Ummmmm not gonna lie

I am kind of encouraged. I thought we were going to get blown out. But here are some of my thoughts:

1. Jimbo is in year 5 and good lord does his team look awful
2. Mario is in game 3 and clearly has a ton of work to do
3. Special teams was abysmal. There are no excuses for what we witnessed. I fully expect them to **** on ST this week
4. TVD was horrible. Just straight dog doo doo
5. So were the WRs though. They did nothing to help TVD
6. We rushed for 175 yards. On the road. Against a good Aggies D
7. Gattis needs to stop being a *****
8. Kevin Steele called a really good game
9. DL is gonna cause havoc all season
10. We are going to win ACC Coastal

Spot on!

We need X back in the worst way! That cleans up punt return and gives us a weapon. His injury was a double whammy.

Gattis in the redzone is a problem. Outside that we pretty much moved the ball up and down the field on A&M. **** we took a drive from the **** 1 yard line all the way down the field to inside the 10. How ppl can be wanting to run off gattis in game 3 with a team he didn’t recruit is laughable.

There is a reason gattis said time and time again this offense we NEED SPEED AT WR in recruiting. We have limitations right now on offense and still had 21 first downs.

Advertisement
I still say this running the play clock down under 5 seconds every fcking play making everything seem rushed isn’t the answer…..TVD seems to work better with tempo.
Everyone could see their DBs were gassed and yet we gave them 35 seconds to catch their breath after every play.
I hope Gattis changes this running up to the line only to stop and look to the sidelines until there’s 6-8 seconds left then rush and try and get a play off…sHT Is stupid.
agree, tempo or lack of tempo was disturbing, hate to see QB keep looking over to OC for calls..... needed to get ball downfield as well....

Congrats DJ Ivey, congrats defense and Steele. Congrats OL and RBs. All played great. They all played tough as ****. We might win 10 games strictly because of them if they do it each week.

TS made a bonehead play that swung the game at least 7 points… maybe 10-14.

I want to see more Jacoby George. He looks like the only potential solution on the roster at WR.

I’m not sure what you sell to a portal WR this off-season. Start the fundraising now. Gattis has nothing to sell and neither does Mario but we have to find one.
Agreed but to be fair A&M has like 10 5 star wrs and they are avg’ing about a hundred yards passing a game, we just need to find a way to sell it and make it happen

Congrats DJ Ivey, congrats defense and Steele. Congrats OL and RBs. All played great. They all played tough as ****. We might win 10 games strictly because of them if they do it each week.

I want to see more Jacoby George. He looks like the only potential solution on the roster at WR.

I’m not sure what you sell to a portal WR this off-season. Start the fundraising now. Gattis has nothing to sell and neither does Mario but we have to find one.

I think they sell them on immediate PT. WR room is wide open outside of X.

If we can get some WR and some LB we will be cooking. CB played well but we still need more talent there as well.

With recruiting and transfers Mario should be able to fill a lot of holes after this year with a full year under his belt and 100% knowing what the roster needs.

Agreed

TVD has played bad and not gotten into a rhythm even with a good run game and better OL

His best WR was out, his Second best WR (George) just played his first game of the year , and most of the other WRs suck. There were drops in big spots when he made good throws (Smith on 4th, Parrish on 3rd down in the 1st half)

Defense looked great

I’m walking away positive hoping TVD and the WRs will start to click as the season goes on

Good teams get better as the season goes on. With Manny, Richt, etc. we always got worse
thats the key , we will get better as season progresses ......Like George a lot would like to see more tempo

Advertisement
Agreed but to be fair A&M has like 10 5 star wrs and they are avg’ing about a hundred yards passing a game, we just need to find a way to sell it and make it happen
We’re maybeee throwing around 25% of the money they’re throwing around in recruiting.

I really wished in the red zone they would have found a way to get Colbie on the field and skinner as well. Get some size out there and let them come down with a jump ball

I agree. I expected us to get blown the **** out. Ran the ball well. Tried to get the RBs involved in the passing game way to late when it should have been done all along not on the last drive of the game
Agreed, but Parish (who played his *** off) dropped a sure first down and potential touchdown on a swing pass on third down. It’s the little things against a talented team on the road. You’ve highlighted many, I’m just happy as **** your posting again.

Advertisement
I am kind of encouraged. I thought we were going to get blown out. But here are some of my thoughts:

1. Jimbo is in year 5 and good lord does his team look awful
2. Mario is in game 3 and clearly has a ton of work to do
3. Special teams was abysmal. There are no excuses for what we witnessed. I fully expect them to **** on ST this week
4. TVD was horrible. Just straight dog doo doo
5. So were the WRs though. They did nothing to help TVD
6. We rushed for 175 yards. On the road. Against a good Aggies D
7. Gattis needs to stop being a *****
8. Kevin Steele called a really good game
9. DL is gonna cause havoc all season
10. We are going to win ACC Coastal
11. TVD misses a wide open Redding on a crossing route

Very pleased with how the trenches and secondary played. But yes, TVD & the receivers were awful collectively. MC gonna have to come to the same realization as Saban when he brought aboard Lane train to modernize the offense. We will never be a playoff team consistently with this scheme. Don't get me wrong, keep building the trenches and following the blueprint, but we're gonna have to make 21st century adjustments to reach our ceiling. I have no doubts MC will bring us the talent to eventually challenge the big boys, but it may take more cafecito & looking deep into the mirror from the head man in charge..............can we please call Joe Brady again this offseason ?

This team is just strange tbh..

Ivey looks like an all American.

Special team.. forgets the special part, all of sudden.

Gattis has no idea how to run a redzone offense.

Defense looks great for the most part to night..

Kicker forgot how to kick..

Offense forgot theres a clock that runs.. even while down 🤦🏾‍♂️..

I could go on all night.

TVD’s ball placement puts Gattis in a bad predicament.

I was thinking Gattis called a good game overall but was terrible in the red zone. Looking back, I am not so sure.

With TVD being so erratic, what would Gattis be comfortable allowing him to throw in a condensed field. I was ****ed we never tried fade in the end zone. With the way TVD is hanging passes on the inside, that can end up a pack 6 EASY.

Not trusting your quarterback to drop back and throw in the red zone limits your options. You can say scared money don’t make money, but mistakes cost you big time. aTm is a talented team. A muffed punt was the difference in the game. That is what makes coaches so risk adverse. Gattis gets paid a ton of money. He better figure it out.

Advertisement
Hey man. I like point number 10. We’re still alive in the Coastal!!!!!! And we don’t need to start doing calculus for at least four weeks.
It’s never too early to start the calculus , prepare yourself……it’s going to happen.

Sell Gattis the WR coach from Bama and try to say how the scheme changes when we have the right players there. That’s about all I have.

Need to see Arroyo get more involved. We heard how TE heavy Gattis’ scheme was and I expected him to have a much bigger role last night. He pops off the screen as a dude.

Advertisement
Our rivals will spin this and I’m sure we won’t get one of the five star wrs because they’ll say our offense sucks, but I’m with you I didn’t think we’d be able to run against them, and frankly we should have more in the red zone. Our d controlled them and we were super physical, I feel better about us, but **** we let one get away
How about bringing in Thad in red zone!!! It’s crazy

We're gonna be life and death against virtually every team on our schedule. We'll eat up so much clock and score so many FGs that we'll keep other teams in the games.
I think this is very accurate. Watching that game all I could think was "You can take the OC out of Michigan, but you can't take Michigan out of the OC."

Advertisement
Back