png

It's also a gross misrepresentation that aims to make a likely benign action into some political conspiracy. The Covid forum goes into this at length.

Can you elaborate on which part of these two paragraphs is a misrepresentation. Also could you define likely benign when it appears that previously free flowing information is being deliberately suppressed. This isn't the 1st instance in FL. I'm not interested in the fluff of the article, her quotes or her political affiliation. I'm only talking about the meat of the information and it's validity.

The dashboard has been a one-stop shop for researchers, the media and the public to access and download tables of COVID-19 cases, testing and death data to analyze freely. It had been widely hailed as a shining example of transparency and accessibility.

But over the last few weeks it had "crashed" and gone offline; data has gone missing without explanation and access to the underlying data sheets has become increasingly difficult.

Advertisement
Or it could be bc we have a large dense population and have tested more people than anyone in the world, by far. If it wasn’t for NY we would’ve already forgotten about this. We also have no idea who is telling the truth, obviously China isn’t, but I’m sure other countries don’t have policies that reward hospitals for having Corona deaths.
We don't have the highest testing rate per capita. We've have more tests because we have more people with Covid-19. So, the more people have symptoms, the more tests we have. That's not something to brag about.

Our test per capita have only come up in the last month not in the beginning when you need it the most.

We don't have the highest testing rate per capita. We've have more tests because we have more people with Covid-19. So, the more people have symptoms, the more tests we have. That's not something to brag about.

Our test per capita have only come up in the last month not in the beginning when you need it the most.

What does any of this have to do with UM’s plan to reopen. Jesus Christ

Advertisement
This has to do with testing which is what I responded to.

Stop trolling me and find something better to do with your life.

Not trolling you, clown. I’m doing what is normally done on a message board - responding to comments.

This thread has been shlt on with just a bunch of bullshlt that has nothing to do with our plan to reopen

Advertisement
Can you elaborate on which part of these two paragraphs is a misrepresentation. Also could you define likely benign when it appears that previously free flowing information is being deliberately suppressed. This isn't the 1st instance in FL. I'm not interested in the fluff of the article, her quotes or her political affiliation. I'm only talking about the meat of the information and it's validity.

The dashboard has been a one-stop shop for researchers, the media and the public to access and download tables of COVID-19 cases, testing and death data to analyze freely. It had been widely hailed as a shining example of transparency and accessibility.

But over the last few weeks it had "crashed" and gone offline; data has gone missing without explanation and access to the underlying data sheets has become increasingly difficult.
Sure, this dashboard was probably done in a tool like Qlik or Tableau. There are several ways they can be populated with data. The best way is to pull straight from the database. That's also the least likely. Data gets revised and it's better to not have to explain why the numbers for X day have changed. That means there's another data source that's updated and being used to feed this dashboard. This person is removed from her job and now someone else has to figure out all the moving parts of this dashboard. The undocumented manual portions of the update process that were only done by the removed person are no longer being done. The result? Data is missing and getting to the underlying data is more difficult.

I took over a position a while back that been held by a self-proclaimed genius who was lauded as knowing everything. Let's call him Mike. Mike had written several applications that performed very specific tasks. About two months in, one of them breaks. I call the customer to find out what was going on and was told, "Oh, this happens every once in a while and Mike knew just how to fix it, he was great." A little digging showed that the app had a calendar that this dip**** was manually adding future dates to so the app could continue to schedule. All I did was add some code that would add the calendar automatically instead of reading a table that dip**** manually added to. But he was great and solved problems quickly. It was real loss to the company when he left.

If you want more evidence, I have another anecdote about the time I was asked by the CFO why my report didn't match the one his secretary gave him. She was copying from a daily report each day and mine was dynamic. Mine reflected status changes and hers did not.

Sure, this dashboard was probably done in a tool like Qlik or Tableau. There are several ways they can be populated with data. The best way is to pull straight from the database. That's also the least likely. Data gets revised and it's better to not have to explain why the numbers for X day have changed. That means there's another data source that's updated and being used to feed this dashboard. This person is removed from her job and now someone else has to figure out all the moving parts of this dashboard. The undocumented manual portions of the update process that were only done by the removed person are no longer being done. The result? Data is missing and getting to the underlying data is more difficult.

I took over a position a while back that been held by a self-proclaimed genius who was lauded as knowing everything. Let's call him Mike. Mike had written several applications that performed very specific tasks. About two months in, one of them breaks. I call the customer to find out what was going on and was told, "Oh, this happens every once in a while and Mike knew just how to fix it, he was great." A little digging showed that the app had a calendar that this dip**** was manually adding future dates to so the app could continue to schedule. All I did was add some code that would add the calendar automatically instead of reading a table that dip**** manually added to. But he was great and solved problems quickly. It was real loss to the company when he left.

If you want more evidence, I have another anecdote about the time I was asked by the CFO why my report didn't match the one his secretary gave him. She was copying from a daily report each day and mine was dynamic. Mine reflected status changes and hers did not.
Your intellect is above this guys pay grade. You'll need to dumb it down for his intellect...

Kudos for posting 3 paragraphs about dashboards work and completely missing the point. I like the part in bold though. That solidifies my point.

Kudos for posting 3 paragraphs about dashboards work and completely missing the point. I like the part in bold though. That solidifies my point.
The point was that the odds are she wasn't good at her job, was displaying obsolete data, and failed to follow best practices resulting in an incorrect dashboard that needs a lot of maintenance and repair.

Is @1LuvCane right? Do I need to explain it better?

Advertisement
Back