Ummmmm not gonna lie

Advertisement
I mean let’s not forget our competition is Pitt and UNC. We’re not playing against juggernauts.

There are a ton of ****ed up things to work on. But idk what some of y’all were expecting? A fully polished playoff contender?
CIS crowned TVD as a 1st round lock and ignored 6 months of reports that we didn't have any WRS. Then proceeded to get ****y because the WRs didn't suck vs Southern Miss and BCC. It's like clockwork every year.

Last edited:
I still say this running the play clock down under 5 seconds every fcking play making everything seem rushed isn’t the answer…..TVD seems to work better with tempo.
Everyone could see their DBs were gassed and yet we gave them 35 seconds to catch their breath after every play.
I hope Gattis changes this running up to the line only to stop and look to the sidelines until there’s 6-8 seconds left then rush and try and get a play off…sHT Is stupid.
Bruh when we ran the clock down to 4 second on the last punt…**** was wild.

Agree with OP. We lost, but there is a bit to be encouraged about….

With that being said..

Gattis will get his *** handed to him this week….

That’s two not so good games in a row for TVD. He’s not a first rounder, and if he’s not careful, he won’t be a starter for too much longer either. Having a connection with just one receiver on the team will and should cost you.

Receivers…. Won’t be addressed till the off-season, but the problem is our offense doesn’t cater to receivers…. Why would a wr recruit be interested….

I’m still glass half full, cause for the first time in ever I feel like we were still in it to win against a more talented team, but there’s some obvious crap to clean up. With this being CMC’s first season, I’ll trust that he’ll get the team righted…

Advertisement
I am kind of encouraged. I thought we were going to get blown out. But here are some of my thoughts:

1. Jimbo is in year 5 and good lord does his team look awful
2. Mario is in game 3 and clearly has a ton of work to do
3. Special teams was abysmal. There are no excuses for what we witnessed. I fully expect them to **** on ST this week
4. TVD was horrible. Just straight dog doo doo
5. So were the WRs though. They did nothing to help TVD
6. We rushed for 175 yards. On the road. Against a good Aggies D
7. Gattis needs to stop being a *****
8. Kevin Steele called a really good game
9. DL is gonna cause havoc all season
10. We are going to win ACC Coastal
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 how are you encouraged with your thoughts. I mean I agree it’s just usually when someone is encouraged they throw out a whole bunch of positive reasons why. Besides our DL and D coordinator it’s all terrible.

BTW I am just busting your huevos, I agree with everything you said and I am encouraged. The biggest reason I am encouraged is because I saw a team that played hard and physical the whole game. Usually when we have a few miscues we implode and get throttled. This team didn’t fold up like a camping chair like we have for way too long.

Now even though I am encouraged, I am an old school Canes fan that expects to win championships every year. I have not thought we could win a championship in a very, very long time and I still don’t. We are nowhere near close right now. I am encouraged because for the first time in a long time I saw a team with pride that didn’t give up in the face of adversity on the road in a very hostile environment.

I still say this running the play clock down under 5 seconds every fcking play making everything seem rushed isn’t the answer…..TVD seems to work better with tempo.
Everyone could see their DBs were gassed and yet we gave them 35 seconds to catch their breath after every play.
I hope Gattis changes this running up to the line only to stop and look to the sidelines until there’s 6-8 seconds left then rush and try and get a play off…sHT Is stupid.
I may be wrong but I think the strategy with slow tempo is to shorten the game when you lack playmaker’s on the outside. If we speed the tempo and the wrs drop balls, that’s quick three n outs and you tire your defense out.

Advertisement
RIP to my notifications.
People can complain about the game management but I get it why Mario played for some of those FGs.

Everything that could wrong for us did and Mario just wanted a chance to be in it late…and we were. With everything that went wrong on the road with a new team (that we really don’t know all that well yet), it was essentially a 1 score game at the end.

That’s just from a management standpoint. The playcalling and time management is something different that I think needs to be asked.

I may be wrong but I think the strategy with slow tempo is to shorten the game when you lack playmaker’s on the outside. If we speed the tempo and the wrs drop balls, that’s quick three n outs and you tire your defense out.

I can understand that for the most part but when your down two scores in the fourth qtr. going on a 15 play drive that takes 8 minutes is not the time to be running clock.

We ran 15 plays on that drive all that snapped under 5 seconds.

Now run those same 15 plays with 25 seconds on the clock you add 300 seconds or 5 minutes to the clock.How much nicer would that might of been at the end with a couple more minutes on the clock where we could have taken our time on some plays?

There’s a time and place to run clock.Down 2 scores in the 4th qtr ain’t the time.

Advertisement
He didnt scheme anyone open with formations either to make easy plays in space...

It is harder to catch when there are cbs draped on your guy, adjust by scheming someone open beforw the play starts like Lashlee did last year with both Smith and Rooster out of the backfield...
Arroyo was schemed open, TVD didn't look off the safety and under threw the ball. Redding was schemed open, TVD misfires on the pass. There were plays to be made and Miami didn't make them. Miami doesn't have the all world talent to overcome these mistakes. Miami needs to be better with the details to win big right now

I can understand that for the most part but when your down two scores in the fourth qtr. going on a 15 play drive that takes 8 minutes is not the time to be running clock.

We ran 15 plays on that drive all that snapped under 5 seconds.

Now run those same 15 plays with 25 seconds on the clock you add 300 seconds or 5 minutes to the clock.How much nicer would that might of been at the end with a couple more minutes on the clock where we could have taken our time on some plays?

There’s a time and place to run clock.Down 2 scores in the 4th qtr ain’t the time.
The 4th qtr clock management I wasn’t a fan of either.

Advertisement
here's the thing. you never love to talk about moral victories or whatever. we took a deserved L today, and it was frustrating. but the fact of the matter is in these games we have consistently gotten blasted out of the god **** stadium and the game's been over by the end of the first quarter. the reasons for that typical result are threefold: 1. we get annihilated in the trenches, 2. we make stupid mistakes, and 3. we let those mistakes snowball into disaster.

tonight we very much did not get annihilated in the trenches. in fact, we looked like the better team on the OL and DL. that is a big, big reason for encouragement moving forward. that's where the game starts, and it's why, despite horrific WR play and some shakiness from TVD, we were in it at the end. unfortunately, we definitely made some stupid mistakes today. diaz era habits die hard. but we did NOT let them snowball into disaster. we kept scrapping and hung tight.

people need to be realistic about this team. it is a REBUILD. we lack talent in key areas and we are not going to just tear through these types of games right away. were there frustrating coaching decisions? yes. were there lapses in execution? good god, yes. but tonight i saw enough to make me feel relatively encouraged about the foundation we're building. and that's not something i could ever say about these games under diaz.

We're gonna be life and death against virtually every team on our schedule. We'll eat up so much clock and score so many FGs that we'll keep other teams in the games.
Bingo. Besides GT, who are we likely to blow out in the ACC? Everything else is shaping up as a dogfight.

This offense sucks! Time waisted with checking plays give the defense time to make adjustments also. This is not Big 10 ground chuck football, gotta open it up and find some receives that can get open and know how to catch the ball.
I wish people would stop telling the staff what kind of football it is or isn’t. Turns out it’s whatever Mario and Gattis say it is.

Advertisement
Back