UM's Greatest DC of All Times Randy Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moro

Thunderdome
In 2001, Miami Hurricanes head coach Larry Coker hired Shannon to be the Canes' defensive coordinator. That year Miami won the BCS National Championship, and Shannon received the Broyles Award recognizing him as the best assistant coach in college football. The Hurricanes' 2001 national championship team is widely considered to be one of the greatest college football teams of all time. During Shannon's six years as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator, his defenses consistently finished among the best in the nation:

2001 – 6th
2002 – 7th
2003 – 2nd
2004 – 28th
2005 – 4th
2006 – 7th

The Legend Randy Shannon!!!

[video=youtube;HNT4lkPbQ_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNT4lkPbQ_w[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even as U rebuild the dream remains the same; Bring us back to the glorious days of Shannon's defenses.

[video=youtube;2CFXPlgdDpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFXPlgdDpw[/video]

Randy is the GOAT UM defensive coordinator. He is really a great coach and one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

Diaz has an opportunity to make a run at that thrown. His defense last season was pretty good. Was it on the level of Randy Shannon, of course not but Diaz future looks bright in Coral Gables.

I said early in the season that if Diaz can get UM's defense in the 20's then it would be a really good year and if he was able to get them under 15 then it was a BEAST season.

My only fear of Diaz is that he might not stick around because of the options that may open up for him.

The Rookie DC has a long ways to go:

[video=youtube;nNg7DPGK_ZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNg7DPGK_ZA[/video]

Radio Shannon is a terrible DC and UF is going to regret their decision to hire him.

Two things you must realize when using stats from 2001-2006 in support of Radio's record.

First, those were the Jeff Bowden years. For anyone that remembers, Jeff Bowden may have been the worst OC in the history of college football. Once Jimbo took over, FSU began to shred the Miami Defense under Shannon.

Second, 2001- 2003 was in the BIG EAST while 2004-2006 were in the ACC. Randio was exposed time after time once we joined the ACC.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz is 100x the defensive coordinator that Radio Shannon ever hopes to be.

There is a reason it took Radio 6 years to get a DC job after he was fired from Miami.

How high was Daiz defense ranked his first year? I will wait.....

Last edited:
Manny Diaz is 100x the defensive coordinator that Radio Shannon ever hopes to be.

There is a reason it took Radio 6 years to get a DC job after he was fired from Miami.

It's called racism.

Advertisement
Radio Shannon is a terrible DC and UF is going to regret their decision to hire him.

Two things you must realize when using stats from 2001-2006 in support of Radio's record.

First, those were the Jeff Bowden years. For anyone that remembers, Jeff Bowden may have been the worst OC in the history of college football. Once Jimbo took over, FSU began to shred the Miami Defense under Shannon.

Second, 2001- 2003 was in the BIG EAST while 2004-2006 were in the ACC. Randio was exposed time after time once we joined the ACC.

You can't discredit the facts. UM lined up and played defense against every team they put on the schedule!!!

The short bus got let out on this thread.

Good job starting a thread congratulating the D.C. of the Florida Gaturds.

Take this abortion of a thread to any redneck hillbilly gator site and miss me with lizard praise.

He's a ****, he should be dead to you. Fūck him and his entire squad of hillbilly dyckk suckers.

How do you credit Diaz as being 100x a better DC than Shannon when he doesn't even have a conference championship or a national championship to show for it? Let's end the entitlements and let's make the U great again. Diaz will have to earn this ranking at the U and Randy has set the standard!!!

Take this abortion of a thread to any redneck hillbilly gator site and miss me with lizard praise.

He's a ****, he should be dead to you. Fūck him and his entire squad of hillbilly dyckk suckers.

Oh it's an abortion of a thread now huh??? LOL, I didn't see that comment on the Diaz vs Shannon thread!!!

Advertisement

Oh it's an abortion of a thread now huh??? LOL, I didn't see that comment on the Diaz vs Shannon thread!!!

You're a butthurt bītch because someone said something about your hero, radio.

Man the fūck up, he's a fūcking gaturd, you clown. Go be a **** fan if you love him so much.

Diaz showed me a lot this season. He exceeded all my expectations. I was a little nervous because of his sting at Texas. From the coaching to the adjustments left me very impressed

He has also matured from his younger days when he would blitz for no reason other than to blitz.

To try to remove Randy Shannon from Ur history is crazy as ****.... U will never be successful!!!

Advertisement

Stop it. this is the dumbest post ever.

Diaz had to fall all the way to LaTech to rebuild his fuqin career.

He doesn't hold a candle to Randy.

The same thing that beats every good to great DC is what people condemn Randy for not being able to stop, a RUNNING QB.

Besides that. Randy is one of the best in the game.

Man the fūck up, he's a fūcking gaturd, you clown. Go be a **** fan if you love him so much.

Go kick rocks!!!!!!!!! To try to remove Randy Shannon from Ur history is crazy as ****.... U will never be successful!!!

Go kick rocks!!!!!!!!! To try to remove Randy Shannon from Ur history is crazy as ****.... U will never be successful!!!

Why don't you leave him on your dusty *** mantel. Nobody gives a flying **** about randy being a DC 12 years ago. He set our program back 10 years and had the most embarrassing loss UM history vs UVA in the last orange bowl game. That is his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back